Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 F1 tires
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
moe
So what do you guys think is going to happen?

There's Pirelli, Avon, and Michelin. Kumho and Hankook are said to be interested as well. I think it'd be awesome if at least two companies got involved. Avon, Pirelli, and Michelin are only interested in getting involved if there's a rival company as well. Pirelli and Michelin also want the F1 teams to start using 18s, and pay them for tires. Haven't really heard anything about the Korean tires.
Bjorn
I'm kinda a fan of the single manufacturer system. For a couple of years there when it was Bridgestone and Michelin, the Bridgestone teams might've well not even shown up, which kinda sucks.
clarkma5
Yeah it's really tough...it really blows with the two (or more) tire system when to win you HAVE to be on one and everyone on the other tire is screwed, regardless of how good their cars or drivers are otherwise...but you definitely gotta feel the manufacturer's pain as a single producer...they only get mentioned when things go wrong.

And I hope they don't go to 18s, that would look ridiculous. I think 15s should definitely happen though. Of course nobody is interested in doing that because it's too much work...damned tire manufacturers, they want it as easy as possible but they want to win, which, of course, is what everyone wants, but they seem to be given the freedom to do it.
Dr. Strangelove
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 22 2010, 06:05 AM) *
I'm kinda a fan of the single manufacturer system. For a couple of years there when it was Bridgestone and Michelin, the Bridgestone teams might've well not even shown up, which kinda sucks.

I agree. There were days where it was like: Well it's hot so Bridgestone have the advantage so Ferrari will win. Then, its a bit cooler this weekend so a Michelin team will take it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.