Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Honda Civic EK Hatch
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
spphoto.dk
Just bought this car about 2 hours ago. It's a nice upgrade from my 1990 Toyota Carina biggrin.gif

Not much to say... I bought the car because I love the design. Oh yeah it's a 1,5 V-Tec... Don't be hating though lol

Bjorn
^I used to have one of those, it was a good car in that it was reliable . . . the interior was Lexus solid though . . . I haven't driven a car since with such a solid feeling interior. Took me a while to get used to the feeling in my first Legacy, it wasn't delicate, but felt that way in comparison to my 2000 Civic.

You need to cut a loop or two off the springs to give it a stance to match the wheels.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 29 2010, 01:20 PM) *
You need to cut a loop or two off the springs to give it a stance to match the wheels.

FUCKING RICER.

op: Congratulations on the car!
spphoto.dk
I have plans with it. I don't like the rims, and the stance is offroader'ish.

I want to put some carbonparts on it and make it JDM like.

Feel free to post some cool EK's for inspiration!
Altostratus
B20vtec neeeded
skr
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Apr 29 2010, 01:28 PM) *
B20vtec neeeded
Mr b00st
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Apr 29 2010, 04:28 PM) *
B20vtec block with B18C head plus GT2876 neeeded

fix'd smile.gif
spphoto.dk
I'll mainly be modding it visually for now. I ordered some facelift taillights, a set of Rota Grid rims (16 inch) and a duckbill carbon roof spoiler.

These rims:

This spoiler and tail lights:
Marien
Congrats on the new ride

QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 29 2010, 08:20 PM) *

I once drove a Suzuki Swift (fun little cars) which was lowered by that method. The ride was awful and the handling on bumpy roads was horrible, it hopped over every bump, taking corners at speed was actually a bit terrifying.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Marien @ May 6 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Congrats on the new ride

I once drove a Suzuki Swift (fun little cars) which was lowered by that method. The ride was awful and the handling on bumpy roads was horrible, it hopped over every bump, taking corners at speed was actually a bit terrifying.

Go punch the owner who cut his springs. Its the law under UN mandate to punch every spring cutting ricer moron in the face.
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 6 2010, 02:05 PM) *
Go punch the owner who cut his springs. Its the law under UN mandate to punch every spring cutting ricer moron in the face.

No, it's been amended: you have to fling an aluminum baseball bat at them.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Razor @ May 6 2010, 01:11 PM) *
No, it's been amended: you have to fling an aluminum baseball bat at them.

Drive down and throw it at leif for suggesting it.
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 6 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Drive down and throw it at leif for suggesting it.

You mean up?

Mr b00st
QUOTE(spphoto.dk @ May 6 2010, 12:11 PM) *
I'll mainly be modding it visually for now. I ordered some facelift taillights, a set of Rota Grid rims (16 inch) and a duckbill carbon roof spoiler.

These rims:

This spoiler and tail lights:

Rota Grids + EK = win. However, lowering it (not on cut/torched springs) is crucial - the biggest think the EK has going for it is the potential for go-kart handling when the suspension's done right, and it'll look goofy/unfinished at stock ride height. Still, I like where this is going. Thumbs up!
Altostratus
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ May 5 2010, 08:09 AM) *
fix'd smile.gif

well it would really be B20B block with B18C5 head...and that turbocharger would ruin everything.
skr
QUOTE(Altostratus @ May 6 2010, 11:46 AM) *
well it would really be B20B block with B18C5 head...and that turbocharger would ruin everything.

B16 head with ITR valvetrain(or supertech) and CTR cams would suffice.
Altostratus
so true.
dukenukem
Just put a LS1 in there and be done with it.
spphoto.dk
I don't think I'll be modifying the engine anytime soon. It's properly quick, and it has a cool sound. That's all I'm really asking for, plus, I'm a visuals guy. I want my car to look cool.

Took a new picture of the car today:

Altostratus
sooo....you are a euro ricer
spphoto.dk
QUOTE(Altostratus @ May 10 2010, 05:15 PM) *
sooo....you are a euro ricer

Why are you saying that?
Razor
QUOTE(spphoto.dk @ May 10 2010, 12:10 PM) *
Why are you saying that?

Butthurt because he sold his land yacht. :/
Aaetwo12
Hello i just got a account on dieselstation and i saw this topic it's really nice cars pictures... Thanks to post .....
spphoto.dk
Great success

Altostratus
i had the thought you wanted to cut the springs, then i realized it was leif.

awkward.
spphoto.dk
What's leif?
dukenukem
The ricer who told you to cut your springs.
skr
Well if you're just going for looks, ditch those wheels, get some Sprint Hart CP-Rs, and a CTR lip kit. lower the stance with a set of coilovers and you're basically done.

Altostratus
Saw an EK Civic type-r yesterday (yes, it was real) and it made me remember how good EK's look in white
spphoto.dk
I don't like the above posted rims. I already decided what rims to get, see them on first page.

I'm in doubt about the color, but I like this:

nismo
QUOTE(spphoto.dk @ May 13 2010, 06:30 PM) *
I don't like the above posted rims. I already decided what rims to get, see them on first page.

I'm in doubt about the color, but I like this:

If you get a CTR lip kit, it wills et off that color.
Bjorn
QUOTE(Altostratus @ May 12 2010, 07:23 PM) *
i had the thought you wanted to cut the springs, then i realized it was leif.

awkward.

For the record, I was joking.
spphoto.dk
Mounted a strut bar and took some new pics of the car

goota
get some koni yellows and sport springs, you will never go back to stock. strut bar is useless with stock suspension imo.
spphoto.dk
The strut bar was only to shine up the bay a bit. Only visual.

Anyways, I just got my spoiler.

MustangAficionado
QUOTE(goota @ Sep 1 2010, 10:08 PM) *
get some koni yellows and sport springs, you will never go back to stock. strut bar is useless with stock suspension imo.

What? You dont want to stiffen up the front of your already understeering chassis?
goota
im just saying youre money is better spent on shocks than a strut bar and both is even better
skr
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 7 2010, 09:12 PM) *
What? You dont want to stiffen up the front of your already understeering chassis?

With Hondas, suspension upgrades really start at the struts, then work their way downward. Unless it's a 3pt strut bar like a Carbing, or a solid 1pc bar, the strut bars deceivingly don't perform as well as people tend to believe. Usually what you want to do is lower it with a good set of struts/coils, then upgrade the little components such as extended ball joints to compensate for the changed geometry of the front suspension, ITR swaybars, and then upgrade to spherical bearings/bushings/links for full blown track applications.

The rear is what needs the most beefing up, hence why if you've ever shopped for suspension components for Hondas, there's a lot of emphasis on the rear. Typically you'd want to upgrade the rear subframe and couple it with a RSB. Chassis bracing(like the Miracle bars or EM Z Bars) does help, but not as much as people would think.. Even getting new lower control arms doesn't serve much of a purpose other than looks. Much like any other performance application, tuning is everything.. The correct sized tires, correct tire pressures, corner balancing, camber adjustment, etc...

spphoto.dk
Mounted biggrin.gif

Aircooled
If those black bumpers were removed it would look a lot cleaner.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(skr @ Sep 8 2010, 01:02 PM) *
With Hondas, suspension upgrades really start at the struts, then work their way downward. Unless it's a 3pt strut bar like a Carbing, or a solid 1pc bar, the strut bars deceivingly don't perform as well as people tend to believe. Usually what you want to do is lower it with a good set of struts/coils, then upgrade the little components such as extended ball joints to compensate for the changed geometry of the front suspension, ITR swaybars, and then upgrade to spherical bearings/bushings/links for full blown track applications.

The rear is what needs the most beefing up, hence why if you've ever shopped for suspension components for Hondas, there's a lot of emphasis on the rear. Typically you'd want to upgrade the rear subframe and couple it with a RSB. Chassis bracing(like the Miracle bars or EM Z Bars) does help, but not as much as people would think.. Even getting new lower control arms doesn't serve much of a purpose other than looks. Much like any other performance application, tuning is everything.. The correct sized tires, correct tire pressures, corner balancing, camber adjustment, etc...

I guess i need some [sarcasm][/sarcasm] notation next time. I didn't know all those honda specific prefrences, but I could have guessed based on it being a light FWD platform.
spphoto.dk
just got some original VTi rims for the winter tyres. Also installed a CF front grille for looks.

spphoto.dk
Got my new headlights today

spphoto.dk
Mounted headlights and lip

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.