Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally Decided on the 40D
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Gear & Equipment
Narsh
Looks like its going to be the 40D. I think it will be more than adequate for the next 3-5 years of shooting and the price is right. I just picked up a Tamron 10-24mm. I'll be using that a heck of a lot more than my 18-55mm kit lens.
abs0Lut
1-24mm?
DB9
He meant 10-24 I think. Congrats on the purchase though!
Martin
Why buy the 40D if there's a 50D on the market? If you're planning to keep it 3-5 years I'd definitely go for the latest.
I had my 40D two years now and it feels outdated compared to newer cameras.
Narsh
oops yeah I meant the 10-24...

The 50D doesn't really have a whole lot on the 40D. I can't get the same performance and quality for $500 less.
`nT
Good choice! You're better off using the leftovers on some more glass biggrin.gif
Narsh

(yes I know that the furniture is dusty as hell, I just removed a TV from there)

I can't wait to shoot a car with it!!! I was messing around in my office with it and it is super fun, not as much distortion as I would have thought either.

(the guitar is for sale too... )
SwissWhiskey
QUOTE(Martin @ Oct 16 2009, 08:23 AM) *
Why buy the 40D if there's a 50D on the market? If you're planning to keep it 3-5 years I'd definitely go for the latest.
I had my 40D two years now and it feels outdated compared to newer cameras.

Feels outdated? ISO performance is better than the 50D and on paar with the 7D. AF is more than fine for any normal human. I used a 1DMKII for 5 months last year and the 40D more can keep up with Airshow/Aviation, Motorsport, and Sports in general.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.