Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F1 2009 Video Game
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
skr
http://formula1-game.com/

Anyone aiming to get this game? I'm wondering if it'll be worth it. I played the Liverpool Studios version a while back and I really liked it.
Dr. Strangelove
Is it really only wii and psp?

*Edit* From IGN: "The scale of development that was required for the next-gen projects, especially with something like Formula 1, to do it on such a massive high-def scale requires a lot more development time than less powerful platforms like the PSP and Wii," admits brand manager Paul Walters on the choice made by Codemasters.

Weak fucking sauce. No, I will not be getting it.
clarkma5
Yeah I got a spam in my inbox today about this...I was like, Wii and PSP? No thanks.
moe
I might get it on the Wii if it's any good.
tune
I saw it for sale for Wii and thought it could be fun, as you get a F1 shaped steering wheel for the Wii remote to slot into, but that could make it difficult not to feel arcady and the graphics don't look that great.
Bjorn
Can someone confirm that there is a good F1 game coming out for the 360 and PS3? I remember phix salivating over it a while ago, saying it was going to be amazing. I vaguely remember him saying it was going to span an entire career, carting, F2000, starting with a low end F1 team, getting hired to better teams based on performance...
Razor
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 24 2009, 10:24 AM) *
Can someone confirm that there is a good F1 game coming out for the 360 and PS3? I remember phix salivating over it a while ago, saying it was going to be amazing. I vaguely remember him saying it was going to span an entire career, carting, F2000, starting with a low end F1 team, getting hired to better teams based on performance...

Sounds like a pipe dream to me... but that sounds like what I'd like for endurance racing.
moe
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 24 2009, 07:24 PM) *

That would be epic.
Altostratus
there is a f1 game for PS3, it came out near launch and was boring like most f1 games
tune
This is the only thing I know of: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/976/976340p1.html
Phix
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Nov 24 2009, 10:24 AM) *

You started out as a test driver and worked your way into a full seat in the 2006 PS3 F1 game.

The 360/PS3/PC game for F1 2010 is going to have a similar if not expanded career mode.

In other news... I bought this piece of shit game and it's awful yet fun in an awful way. It's 15000^e3 arcadey, nothing is accurate, all the cars have KERS and they all pretty much have the same amount of power... I think some of the top end cars like the Brawn have a lot more grip but I think that's it. There's really not much to differentiate between the handling of the cars to be honest.

Basically, the way to get the fastest times guaranteed all the time on Hardest difficulty or whatever is to make your suspension super-stiff, put on Softs, and max out downforce/grip levels seeing as how top end speed is pretty much the same across the board.

The career mode is pretty lame, too. 3 seasons of going through stupid "emails" and reading the exact same "You're doing awesome! Keep it up!" B.S. over and over. The tracks are pretty rough in terms of accuracy and the cars all look awful. It's much more akin to a first-gen PS2 game if not a late-gen PS1 game than even something on the Wii.

And the packaged F1-style wheel is total garbage. How does anyone even race with it? I just use the classic controller with the two analog sticks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.