Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ferrari 599
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > The Cool Wall > Cool
Phix

The 599 GTB Fiorano (internal code F139) is an Italian gran turismo produced by Ferrari. It is the brand's two-seat flagship, replacing the 575 M Maranello in 2006 as a 2007 model.

Styled by Pininfarina under the direction of Ferrari's Frank Stephenson, the 599 GTB debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in February 2006. It is named for its total engine displacement (5999 cc), Gran Turismo Berlinetta nature, and the Fiorano Circuit test track used by Ferrari.

Technical Specifications

Drivetrain: Front Engine / RWD
Engine: 6.0L Tipo F133F V12 - 611bhp @ 7600rpm
Transmission: 6-spd manual -or- 6-spd F1 sequential
Weight: 1,690kg (3,726lb)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_599_GTB_Fiorano
Phix
heart.gif
Bjorn
Looks amazing from every angle but the front, so fucking goofy.

Respect what it can do, but the goofy grin ruins the car for me.

Neutral.
MustangAficionado
Im not decided, the 575M was just such classy sexy, this is totally different.
moe
To be honest, I've always preferred the 612 over the 599...it's just classier IMO. Cool car nonetheless. There are very few Ferraris which aren't.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Oct 26 2009, 04:27 AM) *
To be honest, I've always preferred the 612 over the 599...it's just classier IMO. Cool car nonetheless. There are very few Ferraris which aren't.

Same, I've a thing for 2+2 GT's. This car is still cool though.
duality
I find this to be one of, if not, the sexiest, most enticing and exhilerating Ferrari's of recent years. It just embodies the prowess of Ferrari... and so alluring.

Sersiously, when this car came out...I was in love, and each time I see or hear one...yep, still am.
clarkma5
I went back and forth between neutral and uncool. In the end I decided on neutral. It doesn't do much for me, except make me think that Ferrari used to be a better company...
Altostratus
adore the 599.
a Ferrari with the engine in the right place= cool
4wheelfreak
Every single Ferrari is cool.
And this is the coolest production Ferrari. So fucking sexy!
moe
QUOTE(4wheelfreak @ Oct 27 2009, 11:47 PM) *
Every single Ferrari is cool.

No. The Mondial most definitely wasn't.
Altostratus
you need to die
Razor
They should put every Testarossa and Mondial ever made in a desert and drop a nuke on dat shit.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Razor @ Dec 28 2009, 09:28 PM) *
They should put every Testarossa and Mondial ever made in a desert and drop a nuke on dat shit.

What's so horrible about the Testarossa?
Razor
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Dec 29 2009, 12:26 AM) *
What's so horrible about the Testarossa?

It's only barely better looking than a Mondial. Might as well be just as bad.
moe
^ No Ferrari deserves to be nuked, though I've heard the 348 was particularly terrible.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Razor @ Dec 29 2009, 12:34 AM) *
It's only barely better looking than a Mondial. Might as well be just as bad.

No way, the Testarossa looks cool, plus it's actually supposed to be a really good car whereas the Mondial is ugly and slow...
dukenukem
I am torn between uncool and neutral. While on the one hand it is very very quick and agile it is also hideously ugly. Needs more thought.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.