Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finished up the turbo build :)
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
JoeyC
A few quick pics, I plan on taking better pics tomorrow, I am beat, long day smile.gif

Vadvagool
redls1bird
Not to sound too skeptical, but whats the numbers at the wheels? Estimates of flywheel power are not impressive.
JoeyC
QUOTE(redls1bird @ Apr 23 2010, 07:32 PM) *
Not to sound too skeptical, but whats the numbers at the wheels? Estimates of flywheel power are not impressive.

well, its no Dyno Dynamics, but its also not really flywheel HP

I for one am not a Dyno whor, they are used as a tuning tool wink.gif

I would have loved to hit 600 on a Dyno Dynamics but you can have it all smile.gif

Car drives unbelievably smooth, is fully spooled quite early and makes gobs of torque, the things a beast

and if you don't think 580 is impressive for a 2,900lbs car with 2.2 liters, your nuts..............
dukenukem
QUOTE(redls1bird @ Apr 23 2010, 10:32 PM) *

WHP is also equally pointless. I can have my car dynoed at 3 different places and the whp will range anywhere from 250 whp to 300+. The only real way to know how much more power you are making is to compare the new plot to the stock plot on the same dyno done on the same day. smile.gif
Aircooled
I'm assuming the different plots are for different tunes. Purple being DD, red when you're feeling saucy, and white for when a guy in a viper nods you on. I would assume the primary differences are boost pressure and timing. Care to fill in the specifics?
JoeyC
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Apr 23 2010, 07:51 PM) *
I'm assuming the different plots are for different tunes. Purple being DD, red when you're feeling saucy, and white for when a guy in a viper nods you on. I would assume the primary differences are boost pressure and timing. Care to fill in the specifics?

correct they are at different boost levels. We did Boost by MPH so I dont sit there in spin in gears 1-3. 1st & 2 gear are limited to around 10 psi, thrisyt gear is progressive up to 19 psi and geasr 5-6 are 19psi
fiber optic
What are the specs on that turbo?

When I get bored I put together imaginary turbo setups for my 4.6L vehicles. Sometimes I go with twins and others just a single larger one. But the one you got looks like something I'd use for a motor more than twice the size. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the turbine sizing though.

Anyway, it looks great and clearly performs. thumbs_up.gif
infinity
notworthy.gif
nismo
Wow. Driving an NA S2000 is already a fun and amazing experience, I couldn't imaging having three times the power and torque. Have you replaced or upgraded the differential?
Altostratus
thats fun/death if i ever saw it.
redls1bird
QUOTE(JoeyC @ Apr 23 2010, 08:39 PM) *
well, its no Dyno Dynamics, but its also not really flywheel HP

I for one am not a Dyno whor, they are used as a tuning tool wink.gif

I would have loved to hit 600 on a Dyno Dynamics but you can have it all smile.gif

Car drives unbelievably smooth, is fully spooled quite early and makes gobs of torque, the things a beast

and if you don't think 580 is impressive for a 2,900lbs car with 2.2 liters, your nuts..............

I only said i didnt like any estimates of flywheel power. Im sure that the wheels were on the dyno, yeilding a whp measurement, so to state only a flywheel hp number just seem like juicing your results, imho.

Without question, 500+ hp out of anything 2.2 liters (although your turbo probably displaces that as well, lol) is effing sweet.
JoeyC
^ I hear ya

here is a little cheesy video I made smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xVmrwUDvw...player_embedded
Aircooled
Are you going to run it with no aircleaner all the time?
JoeyC
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Apr 25 2010, 01:10 PM) *
Are you going to run it with no aircleaner all the time?

No I just did that for a dyno pull, here is what i run daily

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.