Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photoshop Battle Contest #3 - Voting [REPOST]
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Technique & Tutorials
Seethegrim
Sorry guys, I have no idea what happened with the other thread or why the images got duplicated like that.
To make it fair, I'm starting this one again to even out the voting scores.

IMAGES FOR VOTING - DS CHALLENGE #3

Synesthesia
From a distance, one of these really stands out to me. None blow my mind with their handling of reflections, that's what had me worried the most about trying this contest (that and finding a good background image to work with). Nice work guys!
Konrad Janicki
when is the voting ending ? there is no info about the end
Seethegrim
Sorry, forgot to add voting closing. Lets make closing date for votes Tuesday 19 Jan @ 16h00 (GMT+2). That gives this weekend & 1 full weekday for votes.
mackey
gap is narrowing between 4 and 6
Seethegrim
And the winner is.... By a very close 1 vote...

MacKay! (again)

Nicely done dude!
Synesthesia
Which one is Mackey's? 4 and 6 are tied with 14 votes.
mackey
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Jan 19 2010, 09:31 AM) *
Which one is Mackey's? 4 and 6 are tied with 14 votes.

Assuming he counted last night or early this morning.

Brief description of edits:

New ground texture
BG Drop
Enhanced taillights (took lite up ones and over-layed them on top of existing)
New side panel and front quarter panel
Removed emblem
New orange color
Gradient tint on windows
Fixed rear bumper reflections
Cleaned up rusty exhaust cans
Removed loose wire from under carrage
Cleaned up random stuff
Dusk-esq tint
Cleaned up hot spots on rear fender
Konrad Janicki
Seethegrim was the boss of this edition so his counting is the final - and Mackey won, good work smile.gif so waiting for the next edition smile.gif

and #6 is my work biggrin.gif
Seethegrim
At the given deadline time, MacKay was leading by 1 vote, making him winner. ill edit the names above the entries tomorrow.

btw Konrad, I voted for yours, but I wasnt allowed to be biased. I loved the rocks.
DonJuanMair
that was a real nice edit!!!
GFWilliams
I voted #6. Very nice.

but well done Mackey smile.gif

(I did number 3 and noticed the rubbish editing around the spoiler after the entrance sad.gif)
kcederwall08
Dang, that was pretty close. I ultimately ended up voting for #4 just because he actually took the time to deal with the reflections.

Mine was #1 btw
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Konrad Janicki @ Jan 19 2010, 01:59 PM) *
and #6 is my work biggrin.gif

Nice work, that's the one I voted for, it was the most visually striking to me. smile.gif
Konrad Janicki
thx all who voted on my edit, especialy it was my first time with background changes smile.gif
but mackey work showed me how much detail I didn't work on

so mackey when we can expect a new edition ?
Dejan Sokolovski
Both #4 and #6 were very well done! I think I voted for #4 tho, it really was a dead end there for me... smile.gif

The Mustang looked really bad-ass on #3, that styling and color theme of it is perfect!
paco
i voted for #4 simply because of the attention to detail!

non rusted exhaust pipe but mostly because it the only one who dealt with the fence reflections at the back..!
mackey
Ummm. I don't know when the next one will be, I have an idea to take a modified car, and revert it back to stock, but that might be too much work for most.
Konrad Janicki
mackey - the change from tuned to stock might be to hard and it would take a lot of time to maki it good so there could be a small amount of people doing it
Seethegrim
Bump bump on getting the next challenge going Mr MacKay...
Konrad Janicki
It's winter so he is probally in Hibernation tongue.gif
mackey
I haven't decided what to do.

I'm almost wanting to go on a points based system next round and have 3 of my friends judge them. They will still be blind, but they will be rated on a points system rather than user favorite.

Kind of funny that after this contest was done and I was announced winner, the other contender got like 7 more votes, so i'm obviously not a crowd favorite.

I think it would make for a better unbiased opinion, I wouldn't be voting, I would send the images blindly with the rating scale.

What do you think?
DonJuanMair
i think this is getting a bit too serious, 3 judges dude? Photoshop Idol?
mackey
QUOTE(DonJuanMair @ Feb 4 2010, 12:49 PM) *
i think this is getting a bit too serious, 3 judges dude? Photoshop Idol?

No, not at all. One person would be biased, i'm just saying if I go the points route, i don't want to be the judge, and I wouldn't want one person doing it.

I don't mind having it stay user vote, it's just a bit messy that way.
Konrad Janicki
maybe not a poll but every one on the forum gives points to 3 works (that he likes) with a system similar to F1
for example:
work #1 - 4 points
work #2 - 2 points
work #3 - 1 point

or somthing similar
mackey
QUOTE(Konrad Janicki @ Feb 4 2010, 01:53 PM) *
maybe not a poll but every one on the forum gives points to 3 works (that he likes) with a system similar to F1
for example:
work #1 - 4 points
work #2 - 2 points
work #3 - 1 point

or somthing similar

Not a bad idea, but a lot messier than the current polling system.
Synesthesia
If it ain't broke don't fix it...
JustinCesler
Guys... I think you are going a bit overboard...

We don't need an F1 style points system or three randomly appointed people doing blind voting, lets just post some junk up and see what people like...

What's the problem with that?
Seethegrim
lolz. I agree that that might be too complex. Dudes, we're just doing this to have some fun & practise. I couldn't care who wins (I would prefer it not being me, so I don't have to do admin), I just enjoy messing around with someone else's image! biggrin.gif

Just post any image MacKay. And btw, I highly doubt people are not in favour of 'you' as a person. We're not all against you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.