Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dragon Age
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
moe
The trailer looked good, my best friend gave it an extremely positive review, and it was by the makers of Mass Effect. So I bought it. I no longer have a life. Anyone else playing it?
duality
I don't play video games anymore sad.gif

Is anyone playing MW2...it's all the hype these days tongue.gif

...way to change the subject lol.
Razor
Nope, haven't played either Dragon Age or MW2. I went home for one night this past weekend and I drove 42 laps of La Sarthe in a 908 HDi... that was addicting.
Bjorn
I want MW2, but dragon age sounds interesting, especially since it's from Bioware. Those guys don't seem to strike out...probably because they are Canadian!
moe
My roommate is hooked on MW2. Forza is kind of the backburner until I finish Dragon Age.
Seethegrim
QUOTE(duality @ Nov 16 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Is anyone playing MW2...it's all the hype these days tongue.gif

MW2? MorroWind 2? Most Wanted 2?
Razor
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Nov 16 2009, 04:28 PM) *
MW2? MorroWind 2? Most Wanted 2?

So where is this rock you live under? tongue.gif

Modern Warfare 2, so this post isn't 100% douche.
Aircooled
Not buying it due to the fact its just a ported noobcake console version.
DB9
Yea i heard pc version was better..

MW2 on the other hand is insane. Already went to a LAN party with some friends from school. All nighter with lots of pizza and energy drinks. It was legit.
Seethegrim
QUOTE(Razor @ Nov 16 2009, 11:29 PM) *
Modern Warfare 2, so this post isn't 100% douche.

*cough* *ahem* Thanks. head.gif whistle.gif
moe
Yeah, the PC version is supposed to be the best followed closely by the PS3 version. The Xbox version isn't as good, but hey, if I bought it on PS3 it'd be money out of my pocket...and if we got it for Xbox...my roommate would cover it.
b0mb3r
that sounds interesting... i may have to pick up a copy.
Seethegrim
I saw the game trailer for Dragon Age! ooooooooh!

I have to get to a LAN asap.
duality
QUOTE(Seethegrim @ Nov 17 2009, 11:40 PM) *
I saw the game trailer for Dragon Age! ooooooooh!
+1. It does look wicked firedevil.gif
duality
Zero Punctuation reviews Dragon Age: Origins.
Bjorn
I rented MW2, Red Dawn anyone?

It's good, but too much a continuation of MW1 IMHO. It doesn't really bring anything new to the table, except an extension of the story.
moe
Dragon Age is on hold. I have way to much going on this week, and my roommate hasn't put the controller down since he bought Assassin's Creed 2.
Bjorn
I beat the single player campaign in MW2 after four days of casual play. I miss single player content. Since the game companies figured out that people will pay to play games which rely exclusively on user-generated content, those of us who aren't thrilled about playing online have been given the royal salute.

To that end, I rented Dragon Age, hoping for another Mass Effect.

Kinda disappointed, I was hoping for something bit more like ME, where you control your character much more directly, rather than just telling it where to go, and what to do. I have it for another two days, but I think I'm just gonna be happiest waiting for ME2.
moe
^ You must not be very far in the game. The intro sequence is very dictated (as there's a different story for each different character you can dream up), but after that you have complete freedom of choice on where to go.
Bjorn
Sorry, I didn't mean in terms of story, I meant in terms of actual control of the character. I really liked how Mass Effect blurred the lines of the FPS and the RPG, and I was hoping that dragon age would be more of the same. I'm a FPS junkie who craves good story and enjoys the customizability of RPG games. Mass Effect had the perfect blend IMO.
moe
Ah I get what you're saying now, and you're right. But I can't deny that Dragon Age is just epic. I really just want to go back and play it now.
Bjorn
Meh, I kinda loose interest in games where the scope is too big. I need some direction. I'm really disappointed that the MW2 took me only five hours to finish. Although I hear that Special Operations multilayer is way better than the single player campaign.

The game I'm most looking forward to is Mass Effect 2.
Halflifehavock13
'Morrigan Disapproves'....

.....FFFUUUUUUU
moe
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Dec 1 2009, 06:53 PM) *
The game I'm most looking forward to is Mass Effect 2.

Same here, though Assassin's Creed 2 is a close runner-up, and Dragon Age is a pleasant surprise.

QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Dec 1 2009, 07:31 PM) *
'Morrigan Disapproves'....

.....FFFUUUUUUU

Dude, she is SO easy.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(moe @ Dec 1 2009, 06:06 PM) *
Dude, she is SO easy.

Yeah, but it's retarded how when you do something that is remotely nice, she gets pissed. Just throw gifts at her, otherwise.
moe
I'm at the point where it really doesn't matter what I do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.