Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New addition to my garage
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
speedyK

Thanks Bjorn. You were right. Someone told me to use yt instaed of the full words rolleyes.gif
Bjorn
Nice addition.

A bit big and heavy for my tastes, but definitely a classic through and through.
speedyK
Thanks. Explain that for me please! smile.gif
Bjorn
explain the embedding?

I just did (youtube)video ID(/youtube) but with square brackets. I think you did [yt]video ID[/yt]
Aircooled
Ah ha. That car was on my list, I knew it was going to be English!
BlackJack
Wait, so you still have the Exige?
350Z
I did say DB7 Vantage with my one guess, how is it?
DB9
QUOTE(BlackJack @ Oct 14 2009, 05:01 PM) *

http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?...st&p=455507
porsche944
you have a leaf in your grille
speedyK
QUOTE(BlackJack @ Oct 15 2009, 12:01 AM) *

Sale is agreed but not paid in full, so still with me thumbs_up.gif

QUOTE(porsche944 @ Oct 15 2009, 12:58 AM) *
you have a leaf in your grille

Yeah I only saw that when I checked the the pics. Wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't devoured a few animals or small children too! biggrin.gif pics

QUOTE(350Z @ Oct 15 2009, 12:20 AM) *
I did say DB7 Vantage with my one guess, how is it?

Doesn't seem to matter what gear it's in it just goes! DS_Naughty2.gif
SwissWhiskey
Wow! Congrats man, I was expecting something a bit less flashy.

Hows is using V12 smoothness every day?
MustangAficionado
Time to change your sig
infinity
Congrats! I've always loved the DB7 thumbs_up.gif
speedyK
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Oct 15 2009, 08:18 PM) *
Time to change your sig

thumbs_up.gif

1st report! biggrin.gif

Been on a half a tank trip this evening.

How can I phrase this?

Travelling at the legal limit is subjectively akin to standing still especially (I should imagine!) in contrast to other speeds...

100 km/h could be comfortably added to the open road/autobahn limits under most circumstances (I should imagine!).

Tracks straight as an arrow. Uncanny keenness to respond to input when negotiating a roundabout enthusiastically a truly surprising nimbleness that belies its weight. It's no Lotus in the steering feedback, but not a fraction as bad as I'm sure most of you suppose it must be.

My colleague was impressed when we found an open stretch and I mean flat and with a completely unobstructed view all around of road and putting my foot down in 4th resulted in stellar acceleration. Creamy smooth, seemingly boundless continually accelerating surge forwards. Applying the brakes to check it all resulted in a very impressive poise and lack of drama as it hauled the speed back down.

Had an interesting moment when I was attacking an empty roundabout and the side of the seat seemed to collapse by a centimetre or so under load ohdear.gif Investigation showed that the seat squab (which had presumably been removed when they were treating the leather) had not been fully clipped back onto its frame and the lateral load had finally pushed it home.

About 320 kilometers. About half an 89 litre tank = 14 litres per 100 km = 20 mpg. Not as bad as I expected! biggrin.gif

Well on the way to bonding with the car after this evenings run. I'm stirred but not shaken wink.gif
VisualEchos
You sir, have excellent taste.
Aircooled
This thread is worthless without pics and more specifically, videos..
speedyK
^^^ Me thinks you didn't watch my YouTube video till the end.

Not done a video of the car yet only got it on Wednesday evening, but here are some first snaps:

VisualEchos
That color is sooooooooooooooooooooo good on that car.
moe
That's absolutely beautiful Speedy. Congratulations.
speedyK
Thanks guys! cool.gif
speedyK
Horrible weather here today, so it's staying snug in the garage
eraser_rx
2 cars for now is good....but 1 car next year is even better rolleyes.gif
moe
^ Wtf?
speedyK
eraser_rx is referring to my plan to replace both the (already sold, but not yet collected) Exige and the Aston with a Nissan GT-R thumbs_up.gif
Altostratus
so you did buy an XJS V12!
speedyK
Now it's my turn to say WTF?! biggrin.gif

Does it look like an XJS V12???

Though my bro has told me I MUST let him borrow the Aston to go over the Alps and he'll lend me his XJS V12 when I'm in England. He also says, "do NOT wrap it up before I've been in it" laugh.gif
Altostratus
the DB7 is based off the XJS chassis...
speedyK
True but, particularly for the Vantage, it was significantly modified. The all alloy V12 Vantage engine is light and sits well back in the chassis. I've been surprised by its agility.

A few interior pics

Quote from my bro on seeing these pics and knowing that I want to change it for a GT-R,

"It looks freakin' brillinat. Don't weigh it in for a rice burner, for
goodness sake! How could you? Have you no soul?"

biggrin.gif
moe
^ Haha. I want to agree with him, but the GT-R is quite a machine. It's also beautiful, in a very modern, brutal kind of way. Also that two-tone interior is gorgeous. Green with white...mmm.
b0mb3r
is that real wood?
Razor
QUOTE(b0mb3r @ Oct 19 2009, 09:55 AM) *
is that real wood?

In an Aston, I would hope... seriously.
Bjorn
I always felt that, until the DB9, modern Aston interiors left a lot to be desired.

Also, is that a tape deck? Isn't this a 2000? I thought Lexus were the only people who refused to give up the cassette tape (SC430 still has one to this day).
nismo
That's a boring ass steering wheel.
moe
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Oct 19 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Also, is that a tape deck? Isn't this a 2000? I thought Lexus were the only people who refused to give up the cassette tape (SC430 still has one to this day).

My car's an '05 and has a tape deck. Which works for me, because I use it to hook up my iPod.
b0mb3r
Its a wonderful car, I am sure but that interior is just ugly...
Altostratus
that white leather is a bitch to clean.
and yeah, that steering wheel sucks the big one
Aircooled
The steering wheel was the first thing that caught my eye. Was the car in an accident? Surely when you buy a 150K car, that price includes an Aston Martin badge on the steering wheel so you don't forget what your driving.
The shifter reminds me of the one time when I talked my friend into letting me drive is Ford Contour.

The back seat looks like it is easy to fall asleep in....
Phix
er, yeah, what's up with that steering wheel? Every pic I see of DB7 interiors has 'Aston Martin' embossed into the steering wheel.
DB9
Agreed that the interior is a little uninspiring. I don't like the green leather either that well, but thats just me.

What an awesome car though! Congrats man.
speedyK
Wood:
Of course it's real wood!
Instead of the standard burr walnut veneer, options included:
- burr oak veneer (for CHF 2,190.00 = $2,161.00)
- burr elm veneer (for CHF 2,190.00 = $2,161.00)
- burr maple veneer (for CHF 2,190.00 = $2,161.00)
- carbon fibre veneer (for a mere $4,333.00)

Tape deck:
The Alpine head unit was standard on the DB7 Vantage mine has the sound system with the CD changer in the boot under a panel where the handbook and battery conditioner also resides.

Steering wheel:
The standard wheel is a 4-spoke. Mine has the optional 3-spoke, full leather wheel ( an option that cost CHF 1,300.00 = $1,283.00)
I also looked at one that had the 3-spoke with wooden top part to the wheel (this was the actual car at the Geneva show in 2001) I hated it.

The one I've got is just right! biggrin.gif
Phix
lol, the owner's manual is in the trunk? because that makes as much sense as having a deck in your glovebox.
speedyK
It hardly needs a manual. Pretty much self-explanatory - even the center console:

Btw, the AstonMartin golfing umbrella (talk about typically English!) mounted in the boot of mine was a CHF430.00 = $425.00 option too.
moe
I like the interior, it's got an old-world kind of feel to it. You know, looking at that interior, that this could only be an Aston or a Jag. Not a fan of that wheel either, looks like typical Ford parts-bin garbage that they've tried to unsuccessfully cover up.
Aircooled
I remember seeing a car, I think it was a Rolls, that in the door jamb was a round button. Pressing it would cause an umbrella to come out of it. Pretty sweet.
infinity
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Oct 19 2009, 06:04 PM) *
I remember seeing a car, I think it was a Rolls, that in the door jamb was a round button. Pressing it would cause an umbrella to come out of it. Pretty sweet.
Yep, the Rolls Royce Phantom.

Makes more sense than the trunk/boot.
Altostratus
did it come with the optional sport exhaust aswell?
clarkma5
I keep my owner's manual in the trunk, next to the spare tire. VW has a slot in the glovebox for it but the owner's manual got bigger between 2002 and 2004 and it doesn't fit there X.gif
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 20 2009, 12:21 AM) *
I keep my owner's manual in the trunk, next to the spare tire. VW has a slot in the glovebox for it but the owner's manual got bigger between 2002 and 2004 and it doesn't fit there X.gif

At least you have one. sad.gif
clarkma5
...you don't have an owner's manual? Buy one...
speedyK
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Oct 20 2009, 02:38 AM) *
did it come with the optional sport exhaust aswell?

That wasn't a listed factory option for the DB7 Vantage though with Aston Martin, pretty much anything is possible for a price...

Mine does have the heated front screen though which is useful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.