Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My neighbors hate me.
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
midnightdorifto
EDIT: Thanks for moving that, mods. Good hustle.

Old daily driver finally gave up the ghost and is right now awaiting a new heart. So decided to get something new to go with a job I couldn't bike to. My earliest memory is of me at my 3rd birthday holding a Matchbox SCCA-prepped RX-7 FB and a yellow C3 Corvette from off the top of my birthday cake. Wanted a Corvette ever since, so 20 years down the road, I bought one (the RX-7 will have to wait.)

Photos aren't mine.

Z51, M6, pretty much every option but OnStar. The iForged's look better in person, and the car came with the stock rims (I'm thinking Sport Cups as soon as I get a hold of a second car, which might be sooner than I think...) Only other mod is an exhaust that scares small children, makes my neighbors hire assassins, and sounds like America winning WWII, spawning Christina Hendricks, and inventing the triple-bacon-cheeseburger at full-throttle.

So, yeah, I'm completely in love with it. Best purchase I've ever made.
dukenukem
I want a ride. I am in town till Monday.

Also, time to take it to MSR.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 8 2010, 03:16 PM) *
I want a ride. I am in town till Monday.

Also, time to take it to MSR.

I live in Dallas now, but free all weekend (do you have the same number?). And dammit, you missed C&C (it's getting big). MSR will come when I get the tires and a second vehicle. Government is giving me back a lot thanks to a withholding error, so might knock out one or both of those when I find what I'm looking for.
dukenukem
Sunday afternoon works for you?
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Apr 8 2010, 04:11 PM) *
Only other mod is an exhaust that scares small children, makes my neighbors hire assassins, and sounds like America winning WWII, spawning Christina Hendricks, and inventing the triple-bacon-cheeseburger at full-throttle.

So, yeah, I'm completely in love with it. Best purchase I've ever made.

You are obliged to post videos/audio clips when you do. Do you think you'll get a set of long tubes to go with it?
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 8 2010, 03:22 PM) *
Sunday afternoon works for you?

Absolutely. I might be out that way sometime this weekend, I'll text you and let you know.

QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:22 PM) *
You are obliged to post videos/audio clips when you do. Do you think you'll get a set of long tubes to go with it?

Pretty much the second one here, but it doesn't quite capture how loud it is at idle. Also, backing it off from redline makes the thing absolutely sing.

I'll keep the car stock until I figure out what I want to do with it. Long tubes are a definite possibility in the future.
Razor
Are you keeping those rims?
350Z
Very nice, is it an LS2?
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 8 2010, 04:46 PM) *
Are you keeping those rims?

At the moment, yeah. I hated them at first, but they've got fresh meat on them, so I'll keep them until they wear out (I destroy them with throttle.)
QUOTE(350Z @ Apr 8 2010, 05:16 PM) *
Very nice, is it an LS2?

Yessir.
fiber optic
And then there was awesome. notworthy.gif
Bjorn
Nicely done.

The stock rims from the guy's ad are 100% better though.
Altostratus
needs some CCW's.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Apr 9 2010, 01:14 AM) *
needs some CCW's.

Never really liked the CCW's, although a lot of meat on the rear looks glorious (yup, there too.) Maybe some Fikses, BBS (LMs or REs, no, I'm not driving a VW), or something else. I haven't been shopping yet, but there's some good stuff out there. I'm open to suggestions.
fiber optic
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Apr 9 2010, 08:33 AM) *
Never really liked the CCW's, although a lot of meat on the rear looks glorious (yup, there too.) Maybe some Fikses, BBS (LMs or REs, no, I'm not driving a VW), or something else. I haven't been shopping yet, but there's some good stuff out there. I'm open to suggestions.

Me? I'd sell the ones you've got on it, slap on the stockers with good tires, and spend the difference on 93 octane.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Apr 9 2010, 08:59 AM) *
Me? I'd sell the ones you've got on it, slap on the stockers with good tires, and spend the difference on 93 octane.

See, I've gotta have two sets if I want to do anything fun with it. I'd like to see a nice set of street wheels with some decent tires and the stockers to have some DOT slicks (Sport Cups).
dukenukem
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Apr 9 2010, 09:06 AM) *
See, I've gotta have two sets if I want to do anything fun with it. I'd like to see a nice set of street wheels with some decent tires and the stockers to have some DOT slicks (Sport Cups).

You do realize that getting Sport Cups would by law require you to sign up for the very next track day.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 9 2010, 09:17 AM) *
You do realize that getting Sport Cups would by law require you to sign up for the very next track day.

Exactly. DS_Naughty2.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Apr 9 2010, 09:21 AM) *
Exactly. DS_Naughty2.gif

If i am town we should tag team down there. Take down those yuppy bastards in their Porsches and Vipers.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 9 2010, 09:22 AM) *
If i am town we should tag team down there. Take down those yuppy bastards in their Porsches and Vipers.

This would be a great victory for all mankind. I need to brush up on my skills, though, and I refuse to take this thing through its paces until I have a car that can be a daily driver should I break something. The good news is, I've already started my search and put feelers out for a DD backup...
Cyclone
and half of DS hates you as well.

I want a Vette sad.gif
goota
that video makes my speakers jizz in my ears.
SwissWhiskey
Wow Very nice!

Though I am not fan of those wheels... Destroys the C6's nice lines, but agree you should keep them on since they have new rubber.

I'm a sucker for ZR1 wheels, i'd stick a a pair of these replicas on yours, they would look good grey too.
dukenukem
This car 100% awesome. The exhaust is wicked cool at idle and not overbearing while driving. .. perfect. The wheels alos look a lot better in person than in the pics. Need to get me one of these so bad.
midnightdorifto
Well, thanks to DS, I've got a set of RE-11s en route to my installer (my Valentine 1 arrives today), and I should have a set of new brakes (won't be picking up the Z06 brakes, the track-dwellers on CorvetteForum talked me out of it) en route next week. Thanks DS!
dukenukem
I want a ride again the next time i am in town.
DaGonz
schwinggggggg! drool3.gif

Nicely done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.