Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LP670-4
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
caster
Just saw this, made my girlfriend pull over so we can snap some pics, the guy was leaving just as I came to take some pics. Didn't really comment on anything, sorry about the cell phone pics...

Razor
Looks much better in gray than it did in Fisher Price Yellow like the promo shots.
caster
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 1 2010, 05:02 PM) *
Looks much better in gray than it did in Fisher Price Yellow like the promo shots.

The problem with grey is that it doesn't have that exotic feeling. In grey, you just feel like its another plain car with some wings and stuff. At first I thought it was an LP640 (just by tailights lights and exhaust) it wasn't until the wing, side skirts, and front end clicked in my mind that it was an LP670
Razor
QUOTE(caster @ Apr 1 2010, 08:03 PM) *
The problem with grey is that it doesn't have that exotic feeling. In grey, you just feel like its another plain car with some wings and stuff. At first I thought it was an LP640 (just by tailights lights and exhaust) it wasn't until the wing, side skirts, and front end clicked in my mind that it was an LP670

It's preferential taste in the end, I suppose. Did the driver say anything?
Lancer007
How the hell can you have a handicapped pass and drive a Lamborghini?
caster
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 1 2010, 05:10 PM) *
It's preferential taste in the end, I suppose. Did the driver say anything?

Not really, I think he was weirded out by how excited I was, either that or he was like "Another kid obsessing over my car." I told him congrats, but he didn't even respond to it, (not that he really needs it if he can afford an LP670, but I was just trying to be polite, I guess its a middle eastern evil-eye thing that I've just bee raised by to not be envious). He definitely didn't seem like an enthusiast versus some rich guy, not trying to judge or anything, but he was just very quiet. I feel like when enthusiasts run into each other there is more common ground and excitement to share.
Razor
QUOTE(caster @ Apr 1 2010, 08:59 PM) *
Not really, I think he was weirded out by how excited I was, either that or he was like "Another kid obsessing over my car." I told him congrats, but he didn't even respond to it, (not that he really needs it if he can afford an LP670, but I was just trying to be polite, I guess its a middle eastern evil-eye thing that I've just bee raised by to not be envious). He definitely didn't seem like an enthusiast versus some rich guy, not trying to judge or anything, but he was just very quiet. I feel like when enthusiasts run into each other there is more common ground and excitement to share.

So true. The best car I've ever run into parked alongside its owner (not at Lime Rock Park) was a Nissan GT-R. The owner was really, really enthusiastic about it, and having owned a GTI Mk V, was ready to talk loads about my R32's DSG and compare it to his GT-R's twin-clutch tranny. Nice guy.

On the other hand, I've been given dirty looks eyeing things as common as M3's or less common such as Aston Martin DB9's.
Synesthesia
Yeah, bummer that the owner was kind of boring, but sweet sighting. I mean, he could always just be shy? :-/
UserDrew
The owner looks happy that someone appreciates his ride, actually. That is definitely not a "WTF are you doing, asshole?!" look.
skr
Well.. It's questionable that it's his, judging by the DST license plate.
Synesthesia
^What does DST mean?
skr
Usually it means the source of that car is from the distributor, and that you need to have the proper licensing and paperwork to prove you're a distributor to register the car. I'm not saying he's not the owner, but it could mean a lot of scenarios.
moe
The guy looks familiar...journalist?
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 14 2010, 01:25 PM) *
The guy looks familiar...journalist?

I thought it was Ron Perlman but he looks too fat to be him.
UserDrew
Know that moe mentions it, I do sort of recognize that face but I don't know how or from where. I am thinking radio personality for some reason. If not I feel like maybe Entourage.
Mr b00st
haha, the fat bastard could've saved the money on the SV just by hitting the gym for a month.
Razor
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ May 21 2010, 08:32 PM) *
haha, the fat bastard could've saved the money on the SV just by hitting the gym for a month.

Don't know why but this made me lol.
DB9
looks a little bit like john goodman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.