Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY 2010: Executive Sedans
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
For more on the DieselStation Car of the Year 2010 competition, please see this thread.

Buick LaCrosse
Base MSRP:
$27,085
Available Engines: 3.0 liter V6 with 255 HP and 217 ft.-lbs of torque, 3.6 liter V6 with 280 HP and 259 ft.-lbs of torque.
Available Transmissions: 6-speed automatic
Available Drivetrains: Front wheel drive, all wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 17 City/26 Highway (3.0 FWD), 17/27 (3.6 FWD), 16/25 (3.6 AWD)
Curb Weight: 3929-4196 lbs.

Ford Taurus
Base MSRP:
$25,170
Available Engines: 3.5 liter V6 with 263 HP and 249 ft.-lbs of torque, 3.5 liter turbocharged V6 with 365 HP and 350 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 6-speed auto
Available Drivetrains: Front wheel drive, all wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 18 City/28 Highway (FWD), 17/25 (AWD & SHO)
Curb Weight: 4015-4368 lbs.

Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Base MSRP:
$48,160
Available Engines: 3.5 liter turbocharged V6 with 355 HP with 350 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 6-speed automatic
Available Drivetrains: All wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 17 City/25 Highway
Curb Weight: 4305 lbs.

[/IMG]

Mercedes E-Class
Base MSRP:
$48,600
Available Engines: 3.5 liter V6 with 268 HP with 258 ft.-lbs of torque, 5.5 liter V8 with 382 HP and 391 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 7-speed automatic
Available Drivetrains: Rear wheel drive, all wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 18 City/26 Highway (E350), 17/24 (E350 4Matic), 16/24 (E55)
Curb Weight: 4034-4145 lbs.

Synesthesia
Nissan 370Z Roadster? Well these options suck. The Ford I guess?
duality
E class. The rest fail in comparison.
Bjorn
I dunno, nothing about the E class really makes me sit up and take notice.

The LaCrosse is pretty, but still, not stirring anything inside me, Same with the MKS.

The Taurus on the other hand, looks nice, is apparently very good to drive, and available in SHO trim, which makes me kinda smile a little bit inside. All other Tauri (plural of Taurus?) owe this car for making their nameplate less shitty.
moe
I can't decide between the Buick, the Ford, and the Mercedes.

EDIT: If someone told me right now I could have any car in any configuration here, I'd grab the SHO. I'd only take the E-class over it as an AMG, which isn't competing here, so I voted for the Ford.
fiber optic
How do I decide between the Taurus and the Lincoln?
moe
The Lincoln is softer, uglier (not to say it's bad looking), costs more and has less power (EcoBoost vs SHO), and has a worse interior. I think it's a forgone conclusion.
dukenukem
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 1 2010, 04:08 PM) *

Mix it up, vote for the Mercedes.
Razor
There is only one clear winner here.
clarkma5
The E-Class is really nice but it's so much more expensive...the Taurus is the best for the dough by far.
Bjorn
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 1 2010, 04:08 PM) *

Would you like to save $10,000?

SHO MSRP is $38K ish.
UserDrew
For the first time in my life I like a Buick but it isn't what I voted for. I like the engine options since they are on par with my nerdy power-displacement requirements and I like the looks but I couldn't get passed the lack of a manual transmission. I know it isn't a big deal for this segment but I get to chose my own points to vote on. I should vote based on things the general buyers in this market look for but that would probably go against what appeals to me. If I did fit in their class I would probably go for the Mercedes or the Lincoln because they have the image of the high end market cars and have a price tag that goes with the image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.