Full Version: Italy vs America
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

638hp - 200mph - 0-62mph: 3.4" - 1519kg - $106,880 - 6spd manual

Ferrari 599 GTO

670hp - 208mph - 0-62mph: 3.35" - 1605kg - $460,000 (tbc) - 6spd F1 shift
Razor
Ferrari. Higher quality, more comfortable, better transmission.
moe
Yeah, I'm sure you felt it was more comfortable when Ferrari invited you to drive it before they let any major publications get their hands on it.
dukenukem
How can the cars go from 0-60 in 3.xx inches ?
350Z
I have a thing for the ZR1.
midnightdorifto
Don't judge me, I'm just a fanboy showing some C6 love. Plus, it's a blast to drive.
Marien
Although I doubt that the Ferrari is 4 times as good as the ZR1, I'd opt for the Ferrari which is 4 times as expensive. More refinement and more pedigree.
Razor
QUOTE(Marien @ Apr 11 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Although I doubt that the Ferrari is 4 times as good as the ZR1, I'd opt for the Ferrari which is 4 times as expensive. More refinement and more pedigree.

My logic exactly.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Marien @ Apr 11 2010, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 11 2010, 01:58 PM) *
My logic exactly.

Which one of the 2 cars is actually winning races for the last decade or so?
fiber optic
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Apr 11 2010, 11:53 AM) *
Don't judge me, I'm just a fanboy showing some C6 love. Plus, it's a blast to drive.

Plus the difference in price could build a sweet shop fully stocked and ready to rock. There's no way I'd go for the ferrari in this case.
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 11 2010, 03:00 PM) *
Which one of the 2 cars is actually winning races for the last decade or so?

Ferrari won GT2 at the 12 Hours of Sebring a few weeks ago.
Aircooled
I voted for the one that I can fix in my own garage.

edit: woot 3 posts at 3:05
moe
QUOTE(Marien @ Apr 11 2010, 10:42 PM) *
More refinement and more pedigree.

I can see that argument with a lesser car, but I don't think it flies with the 'Vette. They have just as rich of a racing history to back them up. At this point I'd argue some people are confusing pedigree with badge snobbery.

QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 11 2010, 11:05 PM) *

They won it with a 430 though. There wasn't a 599 on the track (I'm tempted to say there wasn't one within a mile of the track, but I'm sure there was at least one in the parking lot). In fact, the GTO has more in common with Ferrari's F1 cars than it does its GT2 racer. The Corvette on the other hand, provides the basis for the cars that actually competed at Sebring.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 11 2010, 03:09 PM) *
They won it with a 430 though. There wasn't a 599 on the track (I'm tempted to say there wasn't one within a mile of the track, but I'm sure there was at least one in the parking lot). In fact, the GTO has more in common with Ferrari's F1 cars than it does its GT2 racer. The Corvette on the other hand, provides the basis for the cars that actually competed at Sebring.

This is true. tongue.gif

And besides, Corvette would've won GT2 had someone on their pit crew not made that horrifyingly idiotic mistake.

PS: There was definitely at least one within a mile of the track, because that's what Jaime Melo owns (one of Risi Comeptizione's drivers). He had it at Lime Rock last year. tongue.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 11 2010, 02:05 PM) *

By sheer luck. Not to say luck isnt important in racing but you know the real reason why Ferrari won.
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 11 2010, 03:54 PM) *
By sheer luck. Not to say luck isnt important in racing but you know the real reason why Ferrari won.

QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 11 2010, 03:25 PM) *
And besides, Corvette would've won GT2 had someone on their pit crew not made that horrifyingly idiotic mistake.
b0mb3r
only one comes with a manual... and that's the one I will rock... and with the money left over I would buy a sweet garage to park it. smile.gif
clarkma5
The GTO is the better car, but it's not 4 times better by any stretch of the imagination...went with the ZR1.
Bjorn
ZR1.

The GTO leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth.
BlackJack
GTO is nice, but I gotta have a true manual. Going with the ZR1.

As per duke's post, yeah how can it be 3.XX inches? tongue.gif
MustangAficionado
Is there a question here?

Which one is a better car? Which one would I want to own, which one I'd buy?
ConnorB
If money was no object, it would be the 599 for sure. But since when is money no object? I could do a lot with a spare 300K in my pockets and a ZR1 to run around in...
4wheelfreak
Neither car is reallly an option if spending $100k+ is a major concern. Considering that I'm planning on having a net worth of AT LEAST a trillion dollars, I'd get the Ferrari. Because it's a Ferrari. And for the record, I'd rather have a fully optioned (magnetorhetical suspension, etc.) Z06 than a ZR1.
DB9
I'd probably get a zr1 and then spend some of the extra cash so I can have a decent interior. Seriously, why are corvette interiors shit?
moe
Caravaggio does a seriously nice interior upgrade for the 'Vette. I think someone posted it on these forums before.

If I bought a 'Vette for street use, and had money to burn, I'd definitely invest.
fiber optic
QUOTE(DB9 @ Apr 17 2010, 05:40 PM) *
Seriously, why are corvette interiors shit?

Because only dash strokers care?
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Apr 17 2010, 05:21 PM) *
Because only dash strokers care?

+1*

*Full disclosure: This post was made from a Corvette interior.
dukenukem
I can attest to the fact that at 100 mph I did not hear any rattles in a certain C6 vette. whistle.gif
Aircooled
I can attest to the fact that at 120 mph, air flow whooshing and angry 2.0 liter engine roaring noise is louder than any rattles in a Jetta.
Razor
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Apr 18 2010, 09:52 PM) *
I can attest to the fact that at 120 mph, air flow whooshing and angry 2.0 liter engine roaring noise is louder than any rattles in a Jetta.

VR6 growl at speed > *
dukenukem
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 18 2010, 08:53 PM) *
VR6 growl at speed > *

My engine note begs to differ.
Pez
GTO all the waaaay!
pervert
GTO. Ferrari make a better product than general motors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.