Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will this Lense fit my Nikon D90?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
HenrikssonMedia
I'm looking for a Wideangle lense for my Nikon D90, and I ran across a Tokina AT-X 12-24/4 DX one.

It fits APS-sized sensors and im not really sure what type of sensor the D90's got but i belive its an APS-C sensor? In that case, does it mean this Lense will fit my D90?
OHirtenfelder
Will it work for you camera? Yes. The D90 has a D sensor, which that lens has been designed for. You just need to make sure you buy one with Nikons mount (if my memory serves me right, its the Nikon F-Mount).
Just my 2c. I'd save some more and buy the equivalent Nion lens, or even a Sigma. I've had bad experiences with Tokina.
Nike SB'd
Yup it's a DX lens and your camera has a DX sensor.
HenrikssonMedia
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Oct 8 2010, 01:29 AM) *
Will it work for you camera? Yes. The D90 has a D sensor, which that lens has been designed for. You just need to make sure you buy one with Nikons mount (if my memory serves me right, its the Nikon F-Mount).
Just my 2c. I'd save some more and buy the equivalent Nion lens, or even a Sigma. I've had bad experiences with Tokina.

Ok thanks!

Well actually according to reviews i've red on this lense and the sigma the Tokina is the better choise, better sharpness and very low distortion to a lower price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.