Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your favorite Impreza STI
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
So every time a new STI launches, there's a raging debate as to how the previous model was better until everyone begins to accept it. What's been your favorite?

Gen 1 Sedan

Gen 1 Coupe

Gen 2 Bug-eye

Gen 2

Gen 2 Pig-nose

Gen 3 Hatch

Gen 3 Sedan
dukenukem
Anyone who doesn't vote for Gen 1 coupe is clearly blind/ mentally challenged.

Proof:
moe
I'm voting Gen 1 sedan. The later models had a more aggressive bodykit, and I think the sedan bodystyle looks better balanced than the coupe's.
bankE46
gen 1 couple or gen 4 hatch. btw, your poll is lacking either gen 4 option..
moe
There is no Gen 4.
dukenukem
Well then modify your first post.
infinity
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Apr 6 2010, 04:49 PM) *
gen 1 couple or gen 4 hatch.
This.
fiber optic
Gen 3 (non-pig nose) or Gen 4 hatch. Probably Gen 4 hatch
Razor
Gen 1 Coupe, Gen 4 Sedan, or Gen 4 Hatch. No, I don't care what you think of my choices.
BlackJack
Gen 1 coupe. Always will have a soft spot for the 2.5RS coupes.
skr
22b.
clarkma5
I've been more keen to call the three versions of the second generation as "bug-eye", "blob-eye", and "hawk-eye", personally.

Anyway, in terms of looks, the latest hatch is my favorite, but in terms of my favorite one overall...well, it depends on what market you're talking about. For USDM I'd pick the hawk-eye, for ROW/JDM or whatever I'd pick the gen 1 coupe.

So in other words, I have no idea how to vote in this.
The Unibomber
bugeye ftw!
moe
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Apr 7 2010, 12:58 AM) *
Well then modify your first post.

Oh wow, I'm a moron, I didn't realize I skipped from 1 to 3 while counting, and then just moved on to 4. My bad.
b0mb3r
bug eye smile.gif
Bjorn
I love the third gen hatch, it looks great IMHO.

In all honesty though, I have loved every STI we've gotten in NA. I would love to have one . . . but they are $40,000 here, and too small to be my regular car.
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Apr 6 2010, 10:59 PM) *
I've been more keen to call the three versions of the second generation as "bug-eye", "blob-eye", and "hawk-eye", personally.

Anyway, in terms of looks, the latest hatch is my favorite, but in terms of my favorite one overall...well, it depends on what market you're talking about. For USDM I'd pick the hawk-eye, for ROW/JDM or whatever I'd pick the gen 1 coupe.

So in other words, I have no idea how to vote in this.

I believe what he meant was which is your favorite Impreza STI model if you were wearing polka dotted underpants with the dots being of the following colors .. pink, fuchsia, purple and sort of greenish yellow while performing an interpretative dance to the song Tubthumping by Chumbawamba.
Mr b00st
I'm going with the Gen 2 Bugeye. I usually refer to the Gen2's as Bugeye-Peanut Eye-Samurai, but we've all got our own nicknames.

As per the why - maybe it's my US market perspective, where we only started getting WRX's with the Bug-eye, and so it's what I really associate with the WRX. Honestly though I just think it looks best. the first-gen Imprezas are hellacious performers, no doubt, and the 22b is sexy as fuck, but all the scoops and spoilers and flares and huge fog lights really look tacked-on aftermarkety on the Gen1 Impreza, whereas they look integrated on the Gen2. As for Bug-eye over peanut eye or samurai, I never really thought either facelift was an improvement over the bug-eye, especially the intermediate peanut-eye models. But YMMV.
eraser_rx
22B is the sexiest.....

but my vote goes to Gen2 "peanut eye"....i currently own the 2004 2.5RS rolleyes.gif
pervert
Definitely V5 (GC8 or 1st gen) 4 door (might be biased though). For looks I love the V8, for internals the V7 or the latest with its twin scroll goodness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.