Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technical Forum
Dieselstation Car Forums > Forum Issues > Issues & Suggestions
Ozi
I know many people here are car savvy so would it be possible to get like a tech forum ? For cars, maintenance, engine modding etc...

Personally, I have a few questions once in a while on basic stuff such as oil change, diagnosing CEL etc... I think it would be a good idea, but on the other hand since we drive all difference cars, maybe not s omuch. Just throwing it out there.
dukenukem
Put it into Car Garage forums. thumbs_up.gif
Ozi
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Dec 18 2009, 11:20 AM) *
Put it into Car Garage forums. thumbs_up.gif

Yep, you are actually right. Thanks!
Diesel
Would there be any interest in basic car care subforum too? basics like how to change oil, brakes, suspension, etc? Maybe users and post tutorials?
BlackJack
I wouldn't mind that at all. This way, we can get more members elsewhere, not just the photography forum haha.
Aircooled
QUOTE(Ozi @ Dec 18 2009, 09:58 AM) *
Personally, I have a few questions once in a while on basic stuff such as oil change

Get one of these.

Buy a set pf ramps or jack your car up and support with jack stands.

Put said oil drain pan under oil plug.

Unscrew drain plug.

Let oil drain.

Position drain pan under oil filter location.

I highly prefer these stamped steel filter wrenches instead of the strap type wrenches.

Take oil filter off.

Take your new filter, fill it almost to the top with oil. Dab soem oil on your finger and run it around the rubber ring seal.

Tighten hand tight then like a half turn with the wrench.

Fill crankcase with oil.

QUOTE(Ozi @ Dec 18 2009, 09:58 AM) *
Personally, I have a few questions once in a while on basic stuff such as diagnosing CEL

Go to autozone and they will scan for free and give you a print out. Take everything with a grain of salt and ask on a forum of your car make (eg whoretex). I had a CEL I took it in and I had "IDLE ADAPTATION AT LIMIT", "FAULTY READING AT BANK 1 O2 SENSOR" and maybe one other. Of course the Autozone guy was looking up how much a new O2 sensor was and was ready to sell me one. I pop the hood and hear a loud sucking noise, remove my engine cover and its vacuum line leaking, 70 cent fix. CEL cleared that day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.