Full Version: Pastrana's New Year's Jump
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
moe

Happy New Year guys.
Altostratus
watched this live.
i thought it was epic
Asher
Was the smashup at the end planned? Pretty sweet none the less.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Asher @ Jan 1 2010, 04:51 PM) *
Was the smashup at the end planned? Pretty sweet none the less.

I think that it was. There was no way that car going 90 miles per hour was going to stop in such a short distance.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Jan 1 2010, 09:48 PM) *
I think that it was. There was no way that car going 90 miles per hour was going to stop in such a short distance.

Yeah agreed. The stunt was cool, but my god is television obnoxiously loud and overdramatic.
DB9
Pastrana seems like a really genuine guy. It was kinda funny because during all of his interviews he seemed so hyper and squirrely. Great stunt too.
BlackJack
QUOTE(DB9 @ Jan 2 2010, 05:29 PM) *
Pastrana seems like a really genuine guy. It was kinda funny because during all of his interviews he seemed so hyper and squirrely. Great stunt too.

He is very hyper all the time. I saw and met him when i was at the Rally America in Maine. Very cool guy.
OHirtenfelder
Holy crap, that's a long jump! Just too cool.

He does say at the end how slick and slippery the floor is, which is possibly part of the reason why he couldn' scrub the speed off fast enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.