Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photoshop Tutorial - Curves explained
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Technique & Tutorials
jcreech
I haven't used my blog in awhile and I figured it was about time to create some new content. I recently helped edit someones photo and when I was done, I was asked to outline what changes I made and how I did them. While I was explaining it to the original photographer, I realized how foreign some of photoshops techniques are to photoshop rookies. I used to always use brightness/contrast, until I learned how to use Levels. After grasping the concept of levels, I eventually moved on to curves. Now, I tend to use all three depending on the situation, but I thought that explaining curves, which I see as the most complex and powerful tool for altering brightness and contrast, would be a good place to start. Check back next week because I'm going to explain how to use curves to alter color balance as well as what Levels does.

http://jeffcreech.com/blog/?p=350
Konrad Janicki
nice, thx fir sharing
I think when you are showing the 4 diferent settings of the curve you should also show how the image changes, just to compare the efects of the adjustment
DB9
Jesus christ was that wine to incense thing way back in august? Seems like it was yesterday. Shit time is flying by this year.

Anyway, lovely read. Very helpful. But pics, like Janicki said, would be helpful too.
jcreech
Another one hott off the presses. Curved Explained: Session dos

http://jeffcreech.com/blog/?p=355

QUOTE(DB9 @ Jan 14 2010, 11:11 PM) *
Jesus christ was that wine to incense thing way back in august? Seems like it was yesterday. Shit time is flying by this year.

Anyway, lovely read. Very helpful. But pics, like Janicki said, would be helpful too.

Yea, I definitely agree. I should change that. Don't I wish that wine/incense thing was done yesterday. Would seem much less like I've been spinning my tires, not going anywhere, for the past few months.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.