Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY 2010: Ultra Exotics
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
For more on the DieselStation Car of the Year 2010 competition, please see this thread.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV
Base MSRP:
$450,000
Available Engines: 6.5 liter V12 with 670 HP with 487 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 6-speed manual, 6-speed e-Gear
Available Drivetrains: All wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 9 City/14 Highway
Curb Weight: 3850 lbs.

Lamborghini Reventon Roadster
Base MSRP:
$1,600,000
Available Engines: 5.7 liter V12 with 670 HP with 487 ft.-lbs
Available Transmissions: 6-speed e-Gear
Available Drivetrains: All wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 9 City/14 Highway
Curb Weight: 3725 lbs.

Synesthesia
The Reventon has a V8, what? wink.gif
duality
I vote neither.

There were no other 'ultra' exotics this year?
Synesthesia
What about cars like the Citroen GT of which there are only a few made? They're technically "production", no?
Razor
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the most boring category of DSCOTY 2010.
SwissWhiskey
Pagani Zonda Cinque?
moe
QUOTE(duality @ Mar 15 2010, 02:08 AM) *
I vote neither.

There were no other 'ultra' exotics this year?

QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Mar 15 2010, 02:13 AM) *
What about cars like the Citroen GT of which there are only a few made? They're technically "production", no?

QUOTE(SwissWhiskey @ Mar 15 2010, 02:34 AM) *
Pagani Zonda Cinque?

Aston One-77 is listed as a 2010 model, but Clark persuaded me to leave it out. Not enough details on it. We know what it looks like, and how much it costs, but nothing else is finalized, and no one's driven one outside the factory (well maybe clients). To my knowledge, the McLaren-Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss wasn't sold in the US, so that's out as well. The Citroen GT has been approved for limited production, that's all we know about it.

To my knowledge Paganis aren't street legal in the US, that rules them out of DSCOTY by default. I considered the Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita, but I was unsure of US availability, and it's just a fancy paint job. There's probably some limited-run Veyron for this year, if you guys really want more choices. And...I JUST thought of the Noble M600 as I was typing up this post. That may be a real contender (not just an attempt to have more cars in the segment), so I'll verify its US-availability and redo the vote if necessary. If you guys have any other ideas, go ahead and let me know.

EDIT: I'm about go to bed, and I can't find any info on the US availability of the Noble M600 and the Veritas RSIII Roadster. If anyone can verify they're available in the US, I'll add them to the category. If there's anything else I've missed (has to be available in the US, has to be a 2010 model, and has to have sufficient information available) let me know as well.
Halflifehavock13
A:"What do you drive?"
"A lamborghini murcielago lp6702483XY89LOL-4"

B:"What do you drive?

"A lamborghini reventon. It's styled after a jet and is a convertible."
Razor
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Mar 14 2010, 08:33 PM) *
A:"What do you drive?"
"A lamborghini murcielago lp6702483XY89LOL-4"

B:"What do you drive?

"A lamborghini reventon. It's styled after a jet and is a convertible."

Thanks. I'm voting now.
Synesthesia
If you don't like saying "Murcielago LP670-4 SV" you could just say "race prepped Murcielago" :-p

I'd totally vote for the M600, but I seriously doubt it's available in the US.
UserDrew
Or you can just say "I drive a Lamborghini" and they won't care what model it is because it's a Lamborghini and that would be the end of the story.
moe
The Reventon is for poseurs and collectors. The SV is for enthusiasts.

And Synesthesia, I'm in love with the M600. It's one of my favorite cars on sale right now, but the only thing I can find about it being in the US is when they were hot-weather testing it.

EDIT: Here's a poll I'm honestly surprised by. I though the Murci would've dominated.
SwissWhiskey
SV

Skip to 4:10
Bjorn
SV. Miles cooler than the Reventon.
Dr. Strangelove
I was supposed to drive that SV... head.gif
caster
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 15 2010, 12:35 AM) *
The Reventon is for poseurs and collectors. The SV is for enthusiasts.
Frederf
Can you change my vote to the Super Veloche?
clarkma5
God I fucking adore the LP-670 drool3.gif
moe
QUOTE(Frederf @ Mar 16 2010, 10:20 AM) *
Can you change my vote to the Super Veloche?

Done.
midnightdorifto
I know this will probably get me flamed, but I understand the Reventon. Heck, I'd probably be in the market for it if I could afford one. Granted, there would be a list of cars two miles long (literally, parked bumper-to-bumper) I'd probably rather buy than this, I get what they're after here and I love it. The car is pure automotive hedonism - all the passion and emotion wrapped in a seriously fantastic looking package. This is the car I drew back in 7th grade study hall come to life and for sale.

Figures, then, that I'd vote for the SV.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.