Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leif's new ride
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Bjorn
So I know it's not really new, but I haven't posted it here yet.

My 2009 Legacy wagon, bought new in June of 2009.

In dirty glory at a campsite in central Manitoba.

24,000km since new and not a thing has gone wrong.

I was worried that I would get bored of the automatic (the wife won't drive manual, and I wanted a car we could both drive) but sport mode with manual override has kept me happy, though I still miss having a clutch pedal.

The symmetrical AWD kicked ass last winter, but I kinda miss the constant 50/50 split my 2001 had. In the old car I could get away with the odd Scandinavian flick at 2 a.m. and a bit of sideways action on gravel roads. Now the computer takes over and cancels the slide by powering the grippy wheels. What I wouldn't give for an "off" button.

Over all it's been a great car, I'm super disappointed that it is the last of it's kind, since (In NA at least) the '10+ Legacy is a sedan only and the Outback has more in common with the third-gen Forrester than my car. When it comes time to replace this car(not gonna happen for a long time), I don't know where I will turn.
Asher
Never wash it.
Synesthesia
Nice! Yeah, I can't agree the Subaru wagon is not really going to exist anymore. Downsize to an Impreza when the time comes! smile.gif
Cyclone
Awesome. Does it do the full gauge sweep? I require a video.
Bjorn
I would have gone with the impreza 5 door were it not or the fact that it would get really cramped on road trips. As it stands we need the roof box since the dog has to go in the back.

It does indeed do the gauge sweep.

Maybe I'll try something creative in leau of the video.
fiber optic
Is this your DD? Don't you also have a Yaris? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
Bjorn
The Yaris technically belongs to the wife, and we try our best to use it as our DD, and this one as our backup, since the Yaris is so fuel efficient.

Doesn't really end up working out that way though.

Legacy 1.25 years - 24,000 km
Yaris 4.75 years - 54,000 km

Although a large chunk of that 24,000 kms is from road trips, since the Yaris is too small to go anywhere further than the cottage.
dukenukem
Did you upgrade your sways?
Bjorn
no, no modifications thus far. Frankly, for the kind of driving I do, I don't notice excessive body roll.
Altostratus
i reccomend the shifter bushings from here
Bjorn
^Automatic, tragically.
Altostratus
sad.gif
Bjorn
Yep, wife doesn't want to drive stick, and she paid for half of the car . . . I would have preferred a clutch pedal, but it's also very nice having two cars we can both drive.

When we move into a bigger place which has room for a third car I'll get something just for me: two seats, three pedals . . . roof optional. For now though, the Legacy is fun enough.
b0mb3r
i find that frustrating that wifes don't want to drive manuals...i guess i am lucky because mine was willing to learn :-)
dukenukem
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Sep 3 2010, 09:55 AM) *
Yep, wife doesn't want to drive stick, and she paid for half of the car . . . I would have preferred a clutch pedal, but it's also very nice having two cars we can both drive.

When we move into a bigger place which has room for a third car I'll get something just for me: two seats, three pedals . . . roof optional. For now though, the Legacy is fun enough.

Teach her the right way with your pimp hand.
Bjorn
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Sep 3 2010, 12:31 PM) *
i find that frustrating that wifes don't want to drive manuals...i guess i am lucky because mine was willing to learn :-)

Ya, Jen tried to learn, and she was pretty OK, but at stoplights, when someone was behind her, she would get nervous and stall. Finally she was like "nope, I don't care."
b0mb3r
lol we had the same problem, except she would say "people are so mean and impatient" :-)
DB9
Yea, well my girlfriend gets sick in manual cars, like literally she will throw up. And theres nothing around that dry.gif
Vadvagool
QUOTE(DB9 @ Sep 3 2010, 07:35 PM) *
Yea, well my girlfriend gets sick in manual cars, like literally she will throw up. And theres nothing around that dry.gif

A new girlfriend?
Aircooled
QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Sep 3 2010, 11:19 PM) *
A new girlfriend?

I second this idea
DaGonz
Leif... one of the guys I work with at my per diem gig at the ambulance has one just like yours... he loves it. He too laments the loss of the wagon version.

It's actually a blessing in disguise! canadian.gif
moe
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Sep 2 2010, 08:46 PM) *
When it comes time to replace this car(not gonna happen for a long time), I don't know where I will turn.

Cadillac may have something for you. DS_Naughty2.gif
Bjorn
Ya, I have seen a few CTS wagons running around, and I kinda like them.

I have also yearned for a Volvo XC70 for quite some time now. Maybe — if I'm a bit more of an established journalist, making real money — I'll be able to afford one when the Legacy needs to be replaced.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Sep 4 2010, 11:27 AM) *
Ya, I have seen a few CTS wagons running around, and I kinda like them.

I have also yearned for a Volvo XC70 for quite some time now. Maybe if I'm a bit more of an established journalist, making real money I'll be able to afford one when the Legacy needs to be replaced.

If you really like wagons then my favorite family wagon is still the Volvo V70. Supremely comfortable and good to drive.
Bjorn
^not sold in AWD trim in Canada, from what I have seen. I might be wrong though.
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Sep 4 2010, 01:00 PM) *
If you really like wagons then my favorite family wagon is still the Volvo V70. Supremely comfortable and good to drive.

V70R is third on my list of best wagons of all time... I see so many of them as well. Too bad they're unreliable as shit, else I would have one.
Cyclone
QUOTE(DB9 @ Sep 3 2010, 10:35 PM) *

Sounds like someone sucks at driving a stick.
b0mb3r
99 problems but the bitch aint one
If you're havin' girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
Hit me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.