Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your favorite new Lotus
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
Elise

On sale: 2015
Price: 34k (est)
Engine: 2.0-litre 16v four-cylinder turbo or supercharged, 300bhp (350bhp R)
Transmission: Six-speed manual or automated manual, rear-wheel drive
Suspension: Double wishbones all round, continuously variable dampers
Length/width/height in mm: 4000/1850/1250mm
Bodystyles: Coupe and convertible
Performance: Sub 4.5sec 0-62mph, sub-150g/km
Weight/made from: 1095kg dry/composite body sides, aluminium closures

Elan

On sale: 2013
Price: 75k (est)
Engine: 3956cc 24v supercharged V6, 400bhp (450bhp R), plus optional KERS hybrid system
Transmission: Seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox, rear-wheel drive
Length/width/height in mm: 4450/1900/1280
Bodystyles: Coupe and convertible, plus optional 2+2 seating
Performance 3.5-3.9sec 0-62mph, sub-200g/km
Weight/made from: 1295kg dry/aluminium

Esprit

On sale: 2013
Price: 110 (est)
Engine: 4969 32v supercharged V8, 550bhp (620bhp R) @ 8000rpm (approx), plus optional KERS system
Transmission: Seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox, rear-wheel drive
Length/width/height in mm: 4550/1950/1250
Bodystyles: Coupe and convertible
Performance: 3.2-3.5sec 0-62mph, 250g/km
Weight/made from: 1495kg dry/carbon fixed panels, aluminium closures

Elite

On sale: 2014
Price: 115
Engine: 4969 32v supercharged V8, 550bhp (620bhp R) @ 8000rpm (approx), plus standard KERS hybrid system
Transmission: Seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox with integrated epicyclic hybrid transmission, rear-wheel drive
Length/width/height in mm: 4600/1900/1320
Bodystyles: Folding hardtop 2+2
Performance: 3.5-3.7sec 0-62mph, 215g/km
Weight/made from: 1680kg dry/aluminium (TBC)

Eterne

On sale: 2015
Price: 120k
Engine: 4969 32v supercharged V8, 550bhp (620bhp R) @ 8000rpm (approx), plus standard KERS hybrid system
Transmission: Seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox with integrated epicyclic hybrid transmission, rear-wheel drive
Suspension Double wishbones all round, continuously variable dampers
Length/width/height in mm: 5000/1900/1430mm
Bodystyles: Four-door saloon
Performance: 4sec 0-62mph, 215g/km
Weight/made: from 1850kg dry/aluminium
Pez
Toss up between Elise and Elite. Had to go with Elite though, I like the back so much better.
moe
I added pricing/specs will add some open-top photos of the Elite I found in a bit.
moe
I definitely have to conclude that the Elite is the prettiest of the bunch, but my vote goes to the Elise. It's the one I'd most want if I were buying.

The Eterne is striking to look at, but while I'm open to the Lotus's shift upmarket, I just can't get behind them building a sedan.
Easton
the Espirit is the direction Lambo should have taken. It gets my vote
Razor
Elite. Yum.
moe
While all the cars here are tasty, I'm not on board with the fact that Lotus is only planning to offer a conventional manual with the Elise. With Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, and Lotus all ditching manuals, it seems it's officially dead.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Oct 4 2010, 10:04 AM) *
While all the cars here are tasty, I'm not on board with the fact that Lotus is only planning to offer a conventional manual with the Elise. With Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, and Lotus all ditching manuals, it seems it's officially dead.

Did I not say this would happen? Not that I agree or disagree with it, it's just a scenario of mild "told ya' so."
moe
I figured it was coming, but the last people on Earth I thought would jump on the automated manual bandwagon would be Lotus. Now the only major players in the performance car game that the manual faithful have left are Porsche and Corvette.
clarkma5
None of the above really, none of them really get my motor going. If I had to pick I guess it would be the Elan though.
infinity
I'll take the Espirt, please. 32v supercharged V8, 550bhp at only 110!

The Elite sounds like a good bargain, too - only 115!
moe
^ Heh, I copy and pasted those prices directly from CAR's website. I'll fix them now.
moe
Whoa, all the pictures got switched up, did someone do that or did Netcarshow just switch them up? Ah well.
dukenukem
Esprit is where its at!
OHirtenfelder
IMO they are all absolutely gorgeous. The Esprit gets my vote simply cause it has the coolest name!
UserDrew
QUOTE(moe @ Oct 4 2010, 07:04 AM) *

You'll always be able to jerk off manually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.