Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY 2010: Versatility
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
Cadillac CTS Sports Wagon
Base MSRP:
$38.265
Available Engines: 3.0 liter V6 with 270 HP with 223 ft.-lbs of torque, 3.6 liter V6 with 304 HP and 273 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 6-speed automatic
Available Drivetrains: Rear wheel drive, all wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 18 City/27 Highway (3.0 RWD), 18/26 (all other models)
Curb Weight: 4212 lbs.

Ford Transit Connect
Base MSRP:
$21,135
Available Engines: 2.0 liter I-4 with 136 HP and 128 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 4-speed automatic
Available Drivetrains: Front wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 22 City/25 highway
Curb Weight: 3360-3425 lbs.

moe
The Transit and the CTS were tied after the voting period (actually a little longer than the voting period) ended. I debated between crowning them joint winners and having a tie-breaker round, but decided a tie-breaker would be more interesting.
Synesthesia
We're voting for cars in the United States. The Transit Van is just so much more significant than a wagon that hardly anyone will buy.
Bjorn
^Agreed.

I think the CTS wagon is awesome, but I would direct Cadillac to the Wikipedia.org entry for "Dodge Magnum." Another cool wagon that people are just not interested in.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Feb 28 2010, 10:21 AM) *
^Agreed.

I think the CTS wagon is awesome, but I would direct Cadillac to the Wikipedia.org entry for "Dodge Magnum." Another cool wagon that people are just not interested in.

That's because the magnum is a flaming pile if shit.
Bjorn
The 300 is basically the same car, and sells pretty well, so I don't think it's a quality issue.

I think the Magnum flopped because Americans generally don't seem to want wagons. Which kinda sucks for us Canadians since we pretty much get what is sold in the US market. If a car has a wagon variant (excluding BMWs and Mercedes' for some reason) in Canada it pretty much sells as well as (Audi A4, Volvo V70/V50), if not better (Subaru Legacy/Impreza) than the sedan.
moe
The CTS will take your kids to soccer practice, the dog to the vet, and then you to the track. And even if you don't need any of that, just look at it. It's gorgeous.

Besides, this is DS. When's the last time we measured how good a car was in terms of market success?
infinity
This thread makes me lol. I can't believe we're breaking a tie between these two completely different heaps of dung.
moe
^ Heh. I apologize for being slow with other polls. Midterms sprang up on me. I'll have a few days free starting this evening, and heavy rains mean I should probably have nothing better to do. Expect more DSCOTY action tonight.
dukenukem
Lol "heavy" rains.
Dr. Strangelove
Cmon guys. The TC is a great vehicle! The CTS another in a long line of cars that try to do everything, but excels at nothing. The TC is designed for work, and I think it does it better than anything else out there.
infinity
Exactly. The TC is designed for work. Not versatility. The CTS, although a huge fail, is designed to be versatile.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 28 2010, 12:45 PM) *
The CTS will take your kids to soccer practice, the dog to the vet, and then you to the track. And even if you don't need any of that, just look at it. It's gorgeous.

Besides, this is DS. When's the last time we measured how good a car was in terms of market success?

A stock CTS is hardly a track car. So this car basically can do one thing. Carry people and/or stuff. How versatile.
caster
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Mar 1 2010, 03:22 PM) *
A stock CTS is hardly a track car. So this car basically can do one thing. Carry people and/or stuff. How versatile.

Although I will agree that the non-Sport Package ones make you feel like you're driving on a cloud, the Sport Package ones are a totally different story. Saw this car the other day and its gorgeous. Really there should be no question between the Ford Transit and the CTS, CTS ftw.
moe
Don't read too much into the category name. I called it versatility because ALL of the vehicles in the segment can take on various different roles. It was better than calling it the wagons/vans/giant ugly hatchbacks category.
Synesthesia
Haha yeah I know... whatever... tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.