Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starcraft 2
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Vadvagool
Anyone here play it? I picked it up at midnight and I think its amazing.

Post your Online IDs if you want. I'm Vadvagool Code: 762
Razor
Yet to pick it up but peer pressure at work is increasing...
Vadvagool
Out of the 12 people at my work, 6 already have SC2...so worth it.
MustangAficionado
I pre-ordered it over a year ago, and now have no means of figuring out WTH happened to that situation.
Vadvagool
Most pre-orders get canceled in 90 days?
DB9
Heres my question: would a person not necessarily into strategy games enjoy it? I played games like Battle for Middle Earth years ago, but never really stuck with them for long. I played Age of Empires/Mythology almost religiously though lol.
Vadvagool
If you liked the first Starcraft you'll like this. Even if you don't like the strategy portion, just the custom multiplayer games (turret defenses, hero games, etc.) are still really fun and can take up a few hundred hours of game time.
BlackJack
^ I concur. I remember playing the first Starcraft bundle like everyday after high school. Fun shit.

I got this 2nd one as well and I do like it a lot actually.

My character code is 677 and name is SHIFTman if anybody wants to add me.
Seethegrim
Can't wait to get my grubby paws on this. I was a huge StarCraft fan back in the day.
bankE46
I'm not sure how to invite people, but the email i registered with is bankievr6@gmail.com. My char name is Deckard and the code is 402. I play a lot of 2v2 and 3v3 with my roommates, so challenge us any time!
Flaw
This game is too good.

/edit: Just beat the campaign and loved every minute of it. Gonna do it on Hard next to get as many achievements as possible.
DB9
So I broke down and bought the game. Its installing now. I loved age of mythology, which was similar in that there were three seperate race's/teams, and that the campaign was not just a straight up battle (there were separate challenges other than killing the other team). So I'm kind of hoping its similar. Plus, I wanted to test out my laptop on something other than CS:S which easily runs like 200 fps on max settings lol. We'll see though! Storyline seems good so far...
Pez
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Aug 3 2010, 06:07 AM) *
I play a lot of 2v2 and 3v3 with my roommates, so challenge us any time!

I accept that challenge!

Character code: 900
Name: Marek

Who here actually plays ladder?
bankE46
QUOTE(Pez @ Aug 10 2010, 11:14 PM) *
I accept that challenge!

Character code: 900
Name: Marek

Who here actually plays ladder?

We play ladder.. right now we're #1 in 3v3 silver league. I'm not sure how regional the leagues are, so I can't say for sure how good that really is.
DB9
Yeaa... I'm pretty fuckin terrible at this game haha. Anyone have any tips for a newbie? (I'm talking like multiplayer tips/strat) cry.gif
911xx
Get ressources quick.
Expand.
Get Void Rays.
Profit.
Vadvagool
8 Drones
Spawning Pool
Zergling Rush
Profit
Flaw
Watch YouTube vids of diamond league matches, learn the lingo and you'll be set.
Pez
QUOTE(bankE46 @ Aug 11 2010, 06:42 AM) *
We play ladder.. right now we're #1 in 3v3 silver league. I'm not sure how regional the leagues are, so I can't say for sure how good that really is.

I'm about 3 wins from getting into the diamond league in 2's with my mate. Near the top of platinum atm.

Pretty easy when you've been the top Aussie War3 2v2 team for a while now.

/brag
bankE46
Void rays are sick, but marine rush backed with zealots shut those down pretty fast. We tend to rock the interracial 3some. And by that I mean coordinated rush with all 3 races tongue.gif If you can turtle hard, repel the rush and tech fast to acquire 8+ void rays, you can do some serious damage. Gotta anticipate getting reaped tho.
Razor
The previous post is the reason I absolutely cannot buy this game right before sophomore year starts. tongue.gif
Vadvagool
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 12 2010, 07:41 AM) *
The previous post is the reason I absolutely cannot buy this game right before sophomore year starts. tongue.gif

I bought it before my Jr. year of Mechanical Engineering.

Also, I fucking hate void rays (I play Zerg).
bankE46
QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Aug 12 2010, 08:58 PM) *
I bought it before my Jr. year of Mechanical Engineering.

Also, I fucking hate void rays (I play Zerg).

Ah yea I feel your pain. Muteys are the worst too.. really good for nothing. Although zerg have some pretty fierce AA.
Vadvagool
Yeah the anti-air is good. Its just a matter of teching up to hydras before they can cheese with like 3 void rays.
911xx
I win all my games, drunk.
bankE46
QUOTE(911xx @ Aug 13 2010, 04:44 PM) *
I win all my games, drunk.

I can't say that I win all my games, but I certainly play them all drunk. thumbs_up.gif
911xx
I drunk all my games, win.
caster
Have they made fastest money maps yet for SC2? I use to play the original SC but only the fastest money map games =]
bankE46
QUOTE(caster @ Aug 18 2010, 01:51 PM) *
Have they made fastest money maps yet for SC2? I use to play the original SC but only the fastest money map games =]

Big Game Hunters? tongue.gif Well there are plenty of maps with "rich minerals" that are mined faster and yield higher amounts per harvest.
caster
Its not really BGH, but something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jbu6KCylQo

They have UMS (User Map Settings) right, by any chance do you know if SC2 has HGM defense? (I thinks that what it was, Hydra-Ghost-Marine defense, it was really popular in SC1)...
bankE46
Wow, never seen anything like that. There is a map editor though, so I'm sure you could recreate it pretty easily if you wanted to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.