Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS Contest #5 Voting
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Technique & Tutorials
GFWilliams
The last poll was late, so this one is early Raspberry.gif

Please vote for the one which you think is the most creative an well executed in your opinion.

You've got until Friday evening to vote smile.gif
Synesthesia
It's contest #5 wink.gif
mackey
Nice!
Blue Devil
voted 4 but i am liking 5 as well... smile.gif
mackey
you should change the title to #5 voting, just noticed, says #4. I think that wwas pointed out the first post.
kcederwall08
WOW i'm really liking the results from this one.
GFWilliams
Doh - title sorted smile.gif

That'll teach me to copy and paste!
Seethegrim
Wow, great entries guys!
OHirtenfelder
Visually 2 is my favourite. The simplicity does it for me. I voted 4 though. PS skills on that one rock hard!
Synesthesia
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Mar 25 2010, 08:35 AM) *
Visually 2 is my favourite. The simplicity does it for me. I voted 4 though. PS skills on that one rock hard!

My thoughts exactly, except I voted for #2. It might not be as technically challenging, but the image works better imo. Nice entries guys. smile.gif
mackey
#2 is clean
n1smo
Thought there will be way more entries like 2, this picture was perfect to drop in a background.
Hope i will have some more time, so i can participate in some of the next contests.

Wonder what all the fuzz about 4 is.
2 is my favourite, even if it lacks some ps skills wink.gif

A higher Resolution background, some editing on the car, some clean up on the ground and it would wipe all other entries.

Too bad it suffers from the points mentioned.

EDIT:

One more thing tongue.gif
to all participants but 1 and 5.
Maybe its personal preference not to clone out that orange spots in the windshield, the one that shine through from the back (i would do it),
but plz, at least remove the green badges (thats what they are called in germany).
Forgot it sometimes when they first apeared here, but meanwhile every car has them in germany, so i remove them on regular basis.
They just look ugly.
GFWilliams
QUOTE(n1smo @ Mar 26 2010, 09:51 PM) *
EDIT:

One more thing tongue.gif
to all participants but 1 and 5.
Maybe its personal preference not to clone out that orange spots in the windshield, the one that shine through from the back (i would do it),
but plz, at least remove the green badges (thats what they are called in germany).
Forgot it sometimes when they first apeared here, but meanwhile every car has them in germany, so i remove them on regular basis.
They just look ugly.

the orange spots on the windscreen are a view through the cockpit of the car to the rear window - I wouldn't say it is that important that they are edited out...

The 'green badges' - or tax discs in the UK certainly look better shopped out though smile.gif
romasas
Thanks all for C&C smile.gif foto nr2 is my. next time i try made mo complicated.
thanks . sorry my ingland/US language is very bad:)
mackey
No idea that was even there, sometimes you don't know these things being in the US
Liberalis
is it wrong to be so very proud of 3 votes? lol
GFWilliams
WINNER: Entry # 4 - MACKEY
Well done Mackey smile.gif a well deserved win!

In a not so close second is Entry # 2 - romasas
Well done and good concept, but I think that a higher resolution backdrop is required make the image look more polished.

Others:

Entry:
#1 was done by kcederwall08
#3 was done by Seagram
#5 was done by Liberalis
#6 was done by Dejan Sokolovski
#7 was done by DonJuanMair
mackey
smile.gif

I'll be happy to defer the next image to Romasas if he wants to host the next contest.
Seethegrim
haha, I'm so stoked I got no votes! biggrin.gif

Yay, whens the next one?
Synesthesia
^I actually really liked your edit (though I think the light rays are a bit too heavy handed), but it seems like the photos with totally new backgrounds always take the cake.
NVphotoman
5 is the only one that looks "real" I know what that color looks like and 5 shows that the best..

4 looks good but the color is way to burnt...

then again I never saw the RAW pic...
GFWilliams
What's happening with this? Are we going to have another?
Seethegrim
Someone poke Mackay...
mackey
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Apr 26 2010, 05:02 AM) *
Someone poke Mackay...

Who's Mackay?
Seethegrim
QUOTE(mackey @ Apr 26 2010, 08:07 PM) *
Who's Mackay?

Sorry, I meant Mackey
mackey
I dunno, am I hosting the next contest?
GFWilliams
Sounds like it wink.gif
mackey
Oww.. ok.. I gotta find something reasonable where Dean won't get mad at me.
Seethegrim
I really would hate to see this challenge thing fall by the way side.

Someone start challenge #6!
Timr
Bump for another challenge
e30_324d
where are the pics??? pics.gif
Seethegrim
QUOTE(e30_324d @ Dec 10 2010, 07:01 PM) *
where are the pics??? pics.gif

Gone forever.

So start challenge #6 instead. You've seen how its done.
jrampton
It's ashame this has died off it was really good seeing everone's edits.

Is it due to noone wanting to share RAW files ?

I'm happy to post something up if anyone is interested ?
Seethegrim
Dude, please do! I was a huge fan of this contest. I loved getting down n dirty with the retouching (time allowing).

Please start the next challenge & maybe get some hype going again. Quite a few guys have come back to the forums since, so maybe there will be some more input.
Daz
I keep meaning to put a new one up but I can't pick a photo worth doing sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.