Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wacom Cintiq
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
mackey
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/12/wacom-c...-21ux-hands-on/

Wow, basically.

the disconnect between me looking at the monitor and my hand on the pen on a standard tablet drives me nuts, if i'm using a pen, I want to see exactly what i'm touching. Which is the main reason why i've never really used one.

This would be perfect for me...
RaymondN
Damn that's pricey. Appears to work very well though! I know what you're saying though, I've never tried out a Wacom, but the main reason I haven't picked one up is because I've never been much of an artist and can't imagine drawing "blankly" without seeing what I was doing. haha
TW0R
I'm on the other side of this. I love my regular wacom, and I have used a Cintiq before and I didn't like it as much. I'm sure it is because I'm not used to drawing with it angled up and looking down at a screen when its angled down, but that's just me. Did they show the back touchpads in the video? I didn't watch the whole thing. I'm interested to see those.
Nate047
pretty cool but for almost 2 grand I (and the other people who don't "draw God") won't be getting one anytime soon
Mike Boldt
I've been debating purchasing the smaller one for months now... By May I think I'll pull the trigger and purchase one.
porsche944
it was my understanding that on tablets that dont have screens, the curser moves with your stylus hovering like an inch above the surface, thus keeping it from being a "stab in the dark" Correct me if im wrong.
mackey
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Mar 15 2010, 06:35 AM) *
it was my understanding that on tablets that dont have screens, the curser moves with your stylus hovering like an inch above the surface, thus keeping it from being a "stab in the dark" Correct me if im wrong.

Right, there probably is some "drag" and some disconnect issues with it not being exactly like pen and paper, but it should be 20x better than using a tablet.
Matt_L
I have a Bamboo Fun and tried the Wacom Cintiq (or something similar, I was at someone's places and didn't notice the name), and both have their pros an cons. I love my bamboo because it's small and I can bring it pretty much anywere I go, but when you go from dual screen to single screen, you have to adapt to the size of the tablet VS monitor size, since it's related the surface of the tablet is referred to the monitor you are working on (it can be adjusted in the options). The Cintiq is weird at first, but with time you'd get use to it. I'd say overall, the Cintiq would be more precise, but you have to pay the price! My Bamboo is perfect for what I do and I don't feel I need the Cintiq, especially at that price!
Dave
This is pretty cool. I've been thinking about selling my Bamboo lately. I could never get into the tablet thing and it's been unplugged for two months or so.
Nike SB'd
QUOTE(Nate047 @ Mar 12 2010, 04:28 PM) *
pretty cool but for almost 2 grand I (and the other people who don't "draw God") won't be getting one anytime soon

Hell it's less money than your Eizo and twice as productive (acts as a monitor AND a tablet) wink.gif

I've been wanting one of these for a few months.
n1smo
Try it before you buy it.
I have my intuos4 and im happy with it.
Before i spent 2k on a cintiq, i prefer to buy a new lighting systems or maybe a 27" nec or eizo =)

I know some professionals that tried both and prefer a tablet because you see
the whole image, but with a cintiq there is always an obstructed view, your hand is always on
the screen.

Heard that quiet a lot.

Thread is a little older btw wink.gif
Dragos
i have too the intuos 4 and i love it! i never try the cintiq. n1smo is very right on this.....i would buy to some lights or a new lens or something smile.gif
DownShift Studios
The Intuos 4 is all you'll ever need. I have the large version, and its perfect. Smooth as butter. The Cintiq is cool but it runs too hot, and has overheating problems.... Not to mention its over priced.
mcdronkz
I'm going for an Intuos 4 too. I will probably only use it for modifying masks in Photoshop, so I don't know if it's really worth buying a tablet. But hell, we'll see.
DownShift Studios
Other than your camera equipment itself... The Intuous will be the next best investment... Trust me. If you spend any time at all in PS, this thing is a God sent.
Ruffles
You guys with Intuos4's going thru nibs? I tried one for a weekend and returned it. Seemed like I could never get the pressure right. I had to press really hard to draw solid lines and if I adjusted the pressure, then I could draw light lines. I've been thinking about trying it again. Maybe I was just a tard and didn't set it up right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.