Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I want to buy some flash
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
GolfuletzStudio
hello i want to buy some flash for my 40d , but i don t have a lot of money

so

i find something

so i want to buy

2x Nissin Speedlite Di466 this is like 100euro one ( http://www.f64.ro/blitz-nissin-digital-spe...6-pt-canon.html )

and one wirless transimtion , and this is like 50euro ( http://www.f64.ro/tr-06-transmitator-recep...itz-extern.html )

i have other option ?

to buy some second hand gear ?

it s necessery to buy Canon Flash ? or it s k to buy flash made for canon.

this 2 flashes its compatible to wirless transmition ?! cause i don t see the red zone...

at second hand i find

Canon SpeedLite 540 EZ at 130euro
BartusKN.nl
That wireless remote looks like a Cactus v2s. And I got one of those, and I can say that the range isn't that far but enough to be handy i think.

Canon SpeedLite 540 EZ is for oldstyle camera's without the digital part. I wouldn't try to use that one on the 40D of yours. That might result in a non-working camera cos the voltage which the flash uses might be too high.

Why dont you try to buy some second hand 430 EX II ? Only if you need wireless transmitting by the unit itself a 580 EX is quite handy. But if you use those wireless remotes a 430EXII can do basicly the same.
GolfuletzStudio
i found 430EX I at 140euro ..... deserved ?
Grantzphoto
QUOTE(GolfuletzStudio @ Oct 22 2009, 04:00 AM) *
i found 430EX I at 140euro ..... deserved ?

Sounds like a good deal to me, at least at the current exchange rate between us dollars and euros.
GolfuletzStudio
i decide, tomorow i buy the 430ex I and next week wirless sistem
OHirtenfelder
I'll give you the same advice that Dejan gave me when I asked the same question.

Go to Ebay and buy a set of Vivitar 285HVs. I got 3 flashes and a set of Cactus V2 wireless transmitters (4 receivers, 2 transmitters) for a very decent price. Plus I got 2 tripods, with umbrellas.
So far the flashes have been excellent. They aren't the strongest, but have served me fine in most situations other than bright sunlight. The Cactus system is cheap, and it shows. The range isn't the greatest, but that can be alleviated with a little modification to the trigger. Sometimes they fire randomly which will piss you off, but it's not too bad. You'll be able to live with it.
The flashes should cost about $80 new, and I saw trigger systems for about $40 (2 receivers, one trigger).
I bought mine as kits from an ebay store (the name escapes me right now). I can honestly say, for the money, you can't go wrong.
My only issue now is not enough power, but I'll upgrade soon.

Hope this helps
GolfuletzStudio
tnx for advice , but i m not hurry , and prefer to buy one now and keep it 1-2 years ... , and in o month to buy another and another ... i think 3 flashe it s k no ? with trigger and recivers .
Marius
i thnink that OHirtenfelder is right + with the money you spent on 430EX you can get 2 Vivitar 285HVs. I just saw on ebay : Vivitar 285 HV Flash Kit at 250 USDollars.

Look at this link - http://cgi.ebay.com/Vivitar-285-HV-Flash-K...=item19b5c64384

they could be cheeper as OHirtenfelder told you ... but the one from the link has a lot of helping stuff

P.S. : If is a problem with the link you can delete it .. thanks
Grantzphoto
Its great to have 3 flashes but its always nice to have one that will do E-TTL for when your lazy. I say get the 430 and then get the Vivitars and some triggers down the road.
SwissWhiskey
Get the Vivitars 285HV + Cactus V2s (v4 are better though)

OR

Some used Nikkon SB-24 or SB28 + Cactus...
GolfuletzStudio
QUOTE(Grantzphoto @ Oct 24 2009, 05:23 PM) *
Its great to have 3 flashes but its always nice to have one that will do E-TTL for when your lazy. I say get the 430 and then get the Vivitars and some triggers down the road.

what exactly it's E-TTL ?
Grantzphoto
QUOTE(GolfuletzStudio @ Oct 24 2009, 02:52 PM) *
what exactly it's E-TTL ?
You could set your 40d to av mode and the flash in E-TTL mode it will determine flash power and exposure for you. I use it for weddings and some portrait stuff when I'm to lazy to bust out the mono-lights. Like everyone else said though you won't get nearly the same results with one light as you would with two or three. Its just nice to have 1 flash that would be fire and forget on camera.
GolfuletzStudio
i make a decision , i buy one 430ex I and next buy 2 Vivitar ( http://www.f64.ro/vivitar-autofocus-flash-...ntru-canon.html )

my next question is , this vivitar works with trigger and recivers ?!
Grantzphoto
QUOTE(GolfuletzStudio @ Oct 25 2009, 02:07 PM) *
i make a decision , i buy one 430ex I and next buy 2 Vivitar ( http://www.f64.ro/vivitar-autofocus-flash-...ntru-canon.html )

my next question is , this vivitar works with trigger and recivers ?!
Yes it will but you will need a Vivitar to miniphone or Vivitar to pc cord depending on what triggers you are using to sync the flashes with. The vivitar proprietary connection isn't a common connection so you will need to source that. Another option is a hot shoe adapter. You will need one anyway to use the 430 off camera.
GolfuletzStudio
today , i buy the 430ex , i like it next week hope to buy the reciver and transmiter ....

i have slave mode... to use this ... i can use the boy flash to start the 430ex ? and if i can ... how ? need to change something on the body menu ?
Dragos
why don't you read the manual wink.gif
Konrad Janicki
look out with the Vivitar ( http://www.f64.ro/vivitar-autofocus-flash-...ntru-canon.html ) - if its similar to my 850AFC it won't work with Cactus trigers
I bought it a while ago and read almost everything that I could find aboud my 850AFC but no one knows why it won't work whit the triggers ;/

I'm thinking about buying the Vivitar 285hv any one knows the power of them ? is it similar to 430ex or 580 ex or what??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.