Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The striptease begins
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
moe
Teaser images of a new Toyota, are akin to Clarkma doing a striptease for us...only Diesel would get excited. Teaser images of a new Lambo...that's like Bar Refaeli showing up at your house, and doing a very, very slow striptease, painful but so worth it. Well the first of the Jota images are out:

OHirtenfelder
So far, I like what I see.
UserDrew
Jota? Really?
moe
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Sep 7 2010, 12:11 PM) *
Jota? Really?

It's a hallowed name in the history of Lambos. Look it up if you don't already know.
UserDrew
I don't so why don't you indulge me?

Jota is the 11th letter in the spanish alphate. Joto is mexican spanish slang tem for a homosexual.
Razor
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Sep 7 2010, 08:29 PM) *
A Joto is mexican spanish slang for a homosexual.

thumbs_up.gif
moe
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Sep 8 2010, 04:29 AM) *
I don't so why don't you indulge me?

Here you go.
UserDrew
oh.gif Funny.
Synesthesia
So this will be the Murcielago replacement? That picture isn't getting me very excited... tongue.gif
moe

Asher
Thats beautiful.
Synesthesia
Okay getting better. V10... interesting.
clarkma5
I sense twin-turbo V10 with direct injection coming along...probably will get 30% better mileage than a Murcielago and hit the power levels Lambo needs to separate this from the Gallardo.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 14 2010, 09:12 PM) *
I sense twin-turbo V10 with direct injection coming along...probably will get 30% better mileage than a Murcielago and hit the power levels Lambo needs to separate this from the Gallardo.

If it looks better than a LP560-4 then I'll kill a puppy to get my hands on one.
moe
Razor
This looks absolutely berserk.
moe
Booooooooo! thumbs_down.gif
moe
moe
zeroSignal

Not sure how this leaked out, but apparently it's the Sesto Elemento (Sixth Element) concept. The first preview image certainly looks like the front cover & the wipers.

http://jalopnik.com/5650213/
Razor
That looks absolutely terrible. Like, Need For Speed terrible. Holy shit.
DB9
I'm not seeing any need for speed in there. I just think it looks like every other lamborghini + some new vents.
OHirtenfelder
I'm not seeing any need for speed in there. I just think it looks like every other lamborghini + some new vents.

+1

Although I'm sure that everyone on here will be oohhing and aaahhhing when the real images and specs are released in future.
clarkma5
It's kinda weird to call something that looks like that an example of "conservative design" but from Lamborghini, it appears to be just that.

Then again, look at how the base Gallardo/Murcielago versions look compared to their facelifted and SV brethren. This is just the starting point.
DB9
Yea, I mean its definitely not a bad looking car, its just something we've seen already. Nevertheless, I look forward to the hi rez. nerd.gif
moe
It weighs 999kg. Lambo's built a Lotus. I love it, but this IS just a concept.
OHirtenfelder
Holy Shit! I didn't even read that! 999kg! That is pretty awesome.
moe
Final teaser, just in case the Jalopnik image isn't the real deal.

Diesel
bigger pic!

SwissWhiskey
The back needs some getting used to...

But power to weigh ratio, and weight all alone compensates for the rear.
clarkma5
All issues are forgiven considering the 2200 pound curb weight! http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2...o-revealed.html

I was expecting a big bruiser in the Murcielago mold, with the DI TT V10 replacing the V12, but this is a much more intelligent supercar.
Diesel

moe
That is beyond ridiculous. Even for Lambo. Shame it's just a concept.
Tony Two Shoes
Reventon 2.0...

Meh.

I'm sure it will be a bat shit crazy drive, but the appearance and styling execution is bleh.
TW0R
Batmans got a new ride!
OHirtenfelder
That interior is pretty sick.gif
Seethegrim
Here I feel like the only one who actually likes this stuff.

To me... its fucking hot. The revention already made me want to go hump a fighter jet & see if I came out with something that looked similar. This is just... 'more'.

I personally love the unusual. The normal is boring as hell & is for the masses.
Razor
I have to see this in actual press photos, but I'm going with bleh.gif until then.
DB9
Better than expected. I'm with seagram. I kind of like the "out there" look.
Bjorn
Not impressed.

I fell in love with the sensible Lamborghini under Audi. This strikes me as outrageous for outrageousness sake.
Razor
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Sep 30 2010, 12:33 PM) *
Not impressed.

I fell in love with the sensible Lamborghini under Audi. This strikes me as outrageous for outrageousness sake.

Yuh-huh.
Synesthesia
The Reventon looks over the top in an awesome way. This looks freakin tacky. And those are lousy renderings. (the whole car ones)
Carnut
beautiful car, i percive i saw one a few months back, but couldnt tell for sure as it was night time. Though it did have a similar wing
moe
^ No you didn't, because...

Word is Lamborghini will produce about a dozen of the sub 1000Kg, 570hp Stealth fighter looking cars at a cool Eu 2,500,000 each. $3,440,000 at today's rate. Blondes not included but likely.

Meanwhile images of the Gallardo replacement should surface very soon as "special clients" have been invited to Sant'Agata for a preview today.
end of post

Axis of Oversteer

I want one, so bad drool3.gif
Synesthesia
Meh, it won't be good enough for that price point.
BadBoi
2.5 million Euros just sounds way too ridiculous. But then again, any Lamborghini price point would have been equally unaffordable for me!
pervert
Bam, production on!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/ar...jectid=10751775

"It's almost getting beyond supercar territory, throwing 425kW (570hp) at a chassis weighing 999kg - meaning a 0-100km/h sprint of just 2.5 seconds."

At last another bonkers Lambo smile.gif
moe
^ Here's the problem I see with this one. It's not going to be street legal, which makes it less bonkers IMO. Btw, apparently Lambo will be showing off a third production model to complement the Gallardo and Aventador. The smart money is on it being a production version of the Estoque or an SUV. I hope to god it's not another lifestyle SUV. I'm sick to my stomach after seeing the Maserati Kubang. If it's a hardcore, follow-up to the LM002 I'm all for it.
Synesthesia
^And they're only making 20 so it's REALLY not too exciting. A follow-up to the LM002 would be siiiick but I'm having a hard time imagining that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.