Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT5
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Aircooled
BORKED

The game looks kick ass. I've never owned a PlayStation myself but I've played some of previous GT games at friends houses. For god sakes at 0:56 theres a race between Buses and Schwimmwagens, what else could a man want?
Lancer007
This is gonna come out sooner and I don't feel like buying a ps3 for just one game.

http://i.autoblog.com/2010/09/17/video-cod...eek-at-f1-2010/
fiber optic
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Sep 19 2010, 08:34 PM) *
The game looks kick ass. I've never owned a PlayStation myself but I've played some of previous GT games at friends houses. For god sakes at 0:56 theres a race between Buses and Schwimmwagens, what else could a man want?

woot.gif I'll buy it just for some sweet old school aircooled racing.
Asher
QUOTE(Lancer007 @ Sep 19 2010, 09:55 PM) *
This is gonna come out sooner and I don't feel like buying a ps3 for just one game.

http://i.autoblog.com/2010/09/17/video-cod...eek-at-f1-2010/

Then buy them both for PS3. thumbs_up.gif
Lancer007
I've already got a 360, but that isn't a bad idea
Altostratus
your 360 is worth $20.
Razor
Le Mans at night? I'm buying a PS3.
fiber optic
There's also a shot at 34s of some split window bus racing in the snow.
b0mb3r
its one month away... really can this be true? :-)
Altostratus
sony wont allow anymore delays, any bugs left at release will be patched.
BlackJack
Shit a month away and I still don't have a PS3. Ah what the hell it can wait til Christmas. Gotta focus on the Jeep and the GF. biggrin.gif
bobo27
I won't shell out $60 for the F1 2010, but this GT5, wowza. I am even considering the Collectors edition and a G27 Wheel. Time to increase my hours at work...
speedyK
I've ordered a G27 for my new rig for GT5 (and, eventually for PC gaming too).

I have also bought a different wheel for the G27. 32 cm diameter for a more realistic driving experience.

I want my 3rd rig to be more flexible to add to the experience.

First rig with the Logitech Driving Force Pro was based on my Opel Speedster cabin. This will be sacrificed to make way for no. 3

Second rig with G25 was a 1:1 Lotus copy and will be kept.

No. 3 will be be modular, so that I can (eventually) swap wheel, seat, pedals and TV/monitor depending on the type of car being used and the game.

I need to work on the design first, but intend to start the build soon thumbs_up.gif
clarkma5
F1 2010 is $40 on steam for the PC...at least it was a couple days ago. Soooo much fun.
DB9
QUOTE(speedyK @ Sep 28 2010, 06:57 PM) *
I've ordered a G27 for my new rig for GT5 (and, eventually for PC gaming too).

I have also bought a different wheel for the G27. 32 cm diameter for a more realistic driving experience.

I want my 3rd rig to be more flexible to add to the experience.

First rig with the Logitech Driving Force Pro was based on my Opel Speedster cabin. This will be sacrificed to make way for no. 3

Second rig with G25 was a 1:1 Lotus copy and will be kept.

No. 3 will be be modular, so that I can (eventually) swap wheel, seat, pedals and TV/monitor depending on the type of car being used and the game.

I need to work on the design first, but intend to start the build soon thumbs_up.gif

pics
Cyclone
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 28 2010, 08:54 PM) *
F1 2010 is $40 on steam for the PC...at least it was a couple days ago. Soooo much fun.

I read that the AI doesn't really race you in that game so much as it just exists. Is this true?
fiber optic
Will we be able to settle our disputes like gentlemen in an online multiplayer race?
caster
I'm really looking forward to GT5, but realistic racing games are always really hard for me to get into because of the learning curve. For the sake of GT5 though I think I'm just going to have to tough it out...
clarkma5
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Sep 29 2010, 06:10 AM) *
I read that the AI doesn't really race you in that game so much as it just exists. Is this true?

Definitely not, they're easily the best AI I've ever seen in a racing game. They actually pull moves on you like real racing drivers do, defend their positions until the speed differential dictates a prudent release, know when you're on an in or out lap or when you're lapping them, and each driver has a unique personality...Kobayashi will more aggressively push for a pass, for instance, while Schumacher defends very aggressively. They will race you side-by-side through corners if you put your car there and not hit you and they're very good at evading spins and crashes in front of them.
Blue Devil
got my PS3 collecting dust right now... (playing GTA4 Lost and Dammed) So... when it comes out I will be hooked. smile.gif
e30_324d
find out everything and anything about PS2 & PS3 and GT4 & 5 on this awesome board: http://www.gtplanet.net thumbs_up.gif
speedyK
Very positive review of GT5 here – even though he left the settings on "standard" rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif :

GT5 hands-on review

Less than a month to go!
moe
Oh man, I was going to buy myself an iPad, but that's going to have to wait. I need GT5 with the steering wheel and everything now...
speedyK
November is reserved for GT5 thumbs_up.gif – and December may be too biggrin.gif

Started dismantling my over 5 year-old old PS2 / Logitech DFP "Speedster" cockpit today (at the back left in this pic)

That will make way for my third build - with the G27 and swappable wheels – still waiting for the old, wooden-rimmed Dino wheel and boss that I won in an internet auction before I design a quick wheel swap system. (I bought the almost new G25 in the pic above as a spare).

The "Lotus" G25 cockpit stays, but the new one will be more modular* to swap between seats, wheels (and perhaps pedals too if I go for the Fanatec stuff) according to what I'm "driving".

Apart from the Sparco seat from the first cockpit, I also got these cheap – same (very comfortable) seat as in my Peugeot 106 GTI (but that has black leather and alcantara and these have been professionally recovered – again in leather and alcantara)

I've got all the bits – just need to build it now – and quickly! dance.gif

*The "Lotus" cockpit is on wheels (I learned from the hard-to-move, wheel-less first cockpit) and parks in under the TV, which is on a separate "bridge". This means that I can swap cockpits by parking another one in place. The one not in use will park in the corner – though I may put a small TV here so that both cockpits can be used simultaneously.

The screen will be replaced soon by a 3D one for GT5, as this seems to offer a literally whole new dimension to gaming – and later I plan to do a triple monitor set-up for PC gaming.

(The beauty of this for me is that the whole lot costs me less than travelling to one track day and back: fuel, potential speeding tickets, hotel, restaurants, brake pads, discs, tyres, stone chips, general wear & tear – not to mention the depreciation due to the increased mileage and having "tracked" it (as my wife pointed out) – and that's if I don't blow the engine (as with the Exige) or am involved in a collision (no insurance and everyone pays for their own car's damage – no matter who was at fault freaked.gif )

Roll on November!
Flaw
drool3.gif
Aircooled
Cool, but it doesn't have shit on the e30 cockpit.

moe
Taste + resources + time = speedyk
speedyK
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Oct 5 2010, 07:00 AM) *
Cool, but it doesn't have shit on the e30 cockpit.

But the instrument panel is presumably non-functional there?

Though what disturbs me more are the stock pedals.

Here's a real E30, fitted with an M Sport dead pedal:

Not exactly the same, are they?

My G25 pedals after modding to Lotus Exige dimensions and positions

The real car

Though (WARNING! Going off topic now!) the most amazing cockpit I've seen on the net is the Spitfire one this guy built:

Spit build

If you didn't know, you'd think he's starting a real one – wait 'till the sound kicks in! eek.gif

Aircooled
Yeah pedals are a weak point, I wouldn't doubt it if real pedals were swapped in by now. But the cluster is funtional.

clarkma5
All ridiculously cool stuff, but I'll stick with a plain Driving Force GT. J&R has 'em for $129.99 minus a $30 rebate right now, just waiting for them to notify me when they're in stock. $99 for a brand new mid-range logitech is a good deal.
speedyK
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Oct 6 2010, 05:35 AM) *
the cluster is funtional.

notworthy.gif Amazed that he still had the stock pedals if he's capable of something so complicated as getting the instruments to work. You're probably right that he's changed it since then.
SwissWhiskey
Going to get a PS3 from the States with the current rate, and I got myself some old Logitech MOMO FF Wheel so I am all set. Last console I bought was a Gamecube.... though I've played Gt4 a lot. Can't wait.
clarkma5
The E30 cockpit is a cool piece of workmanship, but I can't help but feel that it's monumentally stupid the farther away you get from an E30 in the video game.

"WHHEEEE CHECK OUT MY FERRARI ENZO...with a 1980s BMW steering wheel and an upright sedan seating position with a cracked old seat..."
fiber optic
The beer coaster mounted to the wall is the pièce de résistance.
speedyK
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 6 2010, 09:58 PM) *
The E30 cockpit is a cool piece of workmanship, but I can't help but feel that it's monumentally stupid the farther away you get from an E30 in the video game.

Very true – and with the range of cars available in GT5 (from 1940s VW Type 82 Kübelwagen and 1968 Fiat 500 to 2007 Ferrari F1), it would be nice to be able configure the driving environment. That's my plan for my third cockpit build: different seats, wheels and different seat heights, wheel heights and angles and adjustable pedal positions. It is not easy to build from scratch, but I am currenrtly busy trying – hope I'll be ready for GT5, otherwise the Lotus/G25 cockpit will do for a start. I that they only have an Elise 111R, as in GT4 / GT HD / GT5 prologue, rather than an Exige – but that will do.

I'm particularly looking forward to the Pagani (great fun in NFS-Shift) thumbs_up.gif

List of GT5 cars here:

GT5 car list

moe
Oh look, my new car is on that list.
SwissWhiskey
M5, Delta, Stratos, Z4 M Coupe, 8C... Christmas is coming early this year. Though sad that nothing from Zuffenhause made it on the list.
Aircooled
QUOTE(speedyK @ Oct 7 2010, 06:44 AM) *
List of GT5 cars here:

GT5 car list

YES, NASCAR CAMRIES!
Razor
6 Camry NASCARs and a Prius but not Mk IV or Mk V or Mk VI Golf R? XBOX it is.
misnblu
I've been waiting for GT5 for years it seems.
I've had my PS3 for about a year now in anticipation of the game but geez, when was it ever to come out?
I'm also hoping that the AI in GT5 is better than the AI in ForzaIII. I have difficulty with them always wrecking into you and not being as realistic as it should be.
And ForzaIII is so much better than GT5 Prologue so I'm hoping that the actual GT5 game will be every bit of the wait.
GTPlanet.net is the only place for GT fans and I'm an original member there dating back to when the 'Planet was a MSN based discussion forum. biggrin.gif
It was a post on the 'Planet that led me to this place and so far I'm liking what I see. Great car enthusiasts to say the least.

I guess it's time to take out the Metal Gear 4 out of the PS3 in anticipation of the new GT5. wink.gif
fiber optic
Does the "Premium" note mean I need to pay more monies to get said cars kinda like a downloadable content?
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Oct 7 2010, 01:36 PM) *
Does the "Premium" note mean I need to pay more monies to get said cars kinda like a downloadable content?

Nope. Premium is just that the damage model will be much more realistic and the car has a detailed interior. Kazunori said that the premium cars are a view of things to come in GT6.
Altostratus
sorry, but whats forza?
clarkma5
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Oct 7 2010, 02:03 PM) *
sorry, but whats forza?

It's a game that was released a year ago...

Forza 3 was the standard for awhile, now it's GT5's turn. I suspect Forza 4 will take the crown once again when it comes out. It's just a back and forth.
fiber optic
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 7 2010, 04:21 PM) *
It's a game that was released a year ago...

Yep, you can actually go out, buy it, and play it.
Altostratus
Oh its that game that lets you rewind time and draw dicks on yr car, doesnt support logitech wheels, and has great cutscene graphics, but pisspoor gameplay. Sounds like they jumped the gun on development.
misnblu
It's actually a pretty fun game to play.
I really like the graphics and feel that's put into the cars and at the moment, enjoy it more than GT5 Prologue.
Once GT5 is out I'll probably forget all about the Forza game.
I can't wait. thumbs_up.gif
MustangAficionado
GT5:P feels like im steering from the trunk, i dunno if that makes sense. It feel off, if they change it i'd be pretty happy about GT5.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Oct 7 2010, 10:46 PM) *
GT5:P feels like im steering from the trunk, i dunno if that makes sense. It feel off, if they change it i'd be pretty happy about GT5.

After playing the time trial challenge demo on the psn network, I along with anyone else who played it can say the physics and steering feel are completely overhauled. Going back to prologue and playing, it almost felt like an entirely different game.
misnblu
So I know most have the wheels and pedal sets for their setups or so I've seen from this thread but for those of us that still use standard controllers, will we also benefit from the new found steering effects.
I guess I need to get this download time trial from psn and give it a whirl.
Since I've been unemployed for the last month I've really not had much for gaming so I need to get out of my doldrums and get back with life I guess.
Funny how you finally get the job you want and like making very good money and then you get laid off because the Government is cutting back jobs. 3 years of bliss killed in one day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.