Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Riced out S2000 :) New mods done, more to come.
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TheChazz
So some of you remember when I joined this forum a couple of months ago I had a Bagged Z24 and I had just bought an 05 S2000.

Well I SOLD THE CAVALIER! and Put that money to good use Ricing my S2k out:D

Im pretty sure the car is NOT the taste of most of you, Sorry!

caster
The wheels aren't too bad, I like them, but I feel that I'd (personally) get sick of them after a while. I can't really tell if its red mesh under the hood or just some red stuff blocking it? I feel like mesh would serve a better purpose (and look better too)...As long as you're happy though thumbs_up.gif

Any performance mods done? I don't remember if it was dropped before or not, but height + stance is nice!
Synesthesia
^Well he admitted to it being rice, so I'm guessing no performance improvements...
hexagone
Way to ruin a perfectly good car. The wheels are tacky, and the rolling job on those fenders looks like it was done haphazardly with a bat. I wouldn't be surprised if you had all sorts of rubbing going on with those chunky tires within that narrow fender gap. The hood also looks downright cheap.

You did say riced out after all. Another case of money not buying you taste.
moe
My ISP has blocked the photos under the filter "Ricer Content."
TheChazz
Rolling was done with a Roller...

No rubbing at all.

Yes Its mesh, Its a popular S2K mod.

And correct, no submittable performance as of yet, However that's in the plans for this year.
Razor
QUOTE(hexagone @ Feb 22 2010, 12:48 AM) *

Just like stretch'n'slam!
dukenukem
QUOTE(hexagone @ Feb 21 2010, 11:48 PM) *
Way to ruin a perfectly good car. The wheels are tacky, and the rolling job on those fenders looks like it was done haphazardly with a bat. I wouldn't be surprised if you had all sorts of rubbing going on with those chunky tires within that narrow fender gap. The hood also looks downright cheap.

Dr. Strangelove
porsche944
i ilke the wheels...
TheChazz
Thanks for the input, I think the Red will flow much better after the Wrap. We will see....
Aircooled
bleh.gif
dcho
horrible taste.
nismo
You should really join S2KI and take pointers from the gallery section.
Dr. Strangelove
He's on S2Ki. Same screen name.
TheChazz
QUOTE(nismo @ Feb 23 2010, 01:23 PM) *
You should really join S2KI and take pointers from the gallery section.

A Majority of S2Ki likes it...
Altostratus
did you fucking cut holes in the oem hood?
b0mb3r
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Feb 22 2010, 09:20 AM) *

ahahahahaha
good one
not a fan of those big wheels... it just looks odd
TheChazz
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Feb 25 2010, 12:29 AM) *
did you fucking cut holes in the oem hood?

Yes,

Much like many many of the other S2k owners....
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...324009&st=0

Big wheels, I know. I like them. They will "fill in" much better with the Lip, Side and Rear Diffusers.

Wrap goes on SAT.
Synesthesia
How is that tow hook/loop attached?
Dr. Strangelove
Thats where the OEM one goes.
TheChazz
OEM Towloops in OEM location.
Synesthesia
Well I don't own an S2000 so that's pretty meaningless to me. I was just curious because visually it looks glued to the bumper.
TheChazz
Oh no, They are Caps that cover the Stock location, I just dremeled them out so the Thread would go though.
infinity
Who are Caps?
TheChazz
My friends.
porsche944
i wonder why im the only one with a pic in my sig hur durr
TheChazz
????
Razor
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Mar 1 2010, 12:47 AM) *
i wonder why im the only one with a pic in my sig hur durr

QUOTE(TheChazz @ Mar 1 2010, 09:12 PM) *
????

I lol'd hard.
Altostratus
This thread needs more umberto.
TheChazz
Well finished up a little more rice, Threw on a spoiler too omgz

The shoot:

http://www.thechazz.com/s2kwrapped

And some of the shoot of me and Mike:

nismo
I'm confused with the color of the wrap. Is it matte? It looks glossy in some, then matte in the others, but that could be the rain. Daytime pictures?
TheChazz
Yes Matte Gunmetal and its wet in some shots due to the rain. The actual finish looks like suede almost.
Dr. Strangelove
I will say that the wrap looks pretty good. How much did it cost? Are you happy with the work? Can you tell it's a wrap in some of the tighter areas.

Wraps are pretty interesting to me, so I would really like to hear about your experience.
TheChazz
Material cost came out right at $800... Did the install myself. I'm not happy with the mouth of the front bumper, Was tired and frustrated when I did it and it shows, However if your paying a shop I expect the finish would be flawless. You would be looking at 1300-1800 installed at a shop and a 1-2 Day install

Also, here are the progress pics: http://www.thechazz.com/s2kwrap
TheChazz
Lip came in, Wrapped and installed it. Did some touch up on the rest of the wrap. Still have a little more to do. On with the pics:

infinity
bleh.gif Good God I have never seen an S2K butchered so badly
moe
I don't think it's that bad. The only part I find truly offensive is the tow hook thing at the front.
Razor
The only part of it I find truly offensive is that god-awful rear camber. To each his own, though, I suppose.
Altostratus
fail.
nismo
Other than the wheels, I don't hate it.
Altostratus
the wheels look like dubs on it.
the wrap looks like it was installed by a cerebral palsy sufferer.
porsche944
I'm pretty sure this justifies the 2nd coming of Umberto. Does anyone have the picture saved?
nismo
Some bronze RE30's would really make this car a hundred times better looking, or black RPF01s.
Dr. Strangelove
What is Umberto?
nismo
QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ Mar 22 2010, 08:02 PM) *
What is Umberto?

It's a random mexican guy from a picture someone took at an auto show admiring a sports car, he was wearing a mechanic uniform, and we didnt know his name, so they named him Umberto. Then it became tradition to photoshop him into pictures of riced out cars.
TheChazz
Sorry to those of you that dont like it. The wrap was installed by myself. Not Perfect but pretty damn good. Please point out the imperfections in question.

As for the wheels, I like them. They are only for DD, I have a Set of Matte Black AP1V1s here for track use. Ill post shots with them mounted next time I mount them.
Cyclone
Yeah, no. Your car looks like ass and I can never look at another S2000 the same way again. Also, what in the name of holy fucking shit were you thinking with that tow hook? Were you looking at your car "Hmmm, wonder how i can make this look even worse and like I spent $5 at AutoZone and $1 at home depot for some super glue?"

Please enlighten me, I want to know what goes through the heads of people while they're butchering the looks of their cars.
TheChazz
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 23 2010, 03:48 PM) *
Yeah, no. Your car looks like ass and I can never look at another S2000 the same way again. Also, what in the name of holy fucking shit were you thinking with that tow hook? Were you looking at your car "Hmmm, wonder how i can make this look even worse and like I spent $5 at AutoZone and $1 at home depot for some super glue?"

Please enlighten me, I want to know what goes through the heads of people while they're butchering the looks of their cars.

The towhook is OEM jackass, I only powdercoated it. Now go eat your own ass and stfu.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(TheChazz @ Mar 23 2010, 08:51 PM) *
The towhook is OEM jackass, I only powdercoated it. Now go eat your own ass and stfu.

I'd be careful if I were you, you're the one with the rice here... it's kind of asking a lot to expect people to be nice. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.