Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY 2010: Luxury Sedans
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
For more on the DieselStation Car of the Year 2010 competition, please see this thread.

Bentley Mulsanne
Base MSRP:
$285,000
Available Engines: 6.8 liter turbo V8 with 505 HP with 752 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 8-speed automatic
Available Drivetrains: Rear wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: N/A
Curb Weight: 5700 lbs.

BMW ActiveHybrid 7-Series
Base MSRP:
$102,300
Available Engines: 4.4 liter ActiveHybrid twin-turbo V8 with 455 HP with 515 ft.-lbs of torque
EPA Fuel Economy: 15 City/22 Highway
Curb Weight: 4795 lbs.

Jaguar XJ
Base MSRP:
$72,500
Available Engines: 5.0 liter V8 with 385 HP with 380 ft.-lbs of torque, 5.0 liter Supercharged V8 with 470 HP with 424 ft.-lbs of torque, 5.0 liter Supercharged V8 with 510 HP and 461 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 6-speed automatic
EPA Fuel Economy: 16 City/23 Highway (XJ), 15/22 (XJL), 15/21 (XJ/XJL Supercharged/Supersport)
Curb Weight: 4045-4323 lbs.

Lexus LS460 Sport
Base MSRP:
$72,000
Available Engines: 4.6 liter V8 with 380 HP and 367 ft.-lbs of torque
EPA Fuel Economy: 16 City/24 Highway
Curb Weight: 4332 lbs.

Mercedes S400 Hybrid
Base MSRP:
$87,950
Available Engines: 3.5 liter hybrid V6 with 295 HP and 284 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 7-speed automatic
EPA Fuel Economy: 19 City/26 Highway
Curb Weight: 4390 lbs.

Rolls-Royce Ghost
Base MSRP:
$245,000
Available Engines: 6.6 liter V12 with 563 HP and 575 ft.-lbs of torque
EPA Fuel Economy: N/A
Curb Weight: 5445 lbs.

Razor
It's Mulsanne vs. Ghost, and I can't choose...
duality
I can never see myself buying a Rolls.

Jaaaaag
moe
I can't decide between the Bentley the Rolls and the Jag.
Synesthesia
^It's close for me, but I'd buy the Jag. I'm just not that into luxury sedans to spend >$200k for one and they just look so pretentious, especially the Rolls.
moe
I saw them all at the Dubai Motor Show, and the Rolls if far from pretentious. In fact, it's actually rather subtle-looking. Can't say the same about the Bentley, but it is gorgeous.
infinity
Jag.

Bentley & Rolls are too expensive and the BMW, Merc, and Lexus are too common and dull.
moe
The Jaguar is both beautiful and brilliant. When I saw it at the Motor Show, it was definitely one of the stars for me. It's gorgeous in person, and I believe the interior is the nicest I've ever sat in.

What I love about the Bentley is the old-school-ness of it. Also, most posers stayed the hell away from the Arnage, they went straight for the Continental. I suspect, it'll be much the same with the Mulsanne. It's also gorgeous.

I like the Rolls too. It's actually very subtle in person, and seems like a more cohesive design than the Phantom. The Phantoms looked positively vulgar and oversized on the stand next to it. Still, it doesn't look as special to me as the Jag or the Bentley.

I voted for the Jag, and then changed my own vote for the Bentley. I'm not really sure what I want to vote for, but for now it stays with the Bentley.
Razor
I ended up voting for the Mulsanne. That torque, that name, and that class... wow.
moe
If I remember correctly, the Mulsanne is hand-built. I think that seals my vote.
infinity
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 9 2010, 11:40 AM) *
I ended up voting for the Mulsanne. That torque, that name, and that class... wow.
It's gotta have that torque to get 3 tons of vehicle moving.
Razor
QUOTE(infinity @ Mar 9 2010, 11:54 AM) *
It's gotta have that torque to get 3 tons of vehicle moving.

The Rolls lacks that weighs nearly as much...
moe
Yeah, it really has nothing to do with the car's weight. It's kind of the Bentley thing to have obscene amounts of torque...which is fine by me really.
BlackJack
Jaggy.
Bjorn
For me it would come down between the Lexus and the Jaguar.

I think in the end, I would be happiest with the Lexus. Probably (but no longer definitely) more reliable, just as good looking (although for different reasons) as the Jag, and I think it will age better.
clarkma5
I wish the new A8 were in this...oh well, next year.

I went for the Mulsanne but the XJ is also quite appealing.
dukenukem
I vote for the Tata.
Mr b00st
XJ SuperSports SWB. I can't deny the appeal of the Jaaaaaaag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.