Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Technique & Tutorials
mackey
I apologize again for the delay.

Here they are:

This poll will expire Thursday Evening.
mackey
added one more that I forgot sad.gif
Synesthesia
Post the original maybe? It's not in the original thread either.
mackey
Sorry, I removed everything from that folder on my server, I'll get it up shortly, I wish I could reset the judging, because the entry I forgot I tend to like better than the one I voted for.

Blasphemy... sorry!!!!!
TW0R
Pointer on whoever did the first one: to get rid of the ghosting of the car that the blur causes, use 3 blur layers. One with a very small amount of blur, so there is no ghosting at all of the car, a medium amount of blur on the second one, and then the most blur. Layer them wit the smallest on the bottom and the biggest on the top, and then mask them all together. Should make a real consistent blur.

I also would like to see the original image before I vote =)
Tony Yeung
Why don't you just close the thread and start a new one? This way it will be fair?
Possible hero
QUOTE(TW0R @ Mar 9 2010, 07:14 PM) *
Pointer on whoever did the first one: to get rid of the ghosting of the car that the blur causes, use 3 blur layers. One with a very small amount of blur, so there is no ghosting at all of the car, a medium amount of blur on the second one, and then the most blur. Layer them wit the smallest on the bottom and the biggest on the top, and then mask them all together. Should make a real consistent blur.

I also would like to see the original image before I vote =)

OOO thanks for the tip good sir smile.gif.

I bet that would work MUCH better!
mackey
QUOTE(Tony Yeung @ Mar 9 2010, 07:20 PM) *
Why don't you just close the thread and start a new one? This way it will be fair?

The last entry preferred not to, so i didn't do it based on his request.
Seethegrim
Here's the orig RAW file with default preset (as shot):

Possible hero
Not sure who did the one with the rain. But you left the trees in the drivers window.... smile.gif
GFWilliams
It's fair to say that this is quite close....
mackey
In a nice come from behind victory, Seagram Pearce's entry wins by 2 votes!
GFWilliams
Well Done Seagram!

I thought I might have got that for a minute - I did number 4 smile.gif
Seethegrim
Ive nominated GFWilliams to start the next challenge.
GFWilliams
Thanks Seagram smile.gif

I'll post up the next one after the weekend biggrin.gif
AmuseGT1
I did the one in the rain but I must say I prefer the winners version over mine thumbs_up.gif

In for the next challenge smile.gif
GFWilliams
I've been caught up with work - too much to do and too little time sad.gif

I'll post the next one up as soon as I get a chance though
Synesthesia
^Heh, the story of my life! Nice work guys, that was a hard source image. Kudos to GFWilliams and Amuse for the most daring Photoshoppery. I voted for Seagram's though... not as daring, but more successful imo.
Seethegrim
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Mar 16 2010, 03:12 AM) *
^Heh, the story of my life! Nice work guys, that was a hard source image. Kudos to GFWilliams and Amuse for the most daring Photoshoppery. I voted for Seagram's though... not as daring, but more successful imo.

lol, thats because I only had about 20minutes to give this image some lovin. I entered to keep the people numbers up.
mackey
I'll come up with a better source next time, I wanted something that was tough, apparently I chose too hard, lol. Goodwork everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.