Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY 2010: Hybrid Family Sedans
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
moe
For more on the DieselStation Car of the Year 2010 competition, please see this thread.

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan Hybrid
Base MSRP:
$27,950
Available Engines: 2.5 liter Atkinson-cycle I-4 with 191 HP (net) and 136 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: eCVT
Available Drivetrains: Front wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 41 City/36 Highway
Curb Weight: 3729 lbs.

Honda Insight
Base MSRP:
$19,800
Available Engines: 13 liter SOHC iVTEC I-4 with 98 HP (net) and123 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: CVT
EPA Fuel Economy: 40 City/43 Highway
Curb Weight: 2723-2734 lbs.

Nissan Altima Hybrid
Base MSRP:
$26,780
Available Engines: 2.5 liter DOHC I-4 with 158 HP (net) and 162 ft.-lbs of torque
Available Transmissions: CVT
Available Drivetrains: Four wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 35 City/33 Highway
Curb Weight: 4537 lbs.

(standard Altima pictured)

Toyota Camry Hybrid
Base MSRP:
$29,385
Available Engines: 2.4 liter I-4 with 187 HP (net) and 138 ft.-lbs of torque
EPA Fuel Economy: 33 City/34 Highway
Curb Weight: 3680 lbs.

Toyota Prius
Base MSRP:
$22,800
Available Engines: 1.8 liter DOHC inline-4 with 134 HP (net) and 105 ft.-lbs of torque
EPA Fuel Economy: 51 City/48 Highway
Curb Weight: 3042 lbs.

Razor
Motion to hang anyone who votes Prius or Camry.

EDIT: Off with your heads!
Bjorn
Fuck, there is absolutely nothing here.

Maybe the Fusion, since it's a proper hybrid unlike the Insight which is pretty much just a car with a really big starter motor.

New Prius and Camry I could care less about. The Prius gets more of my ire, since it's pretty much just a re bodying of the last gen, and doesn't move the game forward. Kinda disappointing since the first and second gen cars were game changers.
moe
I voted for the Prius. Lets face it you're buying a hybrid for the great gas mileage, and the Prius does that better than any other car here. It also looks pretty decent in its newest incarnation. The interior looks pretty slick, and it has more innovative technology behind it than any of the others.
Dr. Strangelove
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 17 2010, 06:08 AM) *
I voted for the Prius. Lets face it you're buying a hybrid for the great gas mileage, and the Prius does that better than any other car here. It also looks pretty decent in its newest incarnation. The interior looks pretty slick, and it has more innovative technology behind it than any of the others.

+1 as a hybrid, the Prius does it's job the best.
clarkma5
Fusion...it's still a good driver's car with the best fuel economy for a midsizer. The Altima would be a second choice but really does fail on the fuel economy front. Would never be caught dead in a Prius, and though I do kinda like the Insight (as hybrids go), it is full of fail in far too many ways...
DB9
Wow, never realized the prius' interior was that wretched... fusion for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.