Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photoshop Content #4
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Technique & Tutorials
mackey
Do what you will. You will be voted on by your peers. Please bare in mind that this is my picture, you don't have the rights to sell it out and give it away to anyone, please keep postings on this forum.

First rule of this battle:
1. There are no real rules, do whatever you want, just remember you'll be judged by your peers and other competitors.
2. Posted pictures should have a resolution no larger than 1200px in width
3. Every picture posted, regardless of final or not, should have this DS logo I created. (It's a PNG File, Right Click Save As) Download Here
4. All entries should be emailed to me, mackey (at) mackeydesigns.com. I'll assign you a random number.
5. Deadline: Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 (I will post entries the following day)

RAW FILE LINK: http://www.mackeydesigns.com/uploads/DS/DS4.NEF (right click, save as)

Resized 1000px JPEG
Konrad Janicki
working on my entry smile.gif
Seethegrim
What is that car!? It looks like a BMW gone wrong. tongue.gif

But awesome, glad the contest isn't dying out!
Nate047
LOL it's an Infiniti that's been absolutely butchered to high hell
Swams555
Thats the Turbo Inifiiti FX This Is Nasty.. Wheels arnt great tho.. Working on it Not going to be Spectacular I promise you that
GFWilliams
Entry sent biggrin.gif

Hopefully I get more than one vote this time... sad.gif
Chebs
I'll not be participating in this one. I just don't have the skills to polish this turd into something even half decent! Can the winner please post a proper photo next time rather than just a snapshot?
mackey
QUOTE(//deanphoto @ Feb 25 2010, 09:14 AM) *
I'll not be participating in this one. I just don't have the skills to polish this turd into something even half decent! Can the winner please post a proper photo next time rather than just a snapshot?

Ouch.

Who said the photo had to be something of substantial quality? Most of my newer stuff is all tied up in print. I had no issues editing this set. The raw file is there.
GFWilliams
QUOTE(//deanphoto @ Feb 25 2010, 05:14 PM) *

Stop being rude Dean - If I can have a go, you defiantly can wink.gif
Chebs
Sorry old chap, it wasn't meant to come accross like that!

Nobody said it had to be of a certain quality although, another member on a different thread had posted a view similar to mine (think it was after the Mustang shot).

Just goes to show that my PS skills are lacking really, I only play with little adjustment layers, in fact the first time I ever dropped a car into another scene was your last contest!

I'm still not enetering though tongue.gif

And again, I'm sorry that it came accross as rude, wasn't meant to!
Possible hero
Omg all the reflections and light sources on this truck are going to be the end of me lol. eek.gif
Seethegrim
This is going to be a toughie no doubt...
Martin
I agree with dean. I'm interested to develop my editing (something I actually can use) and not pasting and changing the object to make the pic look decent. Regarding to this there's no reason for me to enter either.
mackey
I might suggest we select stock car pictures from Diesel's website collection next.
Possible hero
You guys could just do it for fun? rishi.gif
Seethegrim
QUOTE(mackey @ Feb 26 2010, 07:59 PM) *
I might suggest we select stock car pictures from Diesel's website collection next.

Meh, if we do that, then the challenge has lost it's point completely. It's meant to be a challenge to try new things in PS, try work through unexpected difficulties, etc. Thats how we learn & grow.
Taking a great pic thats already been retouched to almost perfection, then just each of us applying a few of our own special treatments is going to be super boring.

EDIT: Perhaps this image is just a bit too daunting as regards the amount of work it's going to need. For most, a mountain of work isn't always considered 'fun'. I enjoy the challenge. It's not everyone's cup of tea to be challenged.
Konrad Janicki
I'm out, don't have the time to finish my entry ;/ maybe next time
nismo
Jesus, how many times has the owner changed the color on this beast?
mackey
QUOTE(nismo @ Mar 2 2010, 12:26 PM) *
Jesus, how many times has the owner changed the color on this beast?

twice i think, well, it was silver, then this blue, maybe it had an original stock color prior to that?
Possible hero
Mackey did you get a email from me?
GFWilliams
Come on Mackey - Lets have a poll wink.gif
mackey
Yea, sorry, a little behind on stuff. will be posted soon.
Seethegrim
*whistles*
Possible hero
Im really curious to see what you pros did. I bet mine to gonna be a epic fail compared to yours lols.
mackey
I'll get this up tomorrow morning. I decided to take a break from being on the PC so much and spend time with some family and friends over the weekend, I got caught up with work last week.

Voting will be posted tomorrow. sorry again for the delay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.