Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need for speed nostalgia
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
dcho
long before the days need for speed catered to street thugs wearing XXXL-T's / was defiled by hiphop culture / skyline omg omg

infinity
Man, this takes me back....makes me realize how much time I spent (=wasted) playing NFS games thumbs_up.gif Too bad they had to eff up the NFS name after HP2
Vadvagool
Want to play NSF: Porsche Unleashed!
clarkma5
Porsche Unleashed is still oh so good...and I remember when the third one came out, those car models looked sweet man killer graphics they totally taxed my voodoo 2.
dcho
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 8 2010, 09:21 PM) *
Porsche Unleashed is still oh so good...and I remember when the third one came out, those car models looked sweet man killer graphics they totally taxed my voodoo 2.

voodoo 2 SLI!!!!!!!!
Vadvagool
Apparently the new NFS MMO is out...

I have a Mazdaspeed3 to start with :-D
Pez
Can't believe I've played them all but #1. I still occasionally play Hot Pursuit today cause it's fucking awesome.

CLK GTR & XJR15 heart.gif
Seethegrim
I played them all since NFS2. But I think the ones I totally enjoyed the most was the underground 1 & 2. I was going through my car modification & racing stage then, so it was right up my alley.
bobo27
The drag race of Underground series had me hooked, but the game was ughh. I enjoyed the hell out of the Porsche Unleashed. The game gave me Porsche knowledge!
Frederf
One of the cool things about PU was that you could drag all of the 2D dials and meters around on the UI to wherever you wanted.
Razor
QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Sep 9 2010, 08:14 PM) *
Apparently the new NFS MMO is out...

I have a Mazdaspeed3 to start with :-D

NFSW is pretty piss-poor. NOTHING works. It's laggy as shit and there's no one but Eastern Europeans on it. Never once has my chat console seen English. I will be uninstalling ASAP and reinstalling NFSMW with mods.
moe
Most Wanted probably had the best combination of everything the NFS world had offered. Exotics? You got it. High speed chases? Yep. Riced-out...well anything? Yes, those too.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Sep 12 2010, 04:38 PM) *
Most Wanted probably had the best combination of everything the NFS world had offered. Exotics? You got it. High speed chases? Yep. Riced-out...well anything? Yes, those too.

Carbon would have been good as an EXPANSION PACK to MW, but as a standalone it sucks balls.
Cyclone
I've been really nostalgic for the original Need for Speed games lately. I was playing NFS1 on the Saturn a few weeks ago and I picked up PS1 versions of NFS2 from ebay and NFS3 from Play n Trade the past week. I wish I could get Porsche Unleashed working on one of my comps. Everything is too damn new >:(

Too bad everything after Porsche Unleashed with the exception of Shift was complete fucking ricer fanboy garbage.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Sep 12 2010, 10:53 PM) *
Too bad everything after Porsche Unleashed with the exception of Shift was complete fucking ricer fanboy garbage.

Troof.
Cyclone
I dug up my Need for Speed 2 - 5 cds to install on this old as dirt laptop I have. My NFS3 disc is screwed, won't install at all. I did get NFS2SE to install and I got a glide wrapper working and it's so damn fun.

I swore I had NFS1SE floating around somewhere but I can't find it. These games were always kick ass on the PC, some were better than their console versions.
moe
Hahah, did anyone notice the nostalgia video had a pimped-out Lada Samara in High Stakes? That was awesome.
Von Z
Porsche Unleashed > All. I spent soooooooo many hours playing that damn game.
misnblu
I never liked any of them.
The graphics sucked and it was hard enough to see ahead to make the proper lines to get to where you were going.
I guess I played too much of the Grand Turismo series for me to really get into the NSF games.
It's funny how F&F influenced the game. biggrin.gif
Cyclone
QUOTE(misnblu @ Oct 12 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I never liked any of them.
The graphics sucked and it was hard enough to see ahead to make the proper lines to get to where you were going.
I guess I played too much of the Grand Turismo series for me to really get into the NSF games.
It's funny how F&F influenced the game. biggrin.gif

None of us really like the newer F&F inspired Need for Speed games. The ones we're talking about are from the early-late 90s. Porsche Unleashed came out in the early... 00s... and is probably one of the greatest racing games ever made.
misnblu
Yeah, I was noticing that in the youtube video how they changed over the years and became more f&F style with some venture into the drift in the next series.
I guess I'm also spoiled on all the new games because all the older games looked so archaic by today's standards.
Too bad I never had a chance to experience the older versions. blush.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.