Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ugliest cars in the world
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Pages: 1, 2
moe
Savage 25 and I were just talking about this. DS used to have a thread about the ugliest cars ever made, so I'm bringing it back. Lets skip the Aztek, PT Loser, and Rodius, they've been done to death.

fiber optic
Lincoln MKT
dukenukem
Acura TL - new one
moe
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Feb 25 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Acura TL - new one

I thought about it, started looking for pictures to post, then realized...well crap, it's grown on me. The facelifted RL is still pretty ugly though.
Razor
The X6 is, in no way, shape, or form, on the same level as the Pontiac Aztek. I'm sorry, but that's simply a ridiculous claim, opinion or not.
moe
^ None of these cars are quite as bad as the Rodius or the Aztek (well the Element is). But the X6 is definitely is in the same realm of ugly as the Aztek, sorry if that's hard for you to swallow, but that's how I see it. And before anyone points it out, yes, I did think it was cool and that it had "presence" for a while...all I can say is, I was smoking some good shit.
moe

fiber optic
Yes, that Subaru thing. I couldn't remember what it was called. Do they even make that anymore?

They do, the Tribeca. It's not as ugly as it once was but it looks like a dang Dodge minivan (bland as balls).
Cyclone
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 25 2010, 11:42 AM) *
The X6 is, in no way, shape, or form, on the same level as the Pontiac Aztek. I'm sorry, but that's simply a ridiculous claim, opinion or not.

You're right. The Aztek, despite being ugly, is quite a useful crossover. The X6 however is a total useless yuppie piece of ugly shit that just shows people are willing to spend money on dumb shit to prove they have money.
Razor
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Feb 25 2010, 01:32 PM) *
You're right. The Aztek, despite being ugly, is quite a useful crossover. The X6 however is a total useless yuppie piece of ugly shit that just shows people are willing to spend money on dumb shit to prove they have money.

The X6 M can take an E46 M3 on a track... I've seen it with my own eyes.
Synesthesia
Meh, I don't find the Element to be that offensive. I don't want one, but I wouldn't consider it one of the ugliest cars in the world.
Marien
I'm with Razor, the X6 isn't that bad.

I also disagree with the 5 series GT.
infinity
X6 and 5GT aren't pretty, but I certainly wouldn't say they're one of the "ugliest cars in the world" by any means...

Also:
http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?...c=31069&hl=
Razor
QUOTE(Marien @ Feb 25 2010, 04:48 PM) *
I also disagree with the 5 series GT.

Have you seen one of those in person? I saw one in the BMW booth at Lime Rock Park. Pretty hideous in the flesh. It's an absolute hulk of a car that looks like a bloated Bangle.
redls1bird
Im not sure how all of these companies thought that these hatchback things were going to be the next hawt thing, but i dont see them catching on. Personally, I must agree, the X6 is disgusting.
trump

Every time I see somebody with this, I die a little on the inside
clarkma5
I like the X6, Tribeca (though it is fail in photos), and Element quite a lot. Completely ambivalent about the Skoda Roomster.

MKT definitely deserves to be here IMO along with the Crosstour. New RL is fail too. I'm digging the new TL though, actually. And, oh god, the RDX...oh god...

Marien
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 26 2010, 01:44 AM) *
Have you seen one of those in person? I saw one in the BMW booth at Lime Rock Park. Pretty hideous in the flesh. It's an absolute hulk of a car that looks like a bloated Bangle.

Yeah, I've seen them. I might be a minority here on DS, but I kinda liked the whole Bangle styling. It had it's ups and down, but on the whole I thought he did fine.
Savage_25
i agree with moe, I'm sorry but that X6 is completely useless i get the feeling they didn't know how else to make another SUV so someone decided "hey, wait we did an SUV that looks like a sedan from the front now lets make one that has a sedan rear end" its ugly.
moe
I find the RDX pretty inoffensive, and the Tribeca WAS pretty ugly. The facelift fixed that...it isn't bad at all now.
moe

Not sure how I forgot this.
duality

moe
Hahaha, the Multipla. I do like it, I have to admit, but it is pretty ugly. I love the XLR though, regardless of how worthless it is.

And this...I think this is the ultimate winner...

duality
i dunno...this would be silver medal maybe?

ps. my friend's mom had a multipla..it was comfy and funky lol.
moe
I saw the SSC in person yesterday night at Dubai Mall (part of a promotional display a supercar dealer was doing), and it looked completely badass. Pictures really don't do that car justice.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 26 2010, 03:53 PM) *
I saw the SSC in person yesterday night at Dubai Mall (part of a promotional display a supercar dealer was doing), and it looked completely badass. Pictures really don't do that car justice.

The SSC isn't so ugly as it is really chintzy.

But moe, that Swiss supercar that looks like a melted rectangular prism IS the ugliest car in the world.
moe
QUOTE(Razor @ Feb 25 2010, 10:41 PM) *
The X6 M can take an E46 M3 on a track... I've seen it with my own eyes.

Doesn't justify its existence...or make it less ugly.
Pez

sick.gif
Savage_25
What is that????
it hurts my eyes
moe
PT Loser
dukenukem
Pretty much everything made by Rinspeed.
AP2FTW
i win

UserDrew
Doesn't the Aurora always win these threads?

I agree with Duality on the Multipla but differ with the XLR.
Pez
QUOTE(Savage_25 @ Feb 28 2010, 09:39 AM) *
What is that????
it hurts my eyes

The most hideous beast known to man.

The PT Cruiser
moe
QUOTE(AP2FTW @ Mar 2 2010, 08:46 AM) *
i win

No you don't. That may be a terrible paintjob, but the Viper is a beautiful car. Lets stick to stock cars please.
duality
in no way is the viper a beautiful car. its bulky, proportions are off, front looks like a swollen face and the rear a fat ass.
moe
QUOTE(duality @ Mar 2 2010, 06:00 PM) *
in no way is the viper a beautiful car. its bulky, proportions are off, front looks like a swollen face and the rear a fat ass.

What you don't like a big ass? Maybe beautiful is pushing it for the current model, but I don't think there can be much debate about the first-gen GTS. It had curves in all the right places, and was beautifully proportioned. To each his own I suppose.
clarkma5
The current viper is a great looking car, particularly in coupe form, particularly in ACR form.
UserDrew
Once again, the Aurora always takes it in these sorts of discussions.

fiber optic
I think the Spyker C8 is rather ugly.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Mar 3 2010, 10:37 AM) *
I think the Spyker C8 is rather ugly.

I second this. It's hideous. I have to give it to Spyker though, the C12 is significantly better.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(duality @ Mar 2 2010, 06:00 AM) *

As an American car, it just works. If Aston, or Lambo, or Nissan released it, maybe it wouldn't be considered attractive.
duality
i guess you're right. the viper is certainly a very imposing car...i love it's aggressive stance. as a muscle car, it's awesome and just works...but tis not beautiful.

i really don't like this mini

MustangAficionado
QUOTE(duality @ Mar 3 2010, 07:11 PM) *
i guess you're right. the viper is certainly a very imposing car...i love it's aggressive stance. as a muscle car, it's awesome and just works...but tis not beautiful.

i really don't like this mini

I agree
moe
Oh good call on the Clubman, they can be particularly revolting in certain colors.
Lancer007
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 4 2010, 07:43 AM) *
Oh good call on the Clubman, they can be particularly revolting in certain colors.

sick.gif
BlackJack
I can safely say this wins:

Source
infinity
eek.gif

/thread.
Razor
The name is almost as horrifying as the car itself.

Sbarro (like the foodcourt and airport fast food pizza chain) Autobau, lol.
moe
Dude, that thing is awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.