Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great time to like little efficient cars
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Bjorn
So, if you love little fuel-sipping hatchbacks, it's a great time to be alive. Mazda just announced pricing for the 2, which inspired this poll.

Which one would you buy if you were in the market?

Toyota Yaris
Price:$12,605

Honda Fit
Price: $14,900

Nissan Versa
Price: $13,150

Mazda 2
Price: $14,730

Ford Fiesta
Price: $13,320

Chevrolet Aveo
Price: $12,115

Hyundai Accent
Price: $9,970

All of these, save the Accent, are available with 5 doors.

I probably forgot one or two. Also, I didn't include the Mini, which kinda belongs on this list, but would probably dominate and ruin the poll.
duality
i've no clue how competent any of these cars are...but on looks alone, the fiesta wins.

mazda's a bit pricey no?
Razor
The Yaris, the Aveo, and the Versa all suck majorly. The Fit and the Mazda2 are alright. It comes down to the Fiesta and the Accent. I'll have to go with Fiesta here.
Bjorn
The Yaris is a pretty good little car, if I do say so myself. We have owned one for coming on five years, no problems, what so ever. It's even fun to drive. It's no Focus RS, but it is zippy and can go around a corner OK.

I didn't like the Versa.

As for the Fit, we bought our Yaris when it was the only small five door hatchback of the big Japanese companies, but I would have urged my wife toward a Fit had it been available.
Halflifehavock13
Fiesta by such a margin, it isn't even funny.
clarkma5
The Mazda 2 is #1 for me, Fiesta is #2. Accent SE is my #3.
Synesthesia
God, the Accent looks terribly outdated. Either the Fit or the Yaris I guess. I just read an article in C&D about the Fit, and they lauded it pretty heavily. Toyota does a really good job at the diminutive, efficient, cheap, reliable car though. Hmm...
moe
The Accent and Aveo are laughably bad (not to mention hideous), and the Versa is uninspiring. The Yaris isn't bad, but the Fit is better. Of course, the 2 and the Fiesta are a cut above the rest, and I'm going to go with the 2. Btw Leif, you have the European Fiesta pictured. The North American model is very, very similar, but not quite that sharp. You should've probably thrown the VW Polo in the poll as well, isn't that coming to the US next year or later this year?
clarkma5
I won't trust VWoA to deliver the Polo to the US until I see one on the roads here...
dukenukem
Fiesta followed by the Fit Sport.
moe
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Apr 1 2010, 08:36 AM) *
I won't trust VWoA to deliver the Polo to the US until I see one on the roads here...

Fair enough. Fiat has confirmed the 500 for the US though, and Scion's getting the iQ, so maybe those should've been included.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 31 2010, 11:53 PM) *
Fiesta followed by the Fit Sport.

Correct answer here.
Aircooled
500 would have had my vote. But other than that it was between the fiesta and the aveo. The aveo looks real nice and the fiesta looks real nice, but I like the aveo's interior more than the fiesta so that gets my vote.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Apr 1 2010, 02:25 PM) *
500 would have had my vote. But other than that it was between the fiesta and the aveo. The aveo looks real nice and the fiesta looks real nice, but I like the aveo's interior more than the fiesta so that gets my vote.

I assume you're talking about the new Aveo, which isn't pictured here...
b0mb3r
no contest here... ford fiesta hands down.
fiber optic
But I like big cars. DS_x..gif
BlackJack
Let's have a Fiesta here!
speedyK
"little efficient cars"

By all reports, the Panda (same floorpan as the 500) is a lot of fun even with a fuel-sipping engine - and very practical too in 5-seater version.

Pity that the 100 HP sporty version only comes as a 4-seater

But who said "little efficient cars" had to be compact hatches? You never actually said "practical".

I'm still loving my Smart Roadster-Coupé and it uses almost NO fuel smile.gif
redls1bird
The Fiesta is the only on with bearable styling to me. I know nothing about any of these cars period.
Bjorn
For me it would be a straight fight between the Fit, Fiesta and 2.

In the end, I would probably get the Fiesta based on the fact that it's a grand and a bit cheaper than the other two, with which I could fit Sync.

EDIT: For fun I just built a Fiesta, minimally decked out it was thousands more than a similarly equipped Fit. Weird, don't know how well the Fiesta will do being more expensive than the Japanese alternatives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.