Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: making of - Mercedes campaign
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Technique & Tutorials
M-B
Found some short videos about the making of from a Mercedes campaign.
Sorry that it is only in german, but i think you can see a lot about that work.

I think about it for me to buy the complete videos.
Mercedes 1
Mercedes 2
Matt_L
Wow, good stuff! Thanks for the link, I will defenately watch even if I won't understand anything!
mcdronkz
Das ist ja doch mega hammer geil! Luckily, I understand a bit of German.

Is it just me, or is that a sick Photoshop file? Soooo many layers, adjustments and other amazing stuff that really makes the image. Truly inspirational.

I see that I have much to learn about postprocessing canadian.gif

By the way, it's interesting to see that they do all the color correction stuff in Photoshop, and they use Bridge to manage the photo's instead of doing both in Lightroom. Seems like you have much larger control using Photoshop.

Are there any of you that only use Lightroom as a photo library managing tool, and do all the editing stuff in Photoshop?
Nike SB'd
QUOTE(mcdronkz @ Aug 24 2010, 02:05 PM) *
Das ist ja doch mega hammer geil! Luckily, I understand a bit of German.

Is it just me, or is that a sick Photoshop file? Soooo many layers, adjustments and other amazing stuff that really makes the image. Truly inspirational.

I see that I have much to learn about postprocessing canadian.gif

By the way, it's interesting to see that they do all the color correction stuff in Photoshop, and they use Bridge to manage the photo's instead of doing both in Lightroom. Seems like you have much larger control using Photoshop.

Are there any of you that only use Lightroom as a photo library managing tool, and do all the editing stuff in Photoshop?

Looks pretty similar to my files from the last two or so years. And ya I pretty much just use lightroom as a library... I will very rarely make some adjustments in LR but I typically do everything in PS.
JustinCesler
I agree with Sean, those files look similar to 99% of the PSDs on my desktop. I love layers!
Seethegrim
Holy crap. If he has 200 layers going on there, thats 198 more than I ever do! Fuuuuk.
This makes me realise how far I am from ANYWHERE!
Martin
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Aug 25 2010, 08:22 AM) *
Holy crap. If he has 200 layers going on there, thats 198 more than I ever do! Fuuuuk.
This makes me realise how far I am from ANYWHERE!

Aren't you working with adjustment layers?
Seethegrim
QUOTE(Martin @ Aug 25 2010, 08:28 AM) *
Aren't you working with adjustment layers?

Yeah I do... but nowhere near that amount! I don't have the time to apply such micro adjustments with a billion layers. The down side to what pays my bills is the stuff that I have to shoot & process in a couple days. If I had 1 or 2 shoots a month that payed all my bills, then sure.

If these tutorials were in english, I would buy them in a heartbeat!
Mr.D
Looks like the videos i did from my lambo showroom pics. Mine are free but terrible audio smile.gif
This guy is so much better than I ever will be sad.gif
MichaelKalbo
wow thats nuts. I guess I really need to learn photoshop. I guess LR isn't enough. haha.
Blue Devil
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Aug 25 2010, 02:57 AM) *
Yeah I do... but nowhere near that amount! I don't have the time to apply such micro adjustments with a billion layers. The down side to what pays my bills is the stuff that I have to shoot & process in a couple days. If I had 1 or 2 shoots a month that payed all my bills, then sure.

If these tutorials were in english, I would buy them in a heartbeat!

they need to translate the damn video... it's near liquid gold for some of us. smile.gif
brasher
wtf how do I view the vid, Im not German lol cant read it.
M-B
Here are the direkt links to the videos.

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Video 1
Video 2

Maybe next week I can take time to try a translation of the videos.
Hope my english is good enough and you understand it.
n1smo
They are well worth the money.

Luckily im german^^
Saw them a while ago.

If you are short on money you can just buy the e-class vid, nothing really new in the slk one.

I bet some of you will be suprised when watching the videos, because there is no magic behind the editing you learn there.

It comes down to a LOT of detailed work.
You basicly choose the best lit parts (~10-20 pics) from the whole shoot (~50-100 pics) and stitch them together.

I doubt anybody here is payed well enough to spend so much time on shooting, lightning and editing. (Anybody want to do a whole set of pictures? wink.gif )
But its still worth the watch, guess anybody can learn a thing or too.
M-B
Ok, here is my try to translate something from the video. smile.gif

What he is telling is realy boring.
In the videos of no 1, he is telling that they do much fotos with different setups.
So they get one for the rear bumper, one for the ground, one for the side, for the sky and so one.
They export the pics from bridge to PS. So the pics are automaticaly 100% congruent.
They put every thing on an owen layer. You can see it with the backroundlights. Every spot get an own layer.
Not destructive work.

He talk about that this PS-data developed in several weeks or month.
In the process they test some colourarangement and test many other things which can cancel each other in the following process.
They have curves in which they switch the magenta to -2%, or cyan to +1%. He say that this isnīt important for the pic on the monitor, but if they print it, it could be important.
Than he works a lot with masks.
Somtimes he have the impression that every pixel is one an own layer.
For the ground he say that he put some asphalt in the shadows to separate the car from it and direkt the fokus on the car.
He build with some curves the spot on the ground.
They do some corrections for the gap dimensions. In this tutorial, they get the order from mercedes when they were almost done.
In the regular pp, they di this before they do the colourarangement.

He said that they do some pics for the highlights. They could tempt that in the pp with PS, but the real pics are much better for this.

Well, no realy interessting things.
In the videos of no 2 he talked about nearly the same as in this videos.

And do you find some misstakes in this text, you can get it for free. DS_xP.gif
Hope you understand what iīve wrote.
Seethegrim
^^

Thanks for that. Wish google translater worked with video sometimes too. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.