Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Stefan GP get an F1 entry for 2010?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
tune
So now that USF1 are out of the game I guess the question is will Stefan GP get an entry?

I think there is a good chance for them, but not sure how it might work - would they get special dispensation to carry out a test? Unlikely.
But they they could do a shakedown/photography day.

If this was last season and Mosely was still in charge, I would say they don't have a chance, but Todt seems more reasonable, but ultimately it comes down to FOTA agreeing and Ecclestone's ego.

I would have preferred to see USF1 on the grid, but am intrigued by the Stefan car in that it should be reasonably good.
Dr. Strangelove
I hope so, but I really don't like Stephan GP.
Dr. Strangelove
FIA just released the official entry list and Stephan is not on it.
clarkma5
It's Stefan, Dr. S, not Stephan...
Dr. Strangelove
Meh. Spell it however you want, they still aren't going to race.
clarkma5
Indeed...

In a vaguely related thought, how ridiculous is it that Campos META has changed its name to Hispania with less than two weeks until Bahrain but BMW Sauber is still called BMW Sauber even though BMW has nothing to do with the team?
moe
^ Hasn't BMW provided them with at least some financial backing? I thought either they provided a some financial assistance, and if not it's probably because they funded the development of the new car.
tune
Lol pretty pointless poll.
Marien
The fact that Sauber has remained the BMW name has to to with TV-earnings that are based on the last few years. If they changed their name, they would lose those earnings. IIRC.
tune
Good point - but Brawn managed to get around that last year...
Dr. Strangelove
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but let me just say. FORMULA ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w000000000000000000000000000000tttttttttttttttttttt!

Going to watch the race in San Diego with a big group of F1 fans. Can't effing wait! Unfortunately that means I won't be able to watch Practice or quali, so I'll be basing my predictions on what I read.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.