Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just got a PS3, what games should I get?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Cyclone
So far I have FF13 (PS3 and 360, gf plays the 360), MGS4 and Little Big Planet. I know GT5 Prologue will be mentioned, I'll probably get that but I'm in no rush since its just a glorified demo.

I only really want PS3 exclusive recommendations. God of War is already on my list to buy tongue.gif

Also, add me on PSN. CyclonesWorld. My friends list is looking pretty weak compared to my 360.
b0mb3r
infamous
moe
Heavy Rain is a must-play although the story-line starts falling apart closer to the end, still worth it for the experience though, there's no other game quite like it. If you're into an RPG that's so challenging it'll make you grow hair on your chest, you might want to look at Demon's Souls. Uncharted was pretty good, and I've heard Uncharted 2 was even better. I liked Mirror's Edge, but it's a love-hate kind of game, and it's pretty short so you can probably just rent it and try it out. Obviously, bomber already mentioned Infamous, which is epic.
Cyclone
I played the Heavy Rain demo and enjoyed it. I hear its a short game, I think i'd be more willing to buy it if it were cheaper. The price will go down so I'll wait.

I need PS3 friends, add me:D
bankE46
go onto the ps3 online store and get echochrome.. its $9.99 and is a totally excellent puzzle game. check out the vid:

Cyclone
I've seen that for the PSP. I thought about downloading it. My hacked PSP and 32gb card = sex.
moe
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 23 2010, 07:49 PM) *

I stopped paying my internet bill because I'm moving soon, and I want to switch providers anyway. I'm using the university's internet which is not only slower than a Yugo, but also doesn't allow me to connect to PSN. So I'll add you once I move.
Halflifehavock13
Heavy rain is a bit on the short side, around 8 to 10 hours. But, you have so many different endings. I watched my roommate play through and he did levels I hadn't seen before. You'd be right in waiting until the price goes down, though.

Uncharted 2 kicks major ass. Ridiculous graphics and good characters.

Also, F1 championship is good. You can find that pretty cheap, albeit a little hard to find.

Also, killzone 2 is great. Resistance 2 of course.

And in the bargain bin are resistance 1 and uncharted 1.
moe
I never liked Resistance 1, so I didn't bother playing 2. I dunno why I never played Killzone 2, guess I just forgot about it.
porsche944
I just got a PS3 too! Whats everyones PSN name? Mine=Nine4fourS. GoWIII is a must-buy. Also how is LBP? I'll play w/ u if its any good
Razor
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Mar 23 2010, 03:14 PM) *
Nine4fourS

lol, my XBOX Live gamertag is RThirty2.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 23 2010, 10:49 AM) *

Since my PS3 is stolen from my brother I have no idea what the friends name is for it.
Dr. Strangelove
I am playing Resonance of Fate right now. If you are into JRPGs and don't mind a slightly complicated combat system, I suggest trying it. I like it a lot so far.
porsche944
QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ Mar 23 2010, 03:26 PM) *
I am playing Resonance of Fate right now. If you are into JRPGs and don't mind a slightly complicated combat system, I suggest trying it. I like it a lot so far.

I'm playing FFXIII Right now, which I really like. My buddy recommended RoF to me. How is the story in both Resonance of Fate and Demon's Soul?
infinity
If you like sports games, NHL10 and FIFA10 are quite good thumbs_up.gif

Also, for $20, the Sega Genesis Collection is pretty cool. 40+ Sega Genesis games in 720p on one disc.
Dr. Strangelove
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Mar 23 2010, 12:28 PM) *
I'm playing FFXIII Right now, which I really like. My buddy recommended RoF to me. How is the story in both Resonance of Fate and Demon's Soul?

I only a few chapters in so I can't really comment on the story yet. But It's good. I had a tough time picking it up over FF, but I was disapointed with the reviews I read so I got this instead. It plays a bit like old FF.
350Z
Hard rain is only worth a rent, no replay value in it as far as I can see.
bankE46
ive heard fierce downpour is pretty sweet though.
Altostratus
My PSN name= bennayd

add me so i can fuck your shit up in MW2. rolleyes.gif
bobo27
I got a PS3 not long ago my self..

only have 5 games, but here is a list of games that are mostly bargains, under 25, that I am considering:

Fallout 3. - heard that the Game of the Year edition is worth it for the down-loadable content, but its around 50, not exactly bargain bin...
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - I loved Crash Bandicoot, this a bit similar, but not quite.
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - good western rpg/ shooter
Killzone 2 - I hear this is a must own!
Uncharted
Skate II - loved tony hawk on the ps1, i know this is drastically different.
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Don't think I will get this one since I played the hell out of on the PC, but I hear online play is dope!

The games I got,
FIFA 10 (its like a drug, so good)
Street Fighter 4 ( really good button masher/ fighter)
MGS4 - The reason you get a PS3
GT5p - pretty good demo.
Sega Genesis Collection - a good mix of classics

Here is a list of Game Pro's 24 Best PS3 Games, check that out... I am sure you will find something you like!

But as soon as prices come down on some titles like COD:MW2, Heavy Rain, GoW III, etc I might join on the fun!
my psn name - boianski
Easton
loving FFXIII at the moment - finished the main story line but still going!
fiber optic
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 23 2010, 02:25 PM) *
Since my PS3 is stolen from my brother I have no idea what the friends name is for it.

I'm jberisford.

I had a good 30 year run as fberisford though so no complaints.
John Potts
There was a new game that came out this past tuesday thats pretty awesome, or atleast the demo is.

Just Cause 2, its for both systems. Its like grand theft auto meets far cry, get lots of points for blowing shit up
UserDrew
What sort of games are you into?

GTA IV, if you haven't played it yet. Mass Effect if you like RPG sort of games. IF you do then Borderlands would be a great choice. The first Killzone was a great game and I hear Killzone 2 is equally as good. .
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Mar 27 2010, 12:57 AM) *

GTA IV, if you haven't played it yet. Mass Effect if you like RPG sort of games. IF you do then Borderlands would be a great choice. The first Killzone was a great game and I hear Killzone 2 is equally as good. .

Killzone 2 is lightyears better than the first one.
DB9
The graphics on killzone 2 look insane.
Halflifehavock13
I loved killzone 2 when I played it, although the controls seemed a little sloppy. But I heard they patched it and the controls are supposed to be a lot sharper, even though I haven't played it.
Cyclone
Ugh, Barthandelus in FF13 is frustrating the fuck out of me.
Easton
when he charges his Destructo attack, attack him relentlessly and you'll eventually hear him grunt. That means his Destructo will only do half damage that round.
moe
I got bored with FF13 and started playing GOW3. I've just never really been an FF fan I guess.
Cyclone
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Mar 27 2010, 12:57 AM) *

Borderlands got boring very fast. When my gf gets done with the 360 I'll start Mass Effect 2. I played the first one all the way through 3 times biggrin.gif
Cyclone
QUOTE(Easton @ Mar 29 2010, 01:04 AM) *
when he charges his Destructo attack, attack him relentlessly and you'll eventually hear him grunt. That means his Destructo will only do half damage that round.

Thanks, I went that route after I grinded the hell out of the area before him and I got through it on my 2nd try. Pretty intense battle since I was on the offensive instead of my normal defensive. He cast Destrudo on me about 4 times and never casted Doom. I did it in 19 minutes and got a total shit rating but hey, I'll take what I can get.
Dr. Strangelove
Cyclone, I love that avatar. i could sit here and watch it all day.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 29 2010, 09:18 PM) *
Borderlands got boring very fast. When my gf gets done with the 360 I'll start Mass Effect 2. I played the first one all the way through 3 times biggrin.gif

Shit, son. Kick her off NOW and play.
Cyclone
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Mar 30 2010, 01:38 PM) *
Shit, son. Kick her off NOW and play.

When I beat 13 on the PS3 tongue.gif

That's why we got the damn thing anyways lol
moe
You bought PS3 for FF13? Geez, I have a PS3 and let my roommate buy it for the 360 instead. Good thing too, because I can't really say I'm a fan of the game. Not a bad game, just not my thing.
UserDrew
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 29 2010, 05:18 PM) *

Yeah, I was able to derive some fun from playing it but now that you mention int it did get pretty redundant and the AI isn't too much of a challenge. The enemies doesn't show much intelligence, they just stand in the open and shoot at you until they die.
Blue Devil
GOD OF WAR 3...

right now I am playing BioShock 2... as soon as i finish that.. GOW3

enough said... smile.gif
Cyclone
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 30 2010, 04:15 PM) *
You bought PS3 for FF13? Geez, I have a PS3 and let my roommate buy it for the 360 instead. Good thing too, because I can't really say I'm a fan of the game. Not a bad game, just not my thing.

Not really, I got a PS3 so I had something to do while my gf plays FF13 on the 360. I just happen to be playing the same game at the same time lol

I started fighting Orphan last night. What a pain in the ass.... I want to go back and grind some more but don't think that I can.
Diesel
BORKED
Razor
The Wii called, they want their racing game back.
Diesel
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 18 2010, 12:25 PM) *
The Wii called, they want their racing game back.

actually.. i think it's a combination of Little Big Planet + MarioKart myself
moe
Haha, that looks awesome. Sign me up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.