Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crysis 2
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Flaw
QUOTE(TechSpot.com)
Not a whole lot to read, but at least something nice to see. Crytek released today the first two official screenshots of upcoming first person shooter Crysis 2. The title is slated for release later this year and unlike its predecessor it will no longer be a PC exclusive, with plans to make a simultaneous launch for the PC, Xbox and PS3 platforms. Crysis 2 will use Crytek’s proprietary graphics engine that is expected to be further showcased during next week's Game Developers Conference.

Crysis was known for taking a big toll on PC hardware. More likely than not, Crytek developers will have learned a good lesson about scalability this time around. Either way, the screenshots look nothing short of amazing, showing some city destruction and fighting scenes with an incredible level of detail. Certainly look forward playing this before the end of the year.

(Click for full)

I'm glad the consoles are getting a port and not the other way around (like so many games these days) tongue.gif I can't wait to see it in action, preferably in full HD.
BlackJack
Eh. I know those are only artistic images and not the real thing, so I'll wait thanks.
Halflifehavock13
Regardless, the mere mention of a crysis sequel makes my computer shiver in fear. I think my video card might kill itself if I buy it.
b0mb3r
lol crysis 2 on PS3 ahahahahaha smile.gif
Aircooled
My dual 4870s even quiver at this shit.
Razor
I overclocked my ATI Radeon X1600 today and now I can play Oblivion at almost full res at a half-decent framerate! \o/

... sad.gif
BlackJack
My 9800GT with 1gig ram probably would play this. It played the first Crysis and GTAIV at the max settings so it could probably handle this.
b0mb3r
QUOTE(BlackJack @ Mar 9 2010, 11:23 AM) *
My 9800GT with 1gig ram probably would play this. It played the first Crysis and GTAIV at the max settings so it could probably handle this.

you played Crysis with max settings on 9800GT? my SLI 250 has hard time with anything about high settings in crysis...
BlackJack
Yeap. Upgrade both to 9800GT with 1gig memory each. biggrin.gif That's what I plan to do when I get my refund.

Well, I meant I would get another 9800GT and a SLI motherboard for moi.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.