Altostratus
so much win.

welcome my fellow canadian.gif canuck.
Razor
Hot damn.
MoroccanSpice
Thanks you guys!
Cyclone
Awesome. Sweet drifting and burnout photos are required.
MoroccanSpice
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Oct 18 2010, 09:05 AM) *
Awesome. Sweet drifting and burnout photos are required.

Hahaha I will try my best!
UserDrew
A Torino! Awesome, but I wouldn't do the starsky and hutch thing.

Speaking of Torino, my grandparents owned a '66ish Torino. They sold it off a long time ago but you can still see it, sort of, behind violet beauregard in willie wonka and the chocolate factory in the car lot while she is being interviewed.
Razor
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Oct 18 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Speaking of Torino, my grandparents owned a '66ish Torino. They sold it off a long time ago but you can still see it, sort of, behind violet beauregard in willie wonka and the chocolate factory in the car lot while she is being interviewed.

The exact one?!?
UserDrew
Actually, I just checked up on it. That isn't their car. They hard a Bluish colored one, not that beater brown color. I'm not sure how well you can see it now, but her dad hits it and says something about it being a fine car or something. I'm not sure anymore if you can actually see it. I should go back and see the film and maybe shoot my grandparents an email to get another account of it from them. And to continue hijacking this thread, my aunt is one of the school children learning about percentages. My mom's side of the family was living in Munich when the movie was in 1971.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Morrocanspice.

MoroccanSpice
No no, it's all good. The topic was Torino related lol
green73ta
Love it!
UserDrew
Does your mom think you can handle the power of the v8?

I was wrong about the model year also. It wasn't a '66. They had a '69.

moe
Haha, that is awesome.
misnblu
Welcome to the forums man and a fan of the Torino's.
I'm just not a fan of the Starsky and Hutch thing though.
So what's the history of you and the car? I'm always curious about the cars and their owners with the history behind the build.
Welcome again.
MoroccanSpice
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Oct 19 2010, 06:53 PM) *
Does your mom think you can handle the power of the v8?

I was wrong about the model year also. It wasn't a '66. They had a '69.

Hahaha, my mom always tells me to drive carefully and not to stunt.

QUOTE(misnblu @ Oct 20 2010, 05:08 PM) *
Welcome to the forums man and a fan of the Torino's.
I'm just not a fan of the Starsky and Hutch thing though.
So what's the history of you and the car? I'm always curious about the cars and their owners with the history behind the build.
Welcome again.

Thanks for the Welcome misnblu!

Every morning, I have a routine. Part of the routine is to check my e-mail, flickr, weather and classifieds. I was looking on kijiji in the classic cars section and saw Zebra 3 on the first page. I quickly e-mailed the seller and asked if he's had any offers on it and when I can come view it. Nobody had shown any interest and unfortunately, the car was about 2 hours south of where I live. He also informed me that this car is a clone, and that he had painted it himself in his garage, that explains the paint peeling sad.gif. So a friend of mine ( he's part owner of the car as well ) and I drove to have a look at it. The seller was at a car show so naturally, we met up with him, offered $7500 cash money, and that was that. We drove it home, and have been enjoying it ever since.

I really do wish this was one of those stories where it was a father son build, or I built it from the ground up. In the future, it will go through a rotisserie restoration, a couple performance mods (roush crate motor dance.gif ) and she will be tearing up the streets, fighting crime with Starsky behind the wheel, and Hutch riding shotgun!!!!! And of course, I'm buying my friend out so this Zebra can be Starsky's car, not Starsky and Hutch's car.
misnblu
Interesting story and a good one too.
It does sound like you've got a plan with the car so it's just a matter of time before you start to get your hands dirty and make it all your own.
I'm not sure if you're going to keep the S&H theme on the car but the car is in itself a nice find for restoration and improving upon.
One thing that I can remember about the old S&H show was that the car had an immense amount of body roll when going around corners. Of course back then it was a normal trait of the cars since they weren't exactly the best handling but with some of the more modern improvements that are available for the car, it can be a vast improvement to supplement that new crate motor that you plan on down the road.
A well balanced S&H would be a much sweeter ride. biggrin.gif

Enjoy the ride though as you've got a nice project at hand. Merry Christmas too and Happy New Year as well.
MoroccanSpice
QUOTE(misnblu @ Dec 25 2010, 03:28 PM) *
Interesting story and a good one too.
It does sound like you've got a plan with the car so it's just a matter of time before you start to get your hands dirty and make it all your own.
I'm not sure if you're going to keep the S&H theme on the car but the car is in itself a nice find for restoration and improving upon.
One thing that I can remember about the old S&H show was that the car had an immense amount of body roll when going around corners. Of course back then it was a normal trait of the cars since they weren't exactly the best handling but with some of the more modern improvements that are available for the car, it can be a vast improvement to supplement that new crate motor that you plan on down the road.
A well balanced S&H would be a much sweeter ride. biggrin.gif

Enjoy the ride though as you've got a nice project at hand. Merry Christmas too and Happy New Year as well.

Absolutely, it's a long road ahead. But it should prove to be a interesting one. I am going to keep the S&H paint scheme as I have grown accustomed to people yelling " Hey STARSKY" or "Where's Hutch". And the body roll is one of the downs of driving a boat, but thankfully there are products out there that can fix that! This project is going to take about 6 years I figure. Gotta have some time to save up for the engine, paint and all the other goodies DS_Naughty2.gif

Thanks for the comment by the way. Merry Christmas and all the best in 2011! Ciao
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.