Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Megathread for All Videogame Discussion
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Von Z
What do you play? How often?

I'm on the 360, and I play various games such as Modern Warfare 2, NBA 2k10, Forza 3, The Orange Box, and more. I play pretty often but split most of my time nowadays between MW2 and F3.

As a side note, here's a cover I made for MW2 that you can print and replace the original with, heh. A few members from another forum I frequent started this project of creating custom covers for classic and/or popular games.

canadian.gif
moe
Last game I played was Red Dead Redemption, but didn't manage to finish it before my roommate's 360 RROD'd on me.

I'm waiting for GT5 right now, though to be honest, I think I've lost interest in video games otherwise. It's kind of sad.
Bjorn
I had gotten so sick of trying to keep my PC up to date for the latest games that I quit around the time BF2 came out. I'm hoping that Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will run on my MBP, otherwise I might just have to buy a PC.

I got a 360 about a year ago and have loved being able to buy new games without worrying about them running on my system. I used to think that the $300 cost of entry to the console market was steep, but given the longevity of modern systems, and the shear number of games, I now think it's well worth it.

Right now I am playing:
-Forza 3 (playing in the R2 season currently)
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Ghost Recon: AWF2
-Mass Effect 2 (Played through the 'on-disc' game in a couple weeks, now I'm slowly playing through the free DLC)

I want to get:
-Red Dead Redemption
-Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Games I loved:
-Rainbow Six Vegas
-Mass Effect
-Fallout 3
-Star Wars: the Force Unleashed
-Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Games that were disappointments:
-CoD4: MW2 (single player [not a fan of multiplayer] campaign was a huge disappointment)
-Resident Evil 5 (couldn't get into the story . . . might be because this is the first RE game I have played since the original)
Von Z
We also have a thread where we create arty jewel case cover for games in the vein of album covers, and these are some of my contributions:

smile.gif
dukenukem
I look down upon you console playing peasants.
John Potts
recently I've been playing alot of Just Cause 2, Forza 3 and CODMW2. I'll throw in bioshock 1 or 2 occasionally. Really thats my entire console collection. Kinda sad actually
Razor
You do know the Forza 3 menu music was released in an album that has track names, right?
Von Z
Yea, they're just silly/joke covers.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Sep 6 2010, 02:17 PM) *
RROD'd.

Mine did three days before leaving for school. Yay!
Vadvagool

and

Aircooled
Lately I have been playing Grid, TF2, BFBC2, and COH. MW2 was just such a great disappointment to PC gaming in several way I never bought it, which is a first since I bought the 5 cod titles previous to it. I'm currently looking forward to Black Ops though.
Lancer007
Mostly just Modern Warfare 2 and Forza 3. I o the online thing with MW2 quite a bit. I'm not a huge gamer but I enjoy those two.
BlackJack
Mostly MW2 online. Sometimes I'll play GTA4 or Starcraft2. Otherwise I'm too busy to play. I'm a PC gamer btw.
DB9
360: MW2, Mass Effect 2, F3... thats about it. I have others but I don't play them that much. Played Fifa during world cup though haha.

PC: Since my new laptop I'm actually able to run games now... I play TF2, CSS, and Starcraft. Though I suck balls at starcraft. Some guys in my hall play so I'm trying to get them to teach me.
caster
I haven't played PS3 in a while but when I played I was playing FF13 and MW2. I've been playing Diablo 2: LOD lately lol. I know its an OLD ass game and it was literally like 7 years since I use to play but my friend got me back into it and I've been hooked since like April... smile.gif
moe
Speaking of video games, look at what's no longer vaporware.
Von Z
Yea, I'm excited for its release but it's still probably going to suck.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Sep 6 2010, 02:37 PM) *
I look down upon you console playing peasants.

PC master race derp derp.
MustangAficionado
I play both PC and console games, but console games are like masturbating with your left hand. It gets the job done, but it'll never quite be at "that" level.
caster
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 7 2010, 07:24 PM) *
I play both PC and console games, but console games are like masturbating with your left hand. It gets the job done, but it'll never quite be at "that" level.

While I agree that mouse+keyboard is the best combo for first and third person shooters, I love the ease of use a console. I love being able to just turn on my PS3, put in my game, kick back on my bed, and play games in 1080P on my 46" tv. I don't have to worry about my FPS being above X and dipping when [event] happens, which then turns into having to want/need a better card or overclocking, which then leads to a new heatsink, and then...well you get it...
Pez
Has anyone here played the F1 game for Wii? It's the hardest racing game I've played by faaaaaar.

Also can't wait for the PC version coming out in 2 weeks.
bobo27
I got a PS3 but its been hard for me to get into other games apart from FIFA10. I just sold it actually, so I want to get a game to really get into, and it has come down to Killzone 2 or Infamous, what do you guys recommend, between those two.
Bjorn
^I have heard that Infamous gets really repetitive.

I think I remember Moe taling about playing it though, so he can probably confirm or deny this.
moe
Infamous is one of the very best games I've played on the PS3. The action is similar throughout, but a great storyline, plenty of decision-making, and the constant addition of new abilities keep it fresh. It's far less repetitive than the Assassin's Creed series (after I reach a certain point in those games, I only really keep playing for the great story.)
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(caster @ Sep 8 2010, 10:35 AM) *
While I agree that mouse+keyboard is the best combo for first and third person shooters, I love the ease of use a console. I love being able to just turn on my PS3, put in my game, kick back on my bed, and play games in 1080P on my 46" tv. I don't have to worry about my FPS being above X and dipping when [event] happens, which then turns into having to want/need a better card or overclocking, which then leads to a new heatsink, and then...well you get it...

PC is best for strategy games as well. I love console, like LOVE, for racing. But I cant get myself consistently playing any other type of game on console besides Rock Band when friends are over and drinking.
And very few people have to worry about cooling and overclocking, and the only reason you'd need to do that anyways is because computer graphics have so much more capability than a simple console computer.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(bobo27 @ Sep 11 2010, 02:24 AM) *
I got a PS3 but its been hard for me to get into other games apart from FIFA10. I just sold it actually, so I want to get a game to really get into, and it has come down to Killzone 2 or Infamous, what do you guys recommend, between those two.

Killzone 2 definitely.
Cyclone
http://www.cyclonesworld.net/collection/

Most of those games... mostly.

Working on Mass Effect 2 and Starcraft 2 lately.
Altostratus
Here’s a quick overview of what’s been discussed in the TGS 2010 GT5 breakout session:

* Laguna Seca has been completely rebuilt and will return for GT5. Trial Mountain has also been confirmed.
* “Gran Turismo Anywhere” will allow you to manage B-Spec races, right from your computer. You’ll be able to hold B-Spec races with your friends from anywhere in what are called “Remote Races”.
* GT5 will feature a series of special events such as the Karting Experience, the AMG driving school, The Stig Challenge, Jeff Gordon NASCAR School, Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge, and Gran Turismo Rally.
* Point-to-point rally stages will be automatically and randomly generated – you’ll have to depend on your co-driver to give you the best instructions about the road ahead.
* Rally mode can be played either on or offline.
* Weather changes include temperature differences, air pressure changes, and humidity, affecting the surface conditions of the track dynamically.
* Weather conditions are randomized. Forecasts for your race will be available but may not be entirely accurate, just like the real world.

* Polyphony Digital has helped Red Bull Racing’s Adrian Newey design the X1 Concept – an “ultimate” racing car, free of any technical regulations.
* Polyphony Digital has worked to improve engine sounds.
* Yamauchi admits that, in certain situations – such as standing race starts in the rain with 15 other cars on the screen kicking up spray in front of you – the game may not be able to hold 60FPS. Otherwise, it will strive to hold 60FPS as often as possible.
* The Volkswagen Kubelwagen, which has a drive system like the first beetle, and the amphibious Volkswagen Schwimmwagen will be in the game.
* Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.
bankE46
* Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

Nice, that will make a nice retirement gift for myself!

But seriously, I'm definitely getting a PS3 for GT5. It just so happens that the release date is the day after my birthday which is pretty convenient. smile.gif I look forward to all the community stuff that we can get going on there.
Razor
My 360 red-ringed before I left for school... Should I sell all my games and accessories and buy a PS3 for GT5?
Altostratus
If you like racing you would
Razor
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Sep 16 2010, 03:43 PM) *
If you like racing you would

Mhm... thing is, I also like playing other games.
Altostratus
aren't 360's like 50 bucks nowadays?

GT5 UPDATE

Racing modification from GT2 is back (!!!)
Engine overhauls?
painting your cars
painting wheels
BORKED
moe
GT5 will also have something called the prototype X1. Apparently it's been designed by Adrian Newey, and would be the car he'd design if there were no technical regulation in racing. That should be interesting.
BlackJack
From the recent video, I might just have to buy the PS3 for GT5 biggrin.gif
Altostratus
hate to turn people to the dark side and all but.....WE NEED A VIRTUAL RACE TEAM
Halflifehavock13
http://www.gtplanet.net/33-of-people-waiti...ont-have-a-ps3/

PS3 hasnogaemsuntil nov 2nd.
Von Z
Reach is AMAZING. That is all.
caster
Anyone getting Playstation Move? I'm between getting one or a Wii, not sure..
moe
I've been thinking about it, but will wait till there are more games available.
Cyclone
QUOTE(caster @ Sep 22 2010, 01:37 AM) *
Anyone getting Playstation Move? I'm between getting one or a Wii, not sure..

Get a Wii. The move is just a blatant rip off that looks 100% more like a sex toy than the Wiimote.
bobo27
I thought about the move and wii, but I think I am all wii'd out honestly. It was cool for a while. I'd wait till the move picks up more steam and gets other games that are exclusive to it, hopefully sony realizes that they should not copy what the wii has done and instead develop exclusives for this add on. I heard Heavy Rain with the move is two thumbs up. Imagine God Of War or Infamous.

bobo27
Anyone try the F1 2010?

Im playing it for the pc at the moment, its kinda cool, but can't justify the asking price for it at the moment. I really want Gran Turismo 5 and a G25/G27, and maybe I'd add this laterz.
DB9
Me and my roommate just started to pick up some older games recently. Just started oblivion again biggrin.gif
moe
If it weren't for GT5, I would've sold my PS3 by now. I don't get the time to play anymore, and even when I do, I'd rather do something else.
clarkma5
My friend bought F1 2010, it's really excellent. I bought it myself and will be installing it later this evening smile.gif

Still have Starcraft II on the side too, though I haven't played it in a week now.
clarkma5
Oh yeah, I have F1 2010 now and it's so ridiculous addicting. Where did the last several hours go?

I'm going to have to try it on expert though because I'm beating everyone with the Virgin on hard. Though it took some effort and practice to get to that point for sure, it is not the game of a moment. Great fun though!
Cyclone
QUOTE(moe @ Sep 26 2010, 01:41 PM) *
If it weren't for GT5, I would've sold my PS3 by now. I don't get the time to play anymore, and even when I do, I'd rather do something else.

GT5 is the only reason I have my PS3 at this point. I rarely play games on it anymore and anything else i want to do with it, Sony makes sure that I can't. I play more PSX games on it than PS3 which is sad...
caster
I think I'm going to buy a Wii on friday. I think it'd be good to help my parents out when they're bored. My dad was a huge fan of the old marios but for some reason he never got into Super Mario 64 with me. My parents will probably love the Wii Sports games and stuff. I could also play with them so its a good way to spend some quality time. I've been getting tired of D2 and any other games so the Wii will be a nice change of pace smile.gif
Aircooled
Just this past weekend I bought minecraft. I;ve probably logged 15 hours so far. It is the most addicting game I have every played.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.