Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renault Clio
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Marien
As a student, living in a city where everything is within 10 minutes by bike (Netherlands #1 mode of city transport smile.gif ), and good public transport links to the surrounding area, I never could justify owning my own car. Until now! If everything goes to plan, I'll start my internship in France (Oui, baguette!) within two months. While I'm on my internship I really wanted my own wheels. To get over there (800km) and to be more mobile while I'm there.

So my new pride and joy, my Renault Clio 1.4 Mexx. 75 bhp, 895 kg. Central locking, power windows, nice stereo, and well within my budget.

(^now I understand why more serious photographers are using external flashes during daylight shoots :-) )
moe
That's a cute car. I love little French cars.

On a related note, I was over at a friend's house this morning, and realized her her neighbors had first-gen Renault Twingo (they also had a Pajero iO/Pinin, guess they like small cars too). Now that was seriously cool.

EDIT: I was secretly hoping to open this thread and find out someone had bought a Clio Williams.
dukenukem
Lol, you bought a shopping cart. tongue.gif
Synesthesia
Haha, it's little. Congratulations, I hope it treats you well. smile.gif
UserDrew
Congrats on your first set of wheels. Here is to having it treat you well. May you get many miles of use and pleasure out of it.
Aircooled
Needs more boost.
Marien
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 23 2010, 07:31 PM) *
EDIT: I was secretly hoping to open this thread and find out someone had bought a Clio Williams.

Haha, maybe one day. Those Williams are awesome

QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 23 2010, 08:21 PM) *
Lol, you bought a shopping cart. tongue.gif

lol. Yeah, it's not big, but it doesn't have to be. All it has to move is myself and some stuff. I'm 6ft2 and I'm very comfortable inside. And it doesn't feel like a dinky toy on the highways...
b0mb3r
nice! I always had a soft spot for small cars... here in a US small car is a Golf. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.