Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moe's new non-beige ride
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
moe
Well you can't see it yet. I'm going to Saudi for the weekend, and won't be making the payment and doing the transfer of ownership until Monday.

Clues: It's a hatchback with a turbocharged four, that wasn't available in the US (or Canada for Leif). It's got a manual, alcantara Recaros, and mine in particular is a special edition built to commemorate a motorsports acheivement. The car is available in Forza 3, albeit not the limited run model I'm getting. There were 2000 sold globally.

OHirtenfelder

You SOAB, you didn't!?! If you did then fuck you, cause Im officially jealous!!!
moe
I just found out that the numbered plaque in the car says mine's number 1239 of 2000.
fiber optic
It's French right? I bet it's French.TELL US!
Razor
WARGARBBLL
SwissWhiskey
RS 197, Megane RS250 or C4 VTS. Guessing and hoping its the first or second.
Kip_666
Seat Leon FR?
b0mb3r
sounds like a sweet car :-)
OHirtenfelder
sooo?
moe
I'm not even in the same country as the car right now.
dukenukem
Hurry up dude. If it's French the car might rust away before you get home.
OHirtenfelder
Really now Moe, what is it?
Cyclone
Wtf, stop jerking us off and tell us.
moe
I have a fat stack of cash in my hand ready to go. Later today...

EDIT: It's French, since most of you guessed that already.
moe
Sorry guys, you'll have to wait a little more. The insanely hot lady that's selling me the car needed a clearance letter from her bank saying the car's been paid for before we can transfer the ownership. The bank told her it was ready, we went down to get it, and when we got there the bank said, no it's not. So until we have that document, we can't do the paperwork. What a buzzkill...I'm so bummed right now. Well, tomorrow's my first day at my new job, and it all likelihood I'll get the car tomorrow, so I guess it's all good.
Bjorn
Did speedyK give you lessons on how to draw this out?
moe
^ I was going for a similar effect. Sure it's no Aston, but it's the first car I've paid for myself, and it probably the most exciting one I've ever bought...del Sol included. So it's pretty exciting to me. Oh btw, it has a stripe.

EDIT:

I dunno what the buying process is like in other countries, but here's how it goes here.

Last Wednesday: Checked out the car, made an offer, she immediately accepted.
Thursday: Left a deposit so she wouldn't sell it off, and got the insurance work done. Apparently, the car had to be insured for me BEFORE I could buy it (I find that odd, I'm guessing it is...but it's how it works here. RTA (kind of like a DMV) won't register the car without the insurance).
Friday-Sunday: Had to go see the folks in Saudi for various reasons.
Monday: Withdrew the cash, took it to her bank, where she used that plus some of her own to pay off what was left on her car payments. They're supposed to issue a clearance letter on the spot, which is required to do the transfer of ownership. That didn't happen today, despite the bank saying they'd issue it immediately over the phone, they said they'd give it to us tomorrow when we actually visited (actually they said it'd take a couple of days, but we insisted this needed to be done today, so they said tomorrow.)

All that's left is to do is the transfer of ownership, which is a little paperwork and putting new plates on the car (since she wants to keep the old ones). I've been told it'll take no more than 45 minutes.
misnblu
Patiently waiting too.
pics.gif
Cyclone
QUOTE(moe @ Oct 11 2010, 12:39 PM) *
^ I was going for a similar effect. Sure it's no Aston, but it's the first car I've paid for myself, and it probably the most exciting one I've ever bought...del Sol included. So it's pretty exciting to me. Oh btw, it has a stripe.

EDIT:

I dunno what the buying process is like in other countries, but here's how it goes here.

Last Wednesday: Checked out the car, made an offer, she immediately accepted.
Thursday: Left a deposit so she wouldn't sell it off, and got the insurance work done. Apparently, the car had to be insured for me BEFORE I could buy it (I find that odd, I'm guessing it is...but it's how it works here. RTA (kind of like a DMV) won't register the car without the insurance).
Friday-Sunday: Had to go see the folks in Saudi for various reasons.
Monday: Withdrew the cash, took it to her bank, where she used that plus some of her own to pay off what was left on her car payments. They're supposed to issue a clearance letter on the spot, which is required to do the transfer of ownership. That didn't happen today, despite the bank saying they'd issue it immediately over the phone, they said they'd give it to us tomorrow when we actually visited (actually they said it'd take a couple of days, but we insisted this needed to be done today, so they said tomorrow.)

All that's left is to do is the transfer of ownership, which is a little paperwork and putting new plates on the car (since she wants to keep the old ones). I've been told it'll take no more than 45 minutes.

Pretty similar to how it works here in the states.

Before you can drive a car off the lot (typically before you even do financing) you have to add the car to your insurance. It's a bit of a pain in the ass when the dealer requires proof of insurance and your company is taking their sweet time to transfer. I had to wait about an hour for Geico to fax my proof of insurance (wasnt updating on the website) when I got the Mazda 3.

I had to get a 10 day pay off notice from Capital One for the GTI since it wasn't paid off (owed about $1k). That notice was given to my car dealer and they rolled the $1k I still owed into my new auto loan and subtracted the value of my GTI from the total loan cost.

Sucks you have to wait. Sucks even more for us because we have to wait. Well played on not even saying a peep on twitter or facebook, I've been stalking your status updates.

At least we know that whatever you got, it's a chicks car tongue.gif
Bjorn
Sorry Moe, I was trying to be funny, but I guess it didn't come across. You're probably pretty frustrated (and understandably so).

Here it is kinda more streamlined.

The banks and dealerships normally do all the talking. But that's buying a car from a dealer, I've never bought a car privately, but I imagine there is a lot of stuff to go through with liens and stuff.

You have to have insurance before you drive the car off the lot, but you can just throw on your old plates for a week and be covered that way (we have one insurance carrier, provided by the province).
skr
In California, you may exchange titles without proof of insurance, however it's a requirement to register a car and receive your up-to-date tags. Dealerships require it so the registration can be processed. California also requires it to pass emissions inspection to be able to complete registration after a title change, as well. The smog check is also good for 90 days.
moe
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Oct 12 2010, 01:28 AM) *
Sucks you have to wait. Sucks even more for us because we have to wait. Well played on not even saying a peep on twitter or facebook, I've been stalking your status updates.

At least we know that whatever you got, it's a chicks car tongue.gif

Heh, I've done my best to keep quiet about it. My g/f and my parents are the only ones who know what I've bought. Felt great handing over a fat stack of your own cash. Btw pix are DEFINATELY coming tonight, just got confirmation from the owner. I'd be doing it right now, but it's my first day at work, so I'm stuck here till the evening, even though I have nothing to do.

She's the first, and only girl I've ever come across that drives one of these, so it's hardly a chick car. She also seems to be pretty hardcore about her cars, can drive a stick very well, and lives like five feet away from a race track. So she's very cool...not to mention really hot.

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Oct 12 2010, 01:49 AM) *
Sorry Moe, I was trying to be funny, but I guess it didn't come across. You're probably pretty frustrated (and understandably so).

Nah I got it Leif. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything in response, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just proud of my first big purchase with my hard earned cash.
911xx
You two make love to each other.
speedyK
QUOTE(moe @ Oct 11 2010, 06:39 PM) *

biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif

French, turbo, alcantara and a stripe?

207 GTI?
Bjorn
^is it a limited edition in commemoration of a motorsport victory?
SwissWhiskey
Lemans? Before the RCZ it was their sportiest car.
speedyK
Yep gotta be the Le Mans:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/1080613975/peu...special-edition

misnblu
Hope you got the 175hp model. thumbs_up.gif

We need something like this in America. rolleyes.gif
Cyclone
QUOTE(moe @ Oct 12 2010, 02:49 AM) *
She's the first, and only girl I've ever come across that drives one of these, so it's hardly a chick car. She also seems to be pretty hardcore about her cars, can drive a stick very well, and lives like five feet away from a race track. So she's very cool...not to mention really hot.

Sounds like you should change gf's.
dukenukem
I am going to steal your seats moe.
moe
Wow you guys actually got it.

Sorry I'm so late with the photos, and sorry they suck so much ass. I don't actually own a camera, and I got home really late last night. I'll take better pictures once I can borrow my g/f's camera. So it is the 207 RC/GTI LeMans. It's a quick little thing, and I never get tired of listening to the turbo. Torque is awesome, the handling is incredible (not quite up to the Renault hot hatches, but still excellent). I also got it for a steal. It's an '09 with 30k km on the clock, and I paid a little over $15k for it. Still has warranty left too. Comes with all kinds of goodies...the alcantara/leather seats are just awesome, it's got a car phone thingy, sat nav, an iPod/DVD hook up, parking sensors. Best of all it's a manual, and it isn't an Accord. In fact, people stop to stare at it everywhere it goes. Little kids are pointing and yelling, I've had people in AMG SLs, superbikes, and pretty much anything else slow down to take a look.

Mine looks slightly more aggressive than the model Speedy's posted, because I have the optional factory bodykit installed. Mine's number 1239 of 2000 (says so on the steering wheel), and one of about 20 in this country (interestingly I saw one of the others last night, it was black, and didn't have the bodykit).

Mods? None planned, but am contemplating painting the wheels white when I have the cash (I'm pretty broke until the end of the month). Inspired by this:

Thoughts?
MustangAficionado
I like!
Aircooled
Should see if you can get a cheap chip/tune. Usually turbo cars get a healthy power bump and if you go to sell you can revert it back to stock.
moe
Thanks man. Btw, for those of you that don't know, it's got basically the same engine as the Cooper S.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(moe @ Oct 12 2010, 08:40 PM) *
Thanks man. Btw, for those of you that don't know, it's got basically the same engine as the Cooper S.

Except in a respectable car
BlackJack
Good find congrats!
Cyclone
That's hawt. I feel exclusive for being one of the first to know tongue.gif
moe
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Oct 13 2010, 07:46 AM) *
Except in a respectable car

Haha. The Cooper's supposed to be a better drive, the 207 more practical, cheaper to maintain, and a lot cheaper to buy (might just be the stupid mark-up on BMWs in this region). Anyway, next month I'm probably going out with Mini Club UAE on a cruise thing they're doing, so maybe I can drive them back-to-back.
misnblu
Congratulations man. Beautiful car.
Now they need to bring it to America so we can enjoy something like this.
I love that color of the stripe too although blue is my color of choice.
Enjoy man.
moe
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Oct 13 2010, 07:37 AM) *
Should see if you can get a cheap chip/tune. Usually turbo cars get a healthy power bump and if you go to sell you can revert it back to stock.

I'll look into it, see what's possible. For now I feel it's fast enough, and I'm only really contemplating painting the wheels white. I need to spend some money on getting a steering wheel for my PS3, plus GT5 next month tongue.gif

QUOTE(Cyclone @ Oct 13 2010, 07:56 AM) *
That's hawt. I feel exclusive for being one of the first to know tongue.gif

Haha yeah, I knew you were stalking my Twitter. I was so tired yesterday night when I got home, that I couldn't be bothered to post on DS (involved turning on my laptop), posting to Twitter took like five seconds on my Blackberry.
moe
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 12 2010, 11:40 PM) *
I am going to steal your seats moe.

Haha, not a chance. They're one of the best things about the car.
OHirtenfelder
Nice one Moe. I'm really happy for you man!
I will be honest, I was hoping for the other wink.gif French manufacturer, but this is a pretty awesome car.
I haven't driven the LeMans version, but I have driven the 207 GTI and man o man. It is about as much fun as a person can have with 1600cc. The only thing that bothers me about the Pug is the gearshift. Pug gearshifts (this one'c included) always feel a little rubbery, and DO NOT respond very well to snap changes.
Again, congrats on having an exlcusive (in your neck of the woods) and awesome little drivers car!
Razor
Awesome little thing, looks aggressive as hell! Congrats!

I'm still bitter about the reason such a special edition was created, though. tongue.gif
b0mb3r
congrads on the new ride! Glad its not some camcord...
moe
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Oct 13 2010, 04:36 PM) *
Nice one Moe. I'm really happy for you man!
I will be honest, I was hoping for the other wink.gif French manufacturer, but this is a pretty awesome car.
I haven't driven the LeMans version, but I have driven the 207 GTI and man o man. It is about as much fun as a person can have with 1600cc. The only thing that bothers me about the Pug is the gearshift. Pug gearshifts (this one'c included) always feel a little rubbery, and DO NOT respond very well to snap changes.
Again, congrats on having an exlcusive (in your neck of the woods) and awesome little drivers car!

Believe me dude, I was really hoping for a Renault as well, but the deal was unbeatable on the Pug. Renaults don't sell very well here, so standard ones are hard to come by, Renaultsports are even more impossible. I had found a Clio RS 182, but its a couple years older, with more mileage, and cost nearly the same.

The LeMans has no mechanical difference to the standard version, it just looks cooler. You're right about the shift. It feels pretty rubbery after the 3's, but at least it's still a manual. smile.gif

QUOTE(Razor @ Oct 13 2010, 05:08 PM) *
Awesome little thing, looks aggressive as hell! Congrats!

I'm still bitter about the reason such a special edition was created, though. tongue.gif

Thanks a lot dude, I'm friggin' in love with it. My friend with his Cooper S and I are planning on racing the hell out of each other on a track day.

Also...I think it fits that I own a car made in celebration of beating out VAGina products.
goota
awesome car moe, congrats on having a car that is actually meant to be driven spiritedly.
b0mb3r
i wonder if they have a shift bushing kit available for this car... i installed those on mine and it really made shifting a lot better.
moe

Here's a slightly better photo. Still need to get a hold of a decent point & shoot, or meet up with my friend who has a DSLR. Btw, really gave it everything on some of my favorite roads yesterday, and it was phenomenal. Sound system kicks ass too.
spphoto.dk
That's nice. I drove the 207 RC Turbo. I don't know if it's the same or anything, but it looks like that one. It had about 180 hp and it whistled alot, lol.

Here's a vid from when we tested it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNwVeVqWoc
moe
QUOTE(spphoto.dk @ Oct 14 2010, 01:29 PM) *
That's nice. I drove the 207 RC Turbo. I don't know if it's the same or anything, but it looks like that one. It had about 180 hp and it whistled alot, lol.

Here's a vid from when we tested it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNwVeVqWoc

Definitely the same car. It's an RC Turbo with nearly 180hp, and it loves to whistle. The LeMans pack just adds the decals, and in this market meant it came fully loaded (seriouly, I have every option known to man in there).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.