Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Aircooled
I'm pretty pumped for this game. I've been a huge PC fps player since the original call of duty. I've been pretty loyal to the Call of Duty series but the last game was just a pathetic PC port of a console game. Bad Company 2 looks to be a spectacular game, it comes out early march and the PC beta goes live tomorrow. The call of duty series has been going down hill ever since call of duty 2. Actually I liked World at War but the profile manager is complete garbage and is pretty unusable to me. I've played alot of Team Fortress 2 the past several years as I have and probably always will lust Valve games and there have been no good multiplayer games that don't wear out within a month or two of purchase (eg Borderlands, Dirt 2, L4Ds). But I think I will be hooked for this game for awhile...

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED
Bjorn
I played BF2 BC as a demo on my 360, and wasn't too impressed. I was expecting something closer to BF2, not something so arcade like. Kinda reminded me of the BF2 people doing a CoD4.

Edit: after watching those videos, I'm wondering how much the demo I played was in development.
Flaw
How did you like WaW but consider COD4 as a step down from COD2? As far as this game is concerned, the destruction aspect looks so amazing I can't wait to blow up a 2 story house and have it fall on the entire enemy team.
BlackJack
Wow just from those videos I'm considering pre-ordering. I'm hooked on Modern Warfare 2 now, but with the veterans and the mass amount of campers on there, it's getting boring.

It seems that you have to pre-order the game in order to get the beta?
Aircooled
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Jan 27 2010, 08:21 PM) *
I played BF2 BC as a demo on my 360, and wasn't too impressed. I was expecting something closer to BF2, not something so arcade like. Kinda reminded me of the BF2 people doing a CoD4.

Edit: after watching those videos, I'm wondering how much the demo I played was in development.

If you are referring to the first Bad Company, then I will tell you Bad Company 2 is going to be much different, more like a more intense version of BF2(and with much better hitboxes rolleyes.gif ).

QUOTE(Flaw @ Jan 27 2010, 08:26 PM) *
How did you like WaW but consider COD4 as a step down from COD2? As far as this game is concerned, the destruction aspect looks so amazing I can't wait to blow up a 2 story house and have it fall on the entire enemy team.

CoD 2 was the first Call of Duty developed jointly for both PC and consoles, shortcuts were made due to this but it featured better graphics than its predecessor, Call of Duty: United Offensive, but lost what I enjoyed most, vehicles and large maps for them. Vehicles haven't come back since and I miss them. Its worthy to note that United Offensive was an expansion for the original Call of Duty, not a stand alone game. It was developed by Grey Matter studios, which were later merged into Treyarch, the developer of World at War. I played the beta of World at War and couldn't put it down. I bought the game opening day and probably played near 8 hours a day. I was the highest ranking player I saw on any server for the first two weeks. I registered with my game name, Click, when i got the game the first day. The game name was supposedly tied to the CD key. College got demanding so I fell out of my intense gaming sessions, a few weeks later I found I was unable to play as Click and had to make a new profile, Click2. I went to play a couple months ago and could not log on to Click2 or create a new account. Epic game fail. Hell I really liked Nazi Zombies, if they ever made a stand alone Nazi Zombies game I would probably get it, but the zombies thing is getting pretty overplayed by now.

I guess I didn't care for MW just because it went modern and I had become fond of the WWII era weaponry after playing 3 games and several years worth of it. Last year upon going to college I made some friends that throw LAN parties several times per break and nearly every week it seemed during the summer. MW is one of the primary games played and have come to appreciate it a little more.

Its just Activision has turned into a machine churning out games rather than taking a good game and polishing it into a really good game like they did with the first. Did you know they are already working on a successor to MW2 and the current planned release date is this year, 2010?

QUOTE(BlackJack @ Jan 27 2010, 08:36 PM) *
Wow just from those videos I'm considering pre-ordering. I'm hooked on Modern Warfare 2 now, but with the veterans and the mass amount of campers on there, it's getting boring.

It seems that you have to pre-order the game in order to get the beta?

As far as I know the only way to get into beta is to pre-purchase or somehow get in this beta-testing group or company thing. http://www.combattesting.com/ (I think the website is down atm, prolly flooded by people trying to get into the beta)
Frederf
It's really hard to enjoy a military game where a 40mm grenade knocks down a whole house. It just makes my brain hurt but I guess if I was a slobbering moron that kinda stuff wouldn't bother me.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Flaw @ Jan 27 2010, 08:26 PM) *

I played the ps3 beta, and you could completely blow up most small and medium size buildings, but not the big ones (i.e. the ones that hold caps, or such).
Jiggly Blubber
That 1st video was definitely rehearsed, I don't every remember playing a game online in the 1st BC where things were that neat, like the convoy and ambush lol.

I'll be picking up this game though. I loved the first one.
DB9
1st one didn't excite me. I just didn't get into spending 90% of my time running across a gigantic map only to get mowed down by a helicopter or cornered by a tank. So I'm gonna pass on this one.
UserDrew
I've always been a battlefield fan. I started with 1942 in 2002, Vietnam, BF2, 2142. I didn't play Bad Company because it was only released on console. I may get this. I am going to wait for the game to be released before I get it so I can get some other users opinions.
Aircooled
Played the beta for the last 4 hours or so. Its a pretty good game. I love the destructible environments. It helps alot with re playability, especially since there is only one map right now. I was guarding a cap point in the one building which we eventually lost, the next time I was defending that same point, someone blew out the back wall and I was significantly exposed, I thought to myself, man this changes everything and gave the game a different feel. Some guns feel underpowered, especially the mounted machine guns, they are 30 cal and it takes like 5 shots to kill someone, which is a bit much. One of the other things that bothers me is that you can only sprint in a straight line, I'm used to sprinting and strafing at the same time. Really wish I had my early release weapons!
Flaw
I tried it, but wasn't a huge fan. I liked the first one more...haven't really given this one much of a chance since the games I played were quite a bit laggy.
Bjorn
I'm a tool. The demo I played was BF: BC, not BF: BC2.

I downloaded BF: BC2 and the demo is pretty OK. I have played for an hour or so, and after I learned the map, I managed to be in the top third of my team every time. I like the destructible environments, it especially adds another element to the job of defending a target. A few times I ran for cover, only to find it blown to bits.

Kinda wish RPGs were stronger, and sniping was more challenging, not to mention dangerous. Literally half of the people I played with were snipers. Definitely needs to be a limit on that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.