Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rivatuner for Windows 7?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Easton
So i'm running Windows 7, I don't want to install Rivatuner because I don't want to go through the digital signature enforcement crap.

Just wondering if there are any other programs out there where I can manually decrease the RAM clock speeds on my 8800GT from 950mhz to 900mhz. Because it crashes when it runs at it's native speeds.
fiber optic
Do you have sufficient cooling for it? A card at stock speeds shouldn't crash.
b0mb3r
i have riva tuner installed on 7... i don't recall it giving me hard time.
Easton
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 12 2010, 12:07 AM) *
Do you have sufficient cooling for it? A card at stock speeds shouldn't crash.

no it's a "stock" overclocked card. Out the box it has an overclocked GPU and overclocked memory speeds. The overclocked GPU is fine, the overclocked memory causes crashing unless I notch it down by 50mhz.

Hmm ok, i'll just try and stick with Rivatuner then.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Easton @ Mar 11 2010, 06:25 PM) *
no it's a "stock" overclocked card. Out the box it has an overclocked GPU and overclocked memory speeds. The overclocked GPU is fine, the overclocked memory causes crashing unless I notch it down by 50mhz.

Hmm ok, i'll just try and stick with Rivatuner then.

Maybe it's defective. Is it still under warranty? If it's sold overclocked from the factory it should work without having to tune it down. I would call the card company.
Flaw
Does ForceWare Coolbits 2.0 work with your card/drivers? Its a pretty simple .reg tweak...
Easton
It is defective, isn't under warranty anymore. A few people had these problems so thats how I found out about how to avoid the issue. There were two programs people suggested, one was Rivatuner, there was another one as well i can't remember what the program was called. But it had a weird 3D cube thing that would spin around in the window as you adjust the settings.

I did email them but they didn't seem to care because the issue is too hard to confirm.

I didn't really mind because I could just lower the memory speeds before,
Seethegrim
Hey Easton

We're in the same boat with out 8-series cards. I have the 8800GTX & I've had endless problems with it ever since getting it. I even sent it back several times, but they always said it wasn't faulty. (yeah right).

You can use RivaTuner with W7. Its what I have running. Some things which have helped with my card:

1. The 8800's fan speed are set to a fixed 60%. No matter what the load is. Using RivaTuner, you can punch that up to 100% all the time. You will immediately notice a 20-odd degree drop in card temp. (going on using RivaTuners built in hardware monitor).

2. Notching the core clock & memory speeds back a tad (as you mentioned).

3. Almost all my problems come in from the 8800 & my Creative sound clashing on IRQ numbers. I've read that if you place your card on the top slot & your sound card on the bottom slot, you can try & force a different set of IRQ for both. I unfortunately can't do this step, as my 5.1 sound comes directly from my mobo... which has creative audio. Its a conflict I'll have till I change systems & would never have even known about it if not for having this combo.

And just for ease, here's the link for RivaTuner v2.24c : here or from here.
moe
Who would've known photographers could double as tech support? What resourceful fellows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.