Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canadian Grand Prix 2010
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
bobo27
So who is going? I got my tickets for the full 3 days on grandstand 22 and also have booked a room for 3 nights. I am so excited that I had to make this thread about it!

Also I wanted to thank, I am not sure who it was but someone from this forum said that summer residence at McGill University is a nice way to go when visiting Montreal without breaking the bank on a hotel stay. Thank you! 55 per night, downtown, yea I'll take that!

Any tips, suggestions on what to do/see in Montreal?
911xx
I'd like to see the grand prix but I didn't look for tickets yet. If I don't find any I'll probly just end up going to Crescent street to see some nice cars and mini-skirt-wearing girls.
Bjorn
QUOTE(bobo27 @ Apr 6 2010, 07:16 PM) *
So who is going? I got my tickets for the full 3 days on grandstand 22 and also have booked a room for 3 nights. I am so excited that I had to make this thread about it!

Also I wanted to thank, I am not sure who it was but someone from this forum said that summer residence at McGill University is a nice way to go when visiting Montreal without breaking the bank on a hotel stay. Thank you! 55 per night, downtown, yea I'll take that!

Any tips, suggestions on what to do/see in Montreal?

That was me, with the McGill thing. It's pretty awesome, and really close to a Metro station that will take you to the race.

I want to go, but the wife and I just bought a house, so we're tapped.

As far as things to do, when I have been to the GP, streets along St. Catharine's ave have been closed to traffic, and given to local car clubs to use for little shows. The Lambo, Porsche, BMW and Ferrari clubs all had parties, and BMW actually brought the Williams back up car to the party one night. Very amazing for anyone who likes cars. There will alos be parties everywhere . . . BAR (that's how long since I've been) rented an abandoned building and turned it into a nightclub.

Have fun, I'll be watching on the TV.
moe
That sounds awesome. Abu Dhabi was nothing like that (Timbaland threw a free concert near the beach, but that was it outside the official F1 festivities), though when I went to Bahrain back in '04 the party scene was pretty good. I remember one night in Bahrain, we ended up partying with the Ferrari girls...that was a good time.
Dr. Strangelove
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 7 2010, 11:02 AM) *
That sounds awesome. Abu Dhabi was nothing like that (Timbaland threw a free concert near the beach, but that was it outside the official F1 festivities), though when I went to Bahrain back in '04 the party scene was pretty good. I remember one night in Bahrain, we ended up partying with the Ferrari girls...that was a good time.

Pics or it didn't happen.
moe
There actually are pics. I lost them all when my last laptop died, but a friend of mine should have them. I'll ask him and see if he's still got them.
eraser_rx
enjoy your stay in montreal!
911xx
QUOTE(eraser_rx @ Apr 10 2010, 06:16 PM) *
enjoy your stay in montreal!

I saw your boss in his white R32 turning northbound on Des Sources two days ago. It was cool to be the only one on the street to know that guy's got an R8.
BlackJack
I'm going actually. I forget which grandstand but I think grandstand 12.
Bjorn
I wonder if I should apply for a press pass. My managing editor probably wouldn't pay for travel, but that's not too too expensive, and I could stay with my brother while there.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just checked out the procedure for applying for a press pass to an FIA event, I might not have the paperwork done by June, let alone have tickets to the race.
ellinawilliams
Hi
As exciting as the 2009 season has been, the notable absence of the Canadian Grand Prix put a damper on the season. Well, good news for F1 fans - especially North American fans - the Canada Grand Prix is back in 2010! When the Canadian Grand Prix comes to town, the party begins. With the combination of a great track and an exceptional nightlife, Montreal has become an annual trip for many people from all over the world.
infinity
FANTASTIC!

shoot.gifspam.gif
eraser_rx
QUOTE(911xx @ Apr 11 2010, 06:13 AM) *
I saw your boss in his white R32 turning northbound on Des Sources two days ago. It was cool to be the only one on the street to know that guy's got an R8.

the R8 is in today smile.gif
911xx
I'm at work and my shift finishes @ 23h30... can I come over see it? biggrin.gif
The Unibomber
Wish I could go this year but I will be on goldRush Rally. I went a couple years back and it was awesome! That big Kubica crash happened right in front of me at the hairpin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.