Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY 2010: Performance SUVs
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
For more on the DieselStation Car of the Year 2010 competition, please see this thread.

Acura ZDX
Base MSRP:
$45,595
Available Engines: 3.7 liter SOHC V6 with 300 HP and 270 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: 6-speed automatic
Available Drivetrains: All wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 16 City/23 Highway
Curb Weight: 4410-4452 lbs.

BMW X5 M
Base MSRP:
$85,500
Available Engines: 4.4 liter twin-turbo V8 with 555 HP with 500 ft.-lbs of torque
EPA Fuel Economy: 13 City/18 Highway
Curb Weight: 5368 lbs.

BMW X6 M
Base MSRP:
$89,000
Available Engines: 4.4 liter twin-turbo V8 with 555 HP with 500 ft.-lbs of torque
EPA Fuel Economy: 13 City/18 highway
Curb Weight: 5324 lbs.

Range Rover Sport
Base MSRP:
$60,485
Available Engines: 5.0 liter V8 with 375 HP and 375 ft.-lbs of torque, 5.0 liter supercharged V8 with 510 HP and 461ft.-lbs of torque
Available Drivetrains: Four wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 13 City/18 Highway
Curb Weight: 5540 lbs.

Aircooled
X5M handily.

Not sure if the ZDX or X6M belong in this category, as they more crossover like.
Razor
I saw the X6 M rounding Lime Rock, pulling more G's than my R32 could. What a phenomenal piece of engineering.
SwissWhiskey
X5M, small difference between the X6M and X5M performance-wise. X5M looks better. I like the stock X6 more.
moe
The BMWs are a travesty to the M badge, I can't vote for them, it's just wrong.

I love the ZDX's concepty styling, but I've spent a lot of time driving a Range Sport Supercharged, and it's honestly one of my favorite vehicles. Great to just cruise around in, fun to drive if you hustle it a bit, plenty fast, and seriously capable off-road. You also feel damned special driving it. The new one has an even better interior, and the Supercharged is very, very quick.
fiber optic
The BMWs are vehicles that should have never been built and the Acura is ugly. So the Range Rover wins by default.
dukenukem
This category is an oxymoron.
BlackJack
No choice but the RR.

The BMWs are beyond ugly. Whoever designed them should be fired.
clarkma5
I've seen a lot of X5 Ms around and I like them a lot. The X6 M, not nearly as much (though to be honest I'd have paired them as mechanical twins because...they are).
infinity
How can the RR 5.0L be in two categories?

I realize the "normal" RR can be had with the 5.0L, but it seems like some kind of unfair advantage?

Also the ZDX is ugly, X6M is awkward, so it came down to the X5M and RR for me. I think I'd rather have the X5M cause RRs are everywhere.
clarkma5
It's the Sport, not the Range Rover, they're technically different models.
infinity
Yeah...fair enough I suppose.

I'd much prefer the X5M over the RR Sport.

Now the normal RR with the 5.0L would be a tougher call...

I remember seeing the Top Gear when they reviewed the Sport and basically said it's completely pointless cause you can have the normal one with the 5.0L, better equipped, for less $$$ than the RR Sport.
dukenukem
X5M for being not so ugly and totally insane.
Bjorn
RRS, because it's the least loathsome.

BMW's M badge's credit dropped significantly in my eyes when they put the M badge on a couple of SUVs.

BTW, isn't the ZDX a Honda Crosstour with a different body?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.