Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long Beach Grand Prix
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
Dr. Strangelove
I know a bunch of us are going. Anyone interested in a meetup in LB?
Razor
QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ Mar 22 2010, 01:48 AM) *
I know a bunch of us are going. Anyone interested in a meetup in LB?

God I wish I could. sad.gif
skr
Depends on what days, costs, parking situation, and what not.. Last time I tried to go for Formula D, it was a huge pain because we had to basically walk like 2 miles to get to the event from where we parked.
Razor
QUOTE(skr @ Mar 22 2010, 02:12 PM) *
Depends on what days, costs, parking situation, and what not.. Last time I tried to go for Formula D, it was a huge pain because we had to basically walk like 2 miles to get to the event from where we parked.

TWO MILES? Sweet jesus, you poor thing.

rolleyes.gif
skr
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 22 2010, 11:15 AM) *
TWO MILES? Sweet jesus, you poor thing.

rolleyes.gif

Event parking shouldn't be 2 miles from the event without shuttles.

Dick.
moe
Two miles isn't a lot if you're out for a stroll, but when you've already driven to come to an event, you shouldn't have to walk that far. With no shuttles, that's just poor event organization.
Bjorn
QUOTE(skr @ Mar 22 2010, 01:20 PM) *
Event parking shouldn't be 2 miles from the event without shuttles.

Dick.

One word: Skateboard. I brought mine to the Montreal GP, best way to get around ever. And after the race, they let us onto the track. Gold.
Dr. Strangelove
I'll be there for ALMS tomorrow, anyone else going?
Razor
Holy FUCK. Did that really end as closely as it looked from live timing? I was out and wasn't able to listen to radio Le Mans at that point so I could on rely on the times for info about the race.

FUCK YEAH, HIGHCROFT!
Lancer007
Yeah it was that close, I was watching it with my roommate and we were both on the edge of our seats...literally
Dr. Strangelove
Ha ha I had no clue how close it was. Racing is hard to follow in person. Especially as you've been drinking.
Razor
Oh my god, I just downloaded the Radio Le Mans coverage of it... Simon Pagenaud made an insane pass in turn 5 to beat Adrian Fernandez down the straight. Fucking amazing... this is why I love LM racing.
Jacob Photo
I never check part of the board.

I was in the corner that the pass happened, but I didn't even know it. Yes, it's nearly impossible to watch the racing live. It's cool to hear the loud engines, but you can't see anything from just the bleachers. Much better to watch it on TV.

I'm going again today. I just got done working on some photos, going to walk from my house to the track now. All 9 blocks.
Dr. Strangelove
Be sure to post them up. When you're done with them.

Here are some snapshots I took. Nothing fancy. It's hard to do decent photography at events like this without a pass to get into the good areas.

And then there's this gem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.