Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pen tablets
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
Timr
Looking to buy one, I know a decent amount of the members on here own these. What are some common digital Pen tablets that you guys have had good luck with?
Nike SB'd
For a starter tablet checkout the Wacom Bamboo. I don't use/haven't used tablets but I intend to do so shortly.
JustinCesler
I have an older generation Wacom Intuos 2 and it is a GREAT tablet. Honestly though, I don't use it that much for automotive work...it is just easier to do it with the mouse.

Although, when I do need it, it is invaluable! I want to move to the Cintiq, but I can't yet justify the costs.
tonymophoto.com
I use the Wacom Bamboo Pen...

And as stated already, I dont use it all the time, but when I need to its worth every penny.
abbozzo
I use a Cintiq 21 at work for sketching, and have a personal Intuos3 (A4) both are great. Retouching photos with a pen is so much easier, in fact I avoid using my mouse as much as possible when working on anything like that. The motion you can create with a pen is so much easier to control than with a mouse.

It depends on your expected amount of use, but personally I think the Intuos is well worth the extra money over something like the bamboo. The size of the bamboo seems good for navigating around a screen and clicking on a few things with the pen style interaction at home- and maybe retouching some holiday snaps. But if your serious then the Intuos will become an invaluable tool. The ability to have a pressure and tilt sensitive brush when retouching is great.
JustinCesler
Is the Cintiq as dreamy as I hope it is?
DonJuanMair
i love my tablet, at first it took a while to get used to it but now i love it. I was always good at art so i think that helps too smile.gif
oh i use a wacom also
i think i have a small at home and medium at the office
mackey
I don't think i have to patience to learn a tablet, I used to have an old Graphir3 from wacom, but never got used to it so I sold it. I like my mouse too much.
TW0R
I have the last model bamboo. I got it for 48 bucks. I use it for everything except pen tooling. It takes some getting used to, but I just used it for web surfing and whatnot for a day and picked it up pretty quick. The new one has multitouch too! I really want it.
Nate047
I've been seriously considering taking the dive and getting one myself... Worst case scenario, it shouldn't be hard to flip on craigslist if I don't end up liking it
JustinCesler
QUOTE(Nate047 @ Feb 24 2010, 05:17 PM) *
I've been seriously considering taking the dive and getting one myself... Worst case scenario, it shouldn't be hard to flip on craigslist if I don't end up liking it

DO IT!
Seethegrim
Back when I actually was intelligent & had a full time job, my company bought me an A4 Wacom one I think. I hated it for the first bit, then just never touched a mouse again. Even in windows, I got so used to using the pen.

Now it's been years since I've used a tablet & I miss it like crazy. I really need to get one again. There is just no better way when it comes to retouching. Period.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.